[3.3] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

[3.3] Ready. Note:
- Probably going for Vaal ARC. I will not bother with Vaal ARC but it can be used as a situational DPS boost. Cast it first and then summon all your totems otherwise you will be attacking with n-1 totems.

Please read the F.A.Q section or expand other sections to see if your question was already asked and answered. Click on "show" to expand.

WEAPONS COST
In 3.3 Shimmeron is quite pricy because we all play trap/totem. Can we choose a different solutions? Yes:

Moonsorrow/Eclipse Solaris or rare wand with cast speed, spell damage, crit chance, crit multi etc... will work fine.

If you like shield charge/whirling blade use a dagger/scepter + shield or dual wield them this will let you add fortify.

You will eventually want Shimmeron but you can farm Elder until it drops (from my experience it should not be that rare).

POSSIBLE_GEAR
CHEAP
DPS: 120k - 140k (depends on tree) per totem (4)
Capabilities: Elder, Guardians, Shaper
ITEMS:

MEDIUM
DPS: 190k - 225k (depends on tree) per totem (5)
Capabilities: Elder, Guardians, Shaper, Uber Atziri
ITEMS:

EXPENSIVE
DPS: 360k - 420k (depends on tree) per totem (5)
Capabilities: Elder, Guardians, Shaper, Uber Atziri, Uber Elder
ITEMS:

REALLY EXPENSIVE
DPS: 500k - 1M (depends on tree) per totem (5)
Capabilities: Elder, Guardians, Shaper, Uber Atziri, Uber Elder
ITEMS:
groar
"
Completed 36 Challengesgroar wrote:

Coward's Legacy let's you use Pain Attunement in the tree for free 30% MORE dmg, also check Life and Mana Flasks, they are instant on low life which you are always on thanks to the belt, coupled with Soul of Ryslatha that's instant full life every time you use Life flask.
One more profit - you can use Lori's Lantern for some defences/speed. Not sure if it's worth loosing a ring slot but with nice corruption it also gives enough dps to keep it.

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/Em1VVpdi

800k Shaper dps/totem *5 Totems

1mil dps if you swap ele focus to Power Charge on critical and activate shock in config (you can't shock shaper with this dmg but you can shock everything else)

1 more advice: Get self cast Vaal Arc + Increased Duration for that sweet 7 sec Lucky buff.
Yes it will trigger even with Ancestral Bond.
Yes it will also trigger Shimmeron's degen but it won't get through your regen so you won't even notice it.

gigarez
"
Completed 38 Challengesgigarez wrote:
I managed to get my hand on a Atziri's Reflection quite early on and took this build as far as I could. I have to say this build is very enjoyable to start the league with and definitely can be very strong with the right investments. So far I've defeated all contents in the game including Uber Elder. Very respectable clear speed for mapping. Really good Uber Lab carry as well, full party almost effortless.

Here's the gears which I consider should be on the top end of this build:

Why Omeyocan you might ask? This boots gives free onslaught for that sweet 20% increased cast speed and movement speed. The 2% regen enchant is a must to be able to manage the 7% mana degen. Since I already invest in a lot of mana regen I still can keep my mana regen on a good level (~650 mana/s with Arcane Surge, so it's about 450 net mana regen). My mana still regen faster than life and it's the bar I'd like to keep. A rare boots with res and 120 lightning damage or 10% pen enchant is good alternative but they can't beat the extra movement speed and cast speed from onslaught.

Here's a Uber Elder video. I've done it couple of times before and it went much better but this is the only video I recorded. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fifx-_MItwI

F5in
"
Completed 28 ChallengesF5in wrote:
One of the best builds I've done, here's my gear. I changed some things based on my own preference, but it's really good. Just finished chancing my elder based Essence Worm (took about 4ex worth of chance/scours) to match my Mark of the Shaper, next I need +1 gems chest and maybe some corrupted elemental penetration Shimmerons, or maybe chaos spam my helm or get the enchant on a better base.

Spoiler

For elemental reflect, I swap my amulet for
and my ring for
so I can spam totems more with the mana regen.

For no regen maps, I swap my stibnite flask for

HC
"
Completed 36 ChallengesMawwk wrote:
Some people asked to me after doing Red Elders and Shaper services on Hc, so here is:

Heres my build at level 94 and i'm pretty much done with it. So far i'm just missing Uber Elder from my hunt list, his t16 Guardians are down and i'm going to try the fight after getting my 2 last challenges.

First the POB: https://pastebin.com/nZVscEwy.

You are going to see a 176,2k Tooltip there, this is without bullshit checked out, i took out Arcane Surge and Vaal Haste aswell and it has Shaper checked, so, this is most of the time the real dps on the build.

Shaper and t15 Elder are so smooth and easy that its not needed at all to get more damage and i think more would be overkill, you gonna see that i dont even use a Diamond Flask. This is for HC, people on Sc with 3/6x more dps than me.

For Atziri i Swap Arc into Tendrills and thats it. Theres nothing more to do with the build now and i'm pretty happy with the results. Its has an expensive gear that can be better aswell pushing for more Hp and Mana.

Heres my gear:

Btw, Laviagna Spirit its the most op flask you can get for this build.
The Flame dash links are used for Light Warp, but for Shaper and Elder i swap into dash cause its faster.

ACHIEVEMENTS
- Red Elder (T15) DONE;
- Shaper Guardians DONE;
- Uber Atziri DONE;
- Shaper DONE;
- Uber Elder DONE.

PRO/CON
Pro:
- Fast;
- Cheap (without 6L soul mantle or Shimmeron);
- Fun (if you don't dislike totems).

Con:
- 6L soul mantle is expensive;
- Shimmeron are expensive (but farmable);
- Primary defense is movement. We have low evasion and armour.

HIGHLIGHT
- We have MoM (4700hp + 2200 mana).
- We use ARC (500k+ DPS per Totem). Fast clear and comfortable play.
- We have 5 totems.
- We kite around for safety.

PoB
Are you going to play this no more than level 90?
Use this: https://pastebin.com/c0vcRDGR

Are you plannig to play at least until level 94?
Use this: https://pastebin.com/wb8dZcT8

TREE
Are you going to play this no more than level 90?
Use this: www.poeurl.com/bWfn

Are you plannig to play at least until level 94?
Use this: www.poeurl.com/bVOm

LEVELLING
CASTER
30 passives: www.poeurl.com/bR7U
- You will play as a spell caster, with heralds. Use whatever weapons you like (wands, dagger). You can use mana jewel for smoother levelling or skip the jewel node.

60 passive: www.poeurl.com/bWfc
- Still self cast + totems. Use essence worm (wrath) + clear mind when the damage is enough to compete with heralds. Switch to Moonsorrow if you haven't a better weapons.

90 passives: www.poeurl.com/bWfe
- Full totems (4 with tabula rasa or 5 with soul mantle). Ascendancy "Conviction of Power" is a huge QoL, switch to Shimmerons when you pick this passive. Pick MoM when you feel your life isn't enough (respect 3 passives to pick also the mana behind MoM).

FAST TOTEM
"
Completed 27 Challengeskoros wrote:
I prefer leveling with Arc + Arc totem until getting Ancestral Bond -> then fill all reachable totem nodes -> not picking power charges until after Mer-lab (no way to gain charges before that, anyway) -> fill life/mana nodes then go for spell crit/crit-multi nodes in Templar/Witch areas -> only go for last Power charge on Shadow side once I have access to x2 Shimmeron.

For gearing, I thing this build is pretty flexible:
all rares until Blood Aqueduct -> farm tabula rasa (card drop + buy cards with currency - should take 2hours if lucky) -> finish main quests -> start mapping -> all rares + tabula rasa should be enough for self-farming Shimmeron (assuming can farm 1x Shimmeron and have currency to buy another one by the time you loot 1) -> play safe to reach lvl90 -> tree finished here -> get better gears -> try to spawn Uber Elders and kill them.
About Uber Lab, it really depends on how good the single target damage of Arc is without Shimmerons, if it is not good enough, I prefer doing it after getting Shimmerons, last 2 points are not really needed as long as I play it safe while mapping
Just my idea, hope it helps

LEVELLING_GEAR
4L

5L

MAP

MY_GEAR

JEWELS

+ rare (life, cast speed, multi/damage)

my rare jewels in 3.2:

ENCHANTMENT
Helm: Arc chain. It's not mandatory but usefull.

Gloves: No enchant or no damage enchant. Otherwise you could crit with it and degen from Shimmerons.

Boots (Uber Lab):
1) 10% Damage penetration. The best vs bosses.
2) 1-160 lightning damage. Very close to "penetration" DPS and better for general mapping.
3) 120% crit chance.

GEMS
w/ Soul Mantle:
6L: Arc + elemental focus + light penetration + controlled destruction + added lightning + faster casting

w/o Soul Mantle:
6L: Spell totem + Arc + light penetration + controlled destruction + added lightning + faster casting

1L: Wrath (inside Essence Worm)

3L: stone golem + minion life + minion ele resistance

flame dash + faster casting + culling strike
(or vaal haste + vaal lightning trap + increased duration)

4L: CWDT (6) + immortal call (8) + increased duration + enfeeble (9)

CWDT (1) + phase run (3) + increased duration + vaal haste
(or lightning warp + faster casting + less duration + swift affliction)

conductivity/enfeeble + increased duration + arcane surge + spell cascade/increased area

BANDIT
Help Alira

PHANTEON
This is totally personal. My choices:
Major: Brine King
Minor: Gruthkul

Other choices:
- Ralakesh
- Shakari

ASCENDACY
Pursuit of Faith
Ritual of Awakening
Conviction of Power
Divine Guidance

F.A.Q.
- What are the differences between GC and ARC totem?
GC is best for bosses and has a good clear speed.
ARC is best for clear and good for bosses.

- What about 2x Kikazaru + Self-Flagellation jewel?
This combination add DPS but lose a lot of EHP. The curse will still apply at 20% of effectiveness. Worth it? Not for me.

- What about curse from Soul Mantle?
Diamond flask of Warding (remove curse + immune to curse) is enough to negate curses from Soul Mantle. It will be up 99% of the time if used with "Ample" or "Chemist's" prefix.

- When the "400 lightning damage from Shimmeron" apply?
Shimmeron text: "400 Lightning Damage taken per second per Power Charge if YOU have dealt a Critical Strike Recently"

Totem are different entities from you. Shimmeron will not apply any damage to you nor to them because you are not dealing any critical hit.

The damage from shimmeron will occur to you, if you deal a critical hit to an enemy, for example using a movement skill (flame dash or laghtning warp).

- How much does this differ from Mathil's Arc Totem build/guide?
ITEMS:
- Mathil use a rare chest that gives him life, resist and some DPS.
- I use Soul Mantle that give serious DPS and some minor QoL.
TREE:
- Mathil went for Scion life wheel and Totemic Mastery resulting in more life and QoL.
- I skipped those nodes because inefficient (I'm not saying they are bad, just inefficient) resulting in less life and more offensive tree.

TL:TR
Defensive option: Mathil items + Mathil tree.
Offensive option: Soul Mantle + my tree.
Middle way: Soul Mantle + Mathil tree (my tree with Mathil's items would still be middle way but weaker).

- Why Elemental Focus
Normally shock would be better but high life pool bosses will not be shocked. In the latter case Elemental Focus is the best. During mapping your damage will be more than enough anyway.

Use EF because the DPS is enough during mapping and is the best support gem for high life pool bosses.

- Why Elemental Focus is the 6th gem?
Because it help just vs hard bosses and you will eventually have a 6L by then. If you got 5L or a non-Soul Mantle 6L drop it to have possibility to shock.

- Levelling questions:
Don't bother for the best setup during levelling. Use whatever items the game drop. Use whatever gems with spell totem. The DPS will stil be enough anyway.
Follow Koros line during levelling. With 2/3 totems you will be rolling contents.

- Vaal ARC:
Still testing but at the moment feel "mhe". We cast the totem that fire 1 hit (really strong) and give shock + power up to others ARC totems. The problem is that we are now attacking with "n-1" totems and to have all totems up we have to resummon them all.

Still testing but not sure if I will use it instead of a 21 ARC.

- Shimmerons is expensive:
Totally true. Will I pay for it? NO.
In 3.2 the DPS of each totem was ~150k. In 3.3, with the same items, is ~500k.
Is Shimmeron the best DPS item? YES.
Will I need it for clear all content? No. We can use dagger + shield or dual dagger/dual wand. The DPS will much lower but still more than 3.2 Shimmeron setup.

- Why Faster Casting in the 5L setup or 6L non Soul Mantle setup instead of EF?
"
Completed 27 Challengeskoros wrote:
Smoother gameplay, faster pack-clear, you cast totem faster, totems cast faster - your totems 1-hit each target in pack anyway, so you want all the actions above happen as fast as possible to move to next pack,

- Is this Koros's build?
It could have been. Thank you for your help and follow up to questions :)
(my thanks extend also to the other players that help me answering)

VIDEO
Not my video. Thank you Valmar:
"
Completed 37 ChallengesValmar wrote:

CHANGELOGS
16 July:
- "MY_GEAR" section is now my final items for 3.3

06 July:
- Added HC version to "Possible_Gear" section

29 June:
- Added video section. Thank you Valmar

25 June:
- Polished here and there (nothing special)
- Added various versions of the build (from cheap to really expensive)

23 June:
- Updated 3.3 gear. First Shimmeron acquired (dropped by my 3rd Elder run)

21 June:
- Updated 3.3 gear. Soul Mantle linked!

18 June:
- Updated 3.3 gear (not final). Tabula Rasa + balanced resists + fixed gem links and quality

13 June:
- Added 3.3 gear (not final)

06 June:
- Updated levelling items. Started mapping

05 June:
- Added more F.A.Q.
- Added my 3.2 rare jewels

04 June:
- Added F.A.Q.
- Added my levelling items

31 May:
- Tree adjusted for 3.3
- Removed LT alternative. ARC is good enough for all bosses

13 April:
- added additional choices to gems section (travel skill, stronger arcane surge, vaal lightning trap)
- added enchantment section
- corrected the enchantment on boots in PoB

Last edited by Gegemo on Jul 16, 2018 8:22:41 AM
Last bumped on Aug 13, 2018 9:13:56 AM
After i read your Build, i switch from dark pact to arc totem. I like it.
Thx for sharing.
"
Completed 12 ChallengesxXThaiXx wrote:
After i read your Build, i switch from dark pact to arc totem. I like it.
Thx for sharing.

Thank you. I thought no one will ever comment :)
Why do you go for so much crit chance and then use Controlled Destruction?
Doesn't Shimmeron hurt you too much when criting?

Trying out the build now and I fell in love with totems..
"
Completed 11 ChallengesSirLovi wrote:

Totems do not trigger Shimmeron damage on you as far as I know.
"

Since the crit chance loss from controlled destruction doesn't apply to the base chance the net loss is actually really small, with diamond flask up it can mean dropping from like 90% effective crit down to like 83%, with 5 totems all rolling their own chance to crit, it's really not noticeable.

As for Shimmeron, totem builds take no damage from them since it's the totems themselves critting, not you, and they don't take the damage since it's you wielding it not them.
"
Completed 17 ChallengesCarrmatt93 wrote:
"

Since the crit chance loss from controlled destruction doesn't apply to the base chance the net loss is actually really small, with diamond flask up it can mean dropping from like 90% effective crit down to like 83%, with 5 totems all rolling their own chance to crit, it's really not noticeable.

As for Shimmeron, totem builds take no damage from them since it's the totems themselves critting, not you, and they don't take the damage since it's you wielding it not them.

to add, if you use molten shell or lighting warp it can damage you, but nothing a flask cant manage
That's all correct.
In case of extreme danger you can switch weapons to immediately stop the damage from shimmerons.
Leveling section with 30, 60, 90 point trees and wands prior to end-game would be cool.
All that and a bag of chips!
Looking into my first totem build ever and Arc totem seems nice. Would also appreciate a brief leveling guide if possible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info