Playing PoE without buying is impossible these days

MaStErRaCe4TaBsBTW representing !

You can totally play PoE on the 4 basic tabs. I've been doing it since I started playing.

You just have to give up all the qol extra tabs bring. Sure you can make mule accounts, fill your character roster with mules and whatnot but in the end it all comes down to how much shit you want to keep.

I keep 1 tab for currency/div cards; 1 for recipe stuff; 1 for maps and 1 mix for uniques that can be insta sold in trade chat. I have not maintained a shop for 3 leagues now and managed to merge to std after each league with anything from 30 to 100 ex pure.

Sure converting currency is tedious; vendoring stuff you might want to keep for a different build can be a pain but in the end the only thing that keeps you back is you.

Most players have a hoarder mentality. That's why you see so many "gib tab delet button ggg" after each league. Plus same players hoard tabs of 3 life 12 lightning resistance 1 int 1 mana rings expecting people to pay 5c for that pos and then not even have the dignity to vendor it in the last day of the league.

Yes ggg is adding up stuff each league that crowds up the 4 basic tabs. It's up to you to determine if that stuff is worth picking up. Nobody's forcing you.

Say ggg gave in and added 1 extra tab. Next complaint would be that there's only 6 portals to each map and you don't get to loot every single rare out of it.

4 tabs works. Its tedious. You won't progress ass fast as the people who have dumpt tabs since you have to vendor shit after every map.

But they in no way gate your progress through content. Only you do.
"

What does my age have to do with any of the criticisms I have put forth? Nothing. Discuss better.

The criticism is at this game, not those. Do better.

Diablo 2 is another game. Do better. Don't emulate shit problems from there.

Exactly my point - Diablo 2 is the essentially this game's predecessor, unless you put that on the Original Diablo.

The sheer fact that you don't realize the trade interface and inventory is basically the same one from D2 says alot when you claim they don't apply.

You're essentially just whining because you want more free stuff. I get wanting more free stuff.

The company has to stay in business - they don't force players to pull out their wallets, and you can run mule accounts if you really can't afford to drop anything to support the game you're playing. But for those of us who have had to run mule accounts because we didn't have a choice to buy stash space, we appreciate that and the fact that we don't have to pay an intial fee for the game itself.

As for the SWG exodus - the game was a lot better. Wasn't the most popular, and plenty of stuff didn't even feel starwars related, but I still got a kick out of soloing Ancient Krayt Dragons by myself since it made you feel like your character was actually crazy powerful and not some random citizen in the universe. Smedley I think it was felt that they could monetize it better by mimicking Starwars and instead alienated the majority of the player base and has since become a pivotal lesson for any company attempting to get into the MMO market.

Incidentally the MMO I left more recently was a newer Starwars based game, where they also ignored the playerbase and just kept recycling old content.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
Hallsttattian wrote:

Sure converting currency is tedious; vendoring stuff you might want to keep for a different build can be a pain but in the end the only thing that keeps you back is you.

Most players have a hoarder mentality. That's why you see so many "gib tab delet button ggg" after each league. Plus same players hoard tabs of 3 life 12 lightning resistance 1 int 1 mana rings expecting people to pay 5c for that pos and then not even have the dignity to vendor it in the last day of the league.

Part of why I'm still so focused in beastiary is because I really don't want to sort through leftovers from Abyss. Granted, my beastiary main is higher than my abyss main now, but that was my first time playing the game.

A lot of us do end up hoarding stuff because its hard to get away from that sense you might use it later or get something for it.

Every time I bought tabs, I thought to myself how I could just dump a bunch of stuff that was hardly moving and wasn't gonna get used - and then I bought tabs anyway to avoid trashing junk.

Even now in beastiary i'm running out of space - but most of it is vendor trash I don't want to junk because I bothered picking it up in the first place (in the early days of the league).
Yep, totally over league play.
I played till Awakening addon with only 4 tabs.
It's possible to play efficient with only 4 default tabs if you focus on the important things and don't pickup every useless item.
1 tab fo currency, 2 for maps, 1 for miscellaneous.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Ifeel what you mean and yep you will get roasted here if you show some critisism (not my native language), same as you say its paytowin because you get spammed with rmt.
Still the mule concept is a solution and bring your mules first to lvl 7 @ Hillock perhaps your lucky and find the Oni.
i chickenout sometimes, i use altF4 sometimes, i play Templar, i TrollU, i love this game.
If you can bring other players who pay for the game and can prove that in an efficient manner, you will be able to make an "agreement" with GGG, GGG will never gives you in-game advantages nor currencies, but there is a good chance you'll get what you want.

GGG is offering you a free service, so you also can offer them free services.
"
superbomb1967 wrote:

I don't know when or why the term "cancer" became the go to term for "bad", but it's a horrible use and belittles the actual disease and the people who have suffered from it.

I agree wholeheartedly.
Skip reading any post using this or similar terms immediately nowadays.

Edit: When in maps you already beat the endboss of the story mode for free.
If you play for hundreds of hours after that and can't afford 20$, maybe think about all the money you saved by not buying other games in the meantime :)

Someone leveled to 100 last year with 4 default tabs to prove it's possible btw.
Last edited by Antaiseito on Mar 20, 2018, 6:44:57 AM
If POE is pay2whatever how come people have reached 100 (in SSFHC btw) with just the 4 default tabs? Just git gud.
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
"
Each patch they add new currency. The default number of tabs doesn't hold all the maps, currency, cards, shards, etc. It makes actually doing maps or playing after act 10 super difficult. If you try to get tabs they cost over $40 to just handle all the items thrown at you. Game is slowly pricing out individuals and GGG isn't doing anything about it. Map tab is on sale for 120 points? Gotta spend $20 for 200. :/

Wtf are you on about? An extra stash tab costs about 2-3 usd when it's on sale.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
I like the game, I see no problem to support it buy buying few extra stash tabs.
Bought all special tabs, two premium stash bundles and upgraded 4 existing ones to premium.
Next purchase of tabs will be when the next special one comes out (prophecy tab? Uniques tab? )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info