Real talk is HC gonna die out eventually?

No one runs public groups because of PKing. Even on SC public map groups scam people out of maps during rotations. If you want people to play with find a guild.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
I guess i'll give it a try, i'm not sure i'd even recognize the game anymore anyway xD

Back in time only a few acts were available and most today mechanics are unknown to me (i played in 2012-2013).

Honestly HC was quite crappy back in time, as it was so unbalanced one-shot got totally ridiculous (like, even if you knew what to do, it was un-avoidable anyway and pure luck). I would say that today it cannot be really worse :) I don't remember having desyncs or such, or it got out of my mind. Mostly blatant unbalanced game - which was to some point normal in alpha / beta stages :)

LOL @ global & trade chat.

Why the fuck would you even want to use that shit in any league. #ROFLMAO
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
codetaku wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
That being said the game has become increasingly unfriendly for HC in my eyes

Oh how easily we forget the days of desync.

why does everyone think that i started playing yesterday :p I don't forget desync I still barely use movement skills because its so ingrained in me that they get you killed i vastly prefer phasing + high movespeed lol.

My point is that the game isn't even close to as "unfriendly for HC" as it was when desync was still a thing. Not a single thing in the game today is as unfair as desync.
"
DarkyPupu wrote:
I guess i'll give it a try, i'm not sure i'd even recognize the game anymore anyway xD

Back in time only a few acts were available and most today mechanics are unknown to me (i played in 2012-2013).

Honestly HC was quite crappy back in time, as it was so unbalanced one-shot got totally ridiculous (like, even if you knew what to do, it was un-avoidable anyway and pure luck). I would say that today it cannot be really worse :) I don't remember having desyncs or such, or it got out of my mind. Mostly blatant unbalanced game - which was to some point normal in alpha / beta stages :)

wb!

i rarely play hc. and as arrowneous mentioned, poe has becoming a game that sometimes outright (intentionally) kills you.

but if less people play it, maybe it's the right time to start there. the main story has alot more to offer than endgame anyway.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Mar 21, 2018, 2:37:56 PM
"
DarkyPupu wrote:

Playing through the 10 acts on HC is quite fun nowadays, never had an un-avoidable death during the story that wasn't my own fault (preparation), yet.
"
codetaku wrote:

My point is that the game isn't even close to as "unfriendly for HC" as it was when desync was still a thing. Not a single thing in the game today is as unfair as desync.

I'd disagree, if you were stun immune and didn't use movement skills desync really didn't happen like i'm sure it was terrible for some people but alot of us played around it, same story for reflect/thorns etc.

This is probably just one of those things that players don't see eye to eye on though, I never had a problem with reflect champs or rares it was just part of the game you had to handle. I do however understand why they changed it and why people would think it was a good idea to change it.

Volatiles is probably the #1 improvement for survivability of melee at least that they fixed since the old days.

Its pretty hard to play round 3 invisible untargetable abyss rares with straight phys auras critting you for 10k short of playing a Jugg :p
"
vio wrote:
"
DarkyPupu wrote:

wb!

i rarely play hc. and as arrowneous mentioned, poe has becoming a game that sometimes outright (intentionally) kills you.

but if less people play it, maybe it's the right time to start there. the main story has alot more to offer than endgame anyway.

GGG no longer actively promotes it. You are an alpha member, you remember the days of HC getting better league mechanics, and your HC character going to SC league when they died. This gave far more people an interest in actually starting HC every league. It didnt cost players anything to at least attempt HC with their league character.

But of course, SC people complained about them eating up ladder spots, adding to the economy, etc. and it was true back in the day. There were better players in HC. It was nothing to see a top HC guy die and immediately be at the top of the SC ladder. Thats just not the case nowadays. I wouldn't mind seeing it go back to that system so that more people would feel compelled to at least try HC.
"
Destructodave wrote:

But of course, SC people complained about them eating up ladder spots, adding to the economy, etc. and it was true back in the day. There were better players in HC. It was nothing to see a top HC guy die and immediately be at the top of the SC ladder. Thats just not the case nowadays. I wouldn't mind seeing it go back to that system so that more people would feel compelled to at least try HC.

my personal take when it comes to less players on hardcore: the game got much more interesting gameplay at endgame than back in the days without atlas of world.

there is so much there more to enjoy now and not all hc players are professionals who reliably get to that endgame.

additionally, levelling to maps "feels" longer now that you don't repeat the same content. which is a rather good thing imho.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
So far so good, not a single disconnect or even lag, and it's not really i was anywhere close to die anyway, they REALLY tuned down the difficulty (in normal progress through the acts, at least). I'm just watching YT while playing most of time, couldn't do that before XD

[small out topic]
There is something which bugs me a bit more, i loved the game for the ambiance / looks / feel back in time and now everytime i come in town it's like a circus with all those skins that everyone wears out of context. I mean, it's ok to look über powerful when you're endgame (and deserved it :p )but now you're in early game and it looks like low level characters are lvl 800+, it totally puts me out of the game. There should be a minimum lvl for some skins :D

... not to mention that from a personal point of view, lots of skins don't just look out of context but plain ugly ^^;

I wish there would be an option to turn off custom skins (no chances as it's obviously main revenue of PoE...)
[/small out topic]

"
vio wrote:

there is so much there more to enjoy now and not all hc players are professionals who reliably get to that endgame.

I second that. TBH HC in late-endgame is not where i would judge HC play. If HC is good in "normal" game, it's already neat.

"
Destructodave wrote:

You are an alpha member, you remember the days of HC getting better league mechanics, and your HC character going to SC league when they died. This gave far more people an interest in actually starting HC every league. It didnt cost players anything to at least attempt HC with their league character.

I don't know. When i die in HC i delete my char and i prefer by far the "Diablo" way to perma-kill your char and leave it in roster, than the PoE way to softcorize it. It feels it adds insult to injury xD
Last edited by DarkyPupu on Mar 23, 2018, 6:56:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info