Constant crashing to login screen, when zone changing!

Same problem... after the last update on all servers
Last edited by Alice_Cara on May 13, 2018, 2:43:52 AM
Same issue, tried it all, no fixes. Any suggestions?
Client and instance stability have been an issue for a while now, but they definitely seem worse lately. It now takes three tries to log in to PoE:
1) log in, click play, receive error, and get returned to the log in screen;
2) log in, click play, hear the sounds of town... and get returned to the log in screen;
3) log in, click play, hear the sounds of town, wait 20 - 30 more seconds... and finally be rewarded by having the game start.

Excelsior!

Client crashes have also increased in frequency over the last few weeks, as has performance generally - latency spikes, frame rate drops (hello, slide show!), and generally sub-par performance are now regular features of the game. There seems to be no pattern, either; the client will crash with a large number of mobs on-screen, but it will also crash in the middle of a vendor transaction in town. Sometimes I'll be able to recover my instance, and sometimes it will just be gone.

Again, none of this is new - my first post about this was on March 11th. Come on, GGG - we now know that you've been a little preoccupied lately, but surely with all that Tencent money in the ol' coffers, you can do something about the stability of the game's non-Chinese servers. I can't remember any prior time when poor performance to this degree wouldn't be at least acknowledged.
If you play with hdd, than go for ssd.

If you have 8gb ram, go for 16. Turn off all unnecessary programs and if needed open only one page in web browser.

Its from 3.0 - I suggest game is loading tone of small files and later it start to work with windows page file and only restart help. I think due new content there is new engine technology so its reloading basic engine each time you leave area (or at least part of it).
Last edited by Rexeos on May 24, 2018, 7:34:09 AM
"
Rexeos wrote:

If you have 8gb ram, go for 16. Turn off all unnecessary programs and if needed open only one page in web browser.

Its from 3.0 - I suggest game is loading tone of small files and later it start to work with windows page file and only restart help. I think due new content there is new engine technology so its reloading basic engine each time you leave area (or at least part of it).

I thought the new engine technology was supposed to improve performance, not degrade it? Not to mention that I already have 16 GB or RAM, and replacing my HDD with a SSD will cost a few hundred CDN dollars - a pretty steep ask for a FTP game, especially since it's the only game that I play which has these stability issues. If this is the answer (which it might be), and the only way to get reliably decent performance from this game is to upgrade a PC that isn't having any difficulty with any other game that I throw at it, then I'll seriously uninstall first. Either way, though, I wouldn't mind getting an answer from GGG on the issue, so that I know whether it's time to head for the exit.
"
Waitubold wrote:
"
Rexeos wrote:

I thought the new engine technology was supposed to improve performance, not degrade it? Not to mention that I already have 16 GB or RAM, and replacing my HDD with a SSD will cost a few hundred CDN dollars - a pretty steep ask for a FTP game, especially since it's the only game that I play which has these stability issues. If this is the answer (which it might be), and the only way to get reliably decent performance from this game is to upgrade a PC that isn't having any difficulty with any other game that I throw at it, then I'll seriously uninstall first. Either way, though, I wouldn't mind getting an answer from GGG on the issue, so that I know whether it's time to head for the exit.

Than SSD will work based on own experience. On one 8gb machine with hdd I am disconnected from time to time, mostly always when entering "cities" or some HO. Than I put from other machine SSD and loading took seconds instead of minute. Here costs cheapest SSD 40$, u add it as secondary disk, but u can make it ur windows + poe dedicated disc and you will fell in love with ur pc within few seconds - that is how long it takes to load windows and poe from ssd.

gl
Last edited by Rexeos on May 24, 2018, 8:52:53 PM
Тоже такая проблема(
same problem here...preety sure its getting worse on incursion league... on singapore realm

lost my temple portal today... NOICEEEE
Same issue.

I've tried reinstalling, then reinstalling to a different ssd, all the different dx options, and numerous video settings.

dx9, no shadows, and turning off reverb in sound has been the most stable. but hasn't fixed the issue fully.
IGN: BoomFirez
IGN Alt: BoomDischarge

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info