Real talk is HC gonna die out eventually?

I only play HC since the first day of the Open Beta but recently it seems prices of item in HC are more expensive than SC.

Now I finally had a reason to move to SC.
Last edited by TrichocereusSP on Mar 20, 2018, 5:28:09 AM
Dying allowed feels so wrong, how can you enjoy a game you cant lose. sry bad english
It won't die. There are plenty of us that only enjoy playing the game with the risk of death.
#completelyofftopic

A really fresh ban sighted on the first page!
I found the community in hc to be toxic elitists. No desire to deal with them.
"
quicksixteen wrote:

in scrubcore it's alot worse.
"
quicksixteen wrote:

Sadly that is the community in every game :/
My guess about the desert HC league is more or less that GGG stopped the promotional around it years ago giving absolutely no reasons for new players to give it a try comparing to first wave players that were coming here to eventualy find some hard content in a game.

Firt PoE players wave seemed to be way more happy with HC content than it is now, due to separate league content mostly they had something to brag about ( not saying it in negative way, actualy it's a good thing and what's make games healthy, it's also community driving and generate some hype and you all know hype is kinda what drive this game league after league or any other games at all ).
If tommorow GGG add a separate challenge list be sure this league will be filled in an hour.

Another possible reason is the game became really really reallly larger and harder to get started with for any players, i mean i'm bringing new players at each leagues and it's always the same scheme days are still 24h except learning curve is way bigger than it was in early ages of this game ( not talking about ingame difficulty ), you have 15 league / expansion content to handle. This is really discouraging for them so they rather prefer to stay in SC first and will eventualy try HC "one day", you may not realize it but 90% of players stuck a lot to access maps even in SC, a lot of them discover there is trading in POE after few characters etc ...
When i started PoE it took me like 4 hours to read documentations about it and specifics about game content then 1 min here and here on wiki when it was needed.

There are a lot more hypothesis like technical issues wich are affecting all players, there were period with incredibly boring ones ( hey awakening release remember me, your friend that lost 10 maps at day two due to a map bug solved three months later ).
Obviously some players left because of that there were some peak of issues as in any video games, except PoE is asking a lot of playtime when it come to progression - I can understand that you end pissed off when you get a random DC ( or anything else ) and reconnect with your character dead and 300 hours playtime lost.

I won't retain the argue of "nerf hammer", it doesn't impact much new players;

In my case i left HC for no specific reasons a while back, mostly bored by a set of things that came with the game at a x period that never gave me back to joy to go in HC, still running a character in sometimes, but i leave after few days;
I always expected that one day HC league turn into an Hardmode instead but i don't think it would catch much player attention either.

Trading is another issue that directly impact HC league but i think GGG already noticed it ... Would be too long to explain here it would require a new topic.

Something changed, when i heard about the game it was more or less "wow you must try this shit it's hard" and now when players talk about to their friend it's more like "I found an ARPG a bit harder than Diablo 3".

Is HC going to die ? No. Will it be popular again ? I don't think it's possible basing my opinion on recent ( and bit older ) design decision from GGG. But hey let's be positive, Chris is used to impress us when he take few weeks holidays :) Maybe HC will be back next time he has the opportunity to take some.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Mar 20, 2018, 11:58:58 AM
True hc players play for the sake of hardcore aspect, not for the sake of community. When playing in group, especially with a support the game is like 10x easier, at this point it doesn't even matter if you playing hc or sc so might as well go play sc coz who cares
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
True hc players play for the sake of hardcore aspect, not for the sake of community. When playing in group, especially with a support the game is like 10x easier, at this point it doesn't even matter if you playing hc or sc so might as well go play sc coz who cares

There arn't false HC players what did i just read :^)

Aslong as you are playing in this league wich is a component of a video game coming with a set of rules you are an HC player no matter if you are alone or in group. This is beeing realistic over delirious.
There are some players able to reach incredibly hard goals in this game are they more hardcore than any other players present in this league ? No. Talented or experienced or whatever ? yes of course :)

Tought this HC e-peen thing was dead since 2014 x)
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Mar 20, 2018, 9:19:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info