Real talk is HC gonna die out eventually?

Been playing HC since 2012-2017 then i moved to SC for few leagues due to fps issues but i got borred so i moved back to HC but now comparing how many people play BSC and BHC is immense the chat global 1 barely moves so does 820 and there is almost no party groups at all while in BSC global 1 was full of people so was 820 and there was like 20-30 party groups so im wondering if HC version will eventually die out or its just that BHC is just unpopular as fuck?
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2018, 7:19:52 AM
HC doesn't have as many parties as running groups with randoms is inherently dangerous, its ok to farm or with an aura bot etc but i wouldn't party generally.

That being said the game has become increasingly unfriendly for HC in my eyes, though some of the beast uniques confer very strong defensive bonuses and i'm hoping will be available in some form in the future.

I swapped to SC for this league as i play with a friend who struggles to stay alive until 90 so thought we'd give SC a go, its fun and currency is far easier to generate but personally i've lost measure for when a character was really good as you can make anything work on SC :/
The LAB was the first nail in HC's coffin. Only went down from there.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

That being said the game has become increasingly unfriendly for HC in my eyes,

It hasnt. Poe is hc friendlier than ever. Shotgunning removed. Shockstacks removed. Power creep. Reflect nerfed multiple times. Map boss damage far more predictable than it used to be. There where low tier map bosses that did insane amounts of damage compared to other maps of the same tier. Most important thing porbably, introduction of lockstep. Getting ported back into a crowed of mobs in another room was really fun in hc. Who knows what else. Alot has changed, and rarely has anything made the act progression harder.

On topic:
I noticed many people leaving Hc. Was in a guild and we all used to play hc together every league. 2 leagues ago i logged on first day of the league and saw everyone was sc. Gquit.
It wont die out but it seems it gets less popular as time passes from my own experience.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
Game is only here for a VERY few people to actually enjoy. Save your time, leave. GGG got their money. Fuck everyone else it seems. About out myself after 5+ years and tons of WASTED money supporting these assholes.
"
99Pitbull99 wrote:
Game is only here for a VERY few people to actually enjoy. Save your time, leave. GGG got their money. Fuck everyone else it seems. About out myself after 5+ years and tons of WASTED money supporting these assholes.

You are negative as hell.
Not one of your posts contributed anything but bits of rage you hold inside.
"
"
99Pitbull99 wrote:

You are negative as hell.
Not one of your posts contributed anything but bits of rage you hold inside.

Go get informed. Chris Wilson himself says this all the time.....called truth.
Shocking news: HC is already dead. One can argue it isn't because of some people playing here and there, but it's actually about muscle spasms and involuntary movements of an already dead body.

Game's cluttered with so many multipliers, various and unpredictable interactions between certain properties and features, unbalanced events, poor balance in general, and so on, that playing HC has turned into a pointless activity and loss of time long ago.

To have a proper/fair HC experience means that game should be balanced around it. And it ain't gonna happen. HC and its player base just doesn't bring enough food on the table.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Mar 19, 2018, 5:01:28 PM
"
torturo wrote:
Shocking news: HC is already dead. One can argue it isn't because of some people playing here and there, but it's actually about muscle spasms and involuntary movements of an already dead body.

Game's cluttered with so many multipliers, various and unpredictable interactions between certain properties and features, unbalanced events, poor balance in general, and so on, that playing HC has turned into a pointless activity and loss of time long ago.

To have a proper/fair HC experience means that game should be balanced around it. And it ain't gonna happen. HC and its player base just doesn't bring enough food on the table.

*They don't care now. They used to. Not now, now its all about padding their bank accounts. Pretty obvious.
Dunno where you're getting the idea that it's different than before.
I never really saw public groups in the hardcore leagues and bhc is quite active.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info