Mathil's Analysis on current status of this league.

"
Romulas19 wrote:
I just think GGG rushed this league out, they need to quiet rushing new leagues and content and focus on all the problems with the current game and servers. How about not having a league after this and have them work on issues at hand for a 3 month period.

This has been suggested several times and Chris replied to it, basically saying they need to crank out new stuff because overhauling old stuff wont pay the bills.

Might be correct, might not be correct.
Impossible to tell from a players perspective.

What I would love to see, would be a separate supporter pack dedicated towards overhauling old stuff.
Make it like a Kickstarter campaign or something like that.
Like: "We´ll make an overhaul only league, if we can raise X money. So if you want to support this, buy our brandnew "Fix old stuff" supporter packs."
They would come in different tiers as always, but there wouldnt be any special content in the supporter pack. No mtxs and such - just Wraeclast shopping mall points equivalent to the amount of money you spent.

And then lets see what the supporters wallets want
Last edited by Orbaal on Mar 19, 2018, 11:09:58 AM
The next league could easily be a "Leaguestone league" and people would still play it (and buy supporter packs), while GGG takes some time to polish, balance & fix the core game. It could be a two month league, with maybe some racing before and after.

It seems to me that they are falling more and more behind their own tight schedule, polising and fixing the current league well into its first month, while at the same time preparing a new one, wich will inevitably be released buggy and untested, because the current one is eating up dev time.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
its almost as if GGG dont want us to play their game.

just to put things into context: i am on vacation right now so i spent a lot of time playing. "accidentaly" hit lvl93 even. that comes from running yellow 100+ IQ bloodlines maps.
and i still cant get a firm foothold in tier12+ maps.

its just f*cking stupid: i know my character can take on red elder or shaper, whatever. but here i am, forced to mindlesslly run tier10s so i can sustain. whats the f*cking point in that, let alone fun?

why the hell would you not lets us unlock the atlas, the backbone of this game?
i am not asking for a vinctars or a chayula-breach or any of that actual endgame-stuff.

i just want to play the game but it wont let me.

and also, that thing about unlocking adjacent maps, i am not feeling it. a f*cking white elder was blocked for days because i just couldnt get a freaking volcano-map to drop. ran dont-know-how-many of the adjacent maps, got all kind of haunted mansion or whatever-maps, it took far too long to get the one map i needed - and according to GGGS own patchnotes - and should have gotten over these other maps.

oh, but i get map-drops all the time, midtier yellow ones, maps i dont need, its the ones i need to progress that refuse to drop.
there is definitely some system at work here: some maps i have by the dozens, others i have seen drop once and then never again, some never at all, despite aiming for them.
and isnt that defeating the whole point of the atlas: "chose your route", run the maps i prefer to, have some kind of control over your mapping?

this whole situation is just stupid.
if i dont see any progress by the mid of this week i am out.
dont even care about beastcrafting, its whatever to me.
but forcing an endgame-ready lvl93 char to waste time and currency on tier10s, keeping me from simply playing them game....i dont even know what GGG are thinking here, how about you try motivating people to play the game rather than dispersing them?
Last edited by PaoloPinkel on Mar 19, 2018, 12:54:25 PM
"
Orbaal wrote:

This has been suggested several times and Chris replied to it, basically saying they need to crank out new stuff because overhauling old stuff wont pay the bills.

Can you please link this too me? Because I seriously think he's underestimating the player base here. Supporter packs? Maybe. But new, major league content every 3 months? Doubt it. I think a new round of Legacy League with new supporter packs would pay more bills than a rushed-out league with lots of shortcomings.

Maybe I'm underestimating the power of advertisement that comes with brand new content.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I´ll try but cant promise
STOP FEEDING STREAMERS.

Seriously, the more you feed them and preach their PoV of the game the more GGG is gonna turn the game into a twitch shitfest. Start thinking on your own and escape the streamer hive mind. It's really hurting the game.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Mar 19, 2018, 1:11:29 PM
"
IIPheXII wrote:
STOP FEEDING STREAMERS.

Seriously, the more you feed them and preach their PoV of the game the more GGG is gonna turn the game into a twitch shitfest. Start thinking on your own and escape the streamer hive mind. It's really hurting the game.

Someone's mad somebody makes a living playing video games
"
Phrazz wrote:
Can you please link this too me? Because I seriously think he's underestimating the player base here. Supporter packs? Maybe. But new, major league content every 3 months? Doubt it. I think a new round of Legacy League with new supporter packs would pay more bills than a rushed-out league with lots of shortcomings.

Maybe I'm underestimating the power of advertisement that comes with brand new content.

I can’t link what that guy is talking about, but I can tell you from being around other free to play games and their developers that it is absolute fact. It’s almost a trap these f2p companies fall in to. Obviously they have to have cash flow for the work they put in, but putting work in to old stuff doesn’t create any cash flow, while releasing whatever new character or character enhancement for sale certainly will. So they get themselves stuck in a hole where they just don’t have the time/money to go back instead of moving forward where the cash flow is. You guys are on the right track, though. The only ways to fix it are to try and get enough people to fund fixing old stuff, or just have a company that’s so far ahead money wise, they don’t mind sacrificing a bit to improve their game.
Last edited by jlw622 on Mar 19, 2018, 1:28:55 PM
Found it.

Its in the Ziz AMA Interview.
About 7min into it

"
Ziz: I'm still so happy you said "dozen more years." Like, I have a job for dozen more years, this is great. (Chris: Well, hopefully longer!) Great to hear it. I play Path of Exile a lot. Again, on the leagues, what about reworking, a lot of people have asked about Prophecy, and stuff like that. Is that something you want to go back and add more to?

Chris: Yeah, it is. There's actually a big Reddit thread about this this morning that I kind of wanted to address. (Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7q4sb9/1_for_rework_of_old_content_instead_of_new/ ) The thread is basically people saying -- This is a common thing they say, that they would love for us to take a cycle, and just improve the old stuff in the game, like basically for our expansion announcement to be, "Hey guys! There is no expansion. But look at this big list of changes!" And then that list of changes would make everyone happy. This is a common thing that's requested. Now, we want to achieve this, but not in exactly the way that they're asking. If we said, "Guys, there is no expansion, here's some changes," without a doubt, that improves the game. But, I one hundred percent guarantee you it will significantly hurt the company financially.
We need the releases because we need the influx of returning players. The company can make money and it's good, but not at the end of the league; when people are waiting for the next one, the company is not making money. And so, it's important that we have new exciting releases.

Edit:
Correct time stap is about 35mins
Last edited by Orbaal on Mar 19, 2018, 3:20:10 PM
"
Schmerbert wrote:
"

Chance for EITHER an abyss or breach to spawn in a map = 20%

Its actually 50% because it either spawns a breach/abyss, or it doenst, so its 50/50.

Math.

Try again?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info