Playing PoE without buying is impossible these days

Be a decent company? I know.

GGG prided themselves on being a quality free-to-play game with a respectable business model. Fast-fordward a few years and there are tabs required to handle the influx of items. They even joined the loot box party.
"

GGG prided themselves on being a quality free-to-play game with a respectable business model. Fast-fordward a few years and there are tabs required to handle the influx of items. They even joined the loot box party.

decent company is one that maximizes profits

they are doing just that, would be fool hardy not to
I dont see any any key!
I didn't spend anything and still have fun after many years :)
"
k1rage wrote:
"

Like those pharmaceutical companies that maximize profits? You're logic isn't working.

They are making a game where stash space is 100% needed to have an enjoyable experience past Act 10. Full stop. They are charging you for that. It's shady, greedy, and is getting more exposure off-GGG reddit and site for being p2w madness they tried so hard not to be.
"
"
k1rage wrote:
"

Like those pharmaceutical companies that maximize profits? You're logic isn't working.

They are making a game where stash space is 100% needed to have an enjoyable experience past Act 10. Full stop. They are charging you for that. It's shady, greedy, and is getting more exposure off-GGG reddit and site for being p2w madness they tried so hard not to be.

cant compare GGG to drug compaies

people need those drugs to live, no one needs to play PoE or any game at all for that matter

also poe is ever so not P2W

I have paid much and won nothing at all
I dont see any any key!
Last edited by k1rage on Mar 19, 2018, 5:29:57 PM
Every time I read something with "these days" in it, I read with Mathil´s voice in my head.
"
k1rage wrote:
"

They are making a game where stash space is 100% needed to have an enjoyable experience past Act 10. Full stop. They are charging you for that. It's shady, greedy, and is getting more exposure off-GGG reddit and site for being p2w madness they tried so hard not to be.[/quote]

cant compare GGG to drug compaies

people need those drugs to live, no one needs to play PoE or any game at all for that matter

also poe is ever so not P2W

I have paid much and won nothing at all [/quote]

You can when you said decent companies maximize profits.

PoE is pay-to-win. Not enough space for maps? Toss them out. Oh shit, elder is up? Just tossed out those low level maps.

No more room for currency? Toss out alterations, chromatics, etc because you don't have a bot or premium tab to sell stuff.

Plenty of more scenarios like that cause you're not winning, you're just having a much better and easier experience than those who do not pay. To say that isn't free-to-win is to not see or care what the default experience is like for many. Oh well, sit atop your Ivory Supporter Tower and tell us with very little on how we should feel.
Last edited by Sketchbag11111 on Mar 19, 2018, 5:35:17 PM
you do realize mules are a thing right?

the only time extra space is P2W is during races where muleing is to slow

so in races PoE is a little P2W ill have to give you that one
I dont see any any key!
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:

Some of you guys, act like its the SoE Starwars Combat Upgrade. I was there for that. When your game dynamic completely changes to attempt to be another game and does it poorly, then I'd feel your anger justified.

Off topic question:

Spoiler
I only played Star Wars Galaxies after the combat upgrade. What was it like before that? What was so different about it?

On topic:
I only have 4 tabs. It is very much not enjoyable. For those who suggest using another free account for muling: I have. I have made 3 accounts so far. I have not attempted to transfer items from one account to another since there is no in-game mail system... but this will only be a problem if I find something valuable worth transferring. I've been playing since open beta and I still have not found anything worth moving around.

I believe POE is not pay-to-win, but more of a pay-to-play. I would probably feel differently if I tried to trade.

"
k1rage wrote:
you do realize mules are a thing right?

the only time extra space is P2W is during races where muleing is to slow

so in races PoE is a little P2W ill have to give you that one

You shouldn't have to create multiple characters to mule away items. Is this Diablo 2?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info