[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

"
MistahBread88 wrote:
Hoping someone can help me with a question - am I reading this right in that Herald of Thunder shouldn't be activated? It should just be left to trigger from curse on hit? I missed that comment originally and have been running all three heralds actively through the acts...is there any reason NOT to have it active, other than freeing up mana for MOM?

At the moment my survivability seems OK (just starting mapping) so don't feel like there's any need to leave it to Curse On Hit. Character should be public if that's required!

Thanks.

yes, all 3 heralds should be active all the time...
I'm stuck on where to upgrade... would love some advice on it. I'm mostly just farming T16s, but still die a bit much etc.

Ty in advance.

edit - Budget is 20ex give or take as well.
Last edited by Brunnor on Sep 7, 2018, 3:34:15 PM
I've happened to find the Izaro's Turmoil jewel. I guess this is a good jewel for the build having the increase in fire and cold damage.. or doesnt it work like that with this build..

Any recommendations for upgrades? Also would watcher's eye be a good idea and if so which one?
"
Brunnor wrote:
I'm stuck on where to upgrade... would love some advice on it. I'm mostly just farming T16s, but still die a bit much etc.

Ty in advance.

Rings and dagger, those are your upgrades
"
marc004 wrote:
How can I modify this build to be better in delves? Build is all fine in regular content, but when I leave the track to explore the darkness I get destroyed - not by the darkness debuff but by the monsters damage. Since enemies in the darkness are immune to damage I cannot leech life and they also won't die instantly resulting in me taking tons of damage.

I don't think there's any way to make this build great in darkness. It doesn't regen when not hitting and it's defense comes from killing fast and freezing. Works well on the cart path, but for farming fossils I'd go with a different build.
"
microbone wrote:
"
XanTheInsane wrote:
Since I don't have Inpulsa yet I'm following this build guide but I added a single socket Herald of Purity for some extra damage.

It works pretty well and the summoned mobs are useful as "meatshields" and distractions for enemies.

Will probably turn it off so that I can get more survivability off of Mind over Matter.

Yeah doing excactly the same - Purity is really nice :)

Yeah, been using purity for a while now, but I am starting to get into red maps soon, and I am noticing the lack of MoM. And really, the 6% dps purity adds seems to no longer be worth it, I will rather use that slot with an enlighten on some of the heralds for better MoM.

That said, purity was really nice while leveling, but now that I got all my ascendancy trials over and done with I don't need it anymore for defense, I just need raw HP, and to chill and kill.

I do have a 6L (a shit corrupted rare, wiht right sockets and some resistance), but I am unsure if inpulsa is the best for delving. I might give carcass jack a shot and rely more on herald of ice for extra clear in maps.
"
Malrockk wrote:
"
marc004 wrote:
How can I modify this build to be better in delves? Build is all fine in regular content, but when I leave the track to explore the darkness I get destroyed - not by the darkness debuff but by the monsters damage. Since enemies in the darkness are immune to damage I cannot leech life and they also won't die instantly resulting in me taking tons of damage.

I don't think there's any way to make this build great in darkness. It doesn't regen when not hitting and it's defense comes from killing fast and freezing. Works well on the cart path, but for farming fossils I'd go with a different build.

One can certainly make BV great in darkness, but not this build in particular. Great for moving the cart along fast though, and getting deep. And farming fast for sulphite.

Might be worth to pick up a second darkness specific character eventually. Or a scion with slayer overleech using BV. Edit, overleech might not work in darkness...
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Sep 7, 2018, 5:24:14 PM
"
"
Brunnor wrote:

Ty in advance.

Dagger is just crafted I assume, spent 4ex so far trying to craft with no luck. Rings, should I do the mark of the shaper and elder ring with warlords thing?
"
Brunnor wrote:
"
"
Brunnor wrote:

Ty in advance.

Dagger is just crafted I assume, spent 4ex so far trying to craft with no luck. Rings, should I do the mark of the shaper and elder ring with warlords thing?

I found the Warlords mark setup to be mandatory. I have no clue how you got that far without at least testing a shitty version of the Warlords mark ring. Relying on taking a hit on a boss for leech is baaaaad. Just buy a 75ilv+ Elder ring and chaos spam it a couple of times if you don't feel like sinking 40-1ex on a okay-ish one. (IF you are feeling lucky.) And also, go for spell crit, not maximum extra conversion.
Last edited by azuz22 on Sep 7, 2018, 6:11:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info