Frequent Crashes "Unexpected Disconnection Occurred"

I have recently been experiencing frequent disconnect (basically every third time I change zones). Lost a bunch of maps because of it and dailies....feels bad man. Upon changing zones I get kicked back to the login screen with the message Unexpected Disconnection Occurred in the bottom left area of the screen.

What's odd is this only seems to happen on my necromancer in BHC "MudBHC". I have tried changing from Direct x 9 to Direct x 11 and still have to same issue regardless. I also added --noasync to my shortcut for the PathofExile_x64.exe shortcut. Still no relief.

I have tried disabling/enabling almost every graphic setting. I run a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760, a intel I5-4670k processor, 8 gb of ram, and dx 11.

Literally have no explanation for why this is happening, but it seems to have really started causing me problems after the 3.2.0b hotfix.

Please help GGG. Long term player here hoping for some answers.

Love you guys.

Last bumped on Apr 5, 2018, 3:54:27 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"Any client crashes or disconnects are sent to us automatically. Report them if you have steps to reproduce the crash, but if you’re not sure why you crashed, then we’ll be investigating the default crash report ourselves."

My mistake here not seeing this in the FAQ.

However I have gone through some various testing. At first I thought it may be my vis mortis that was causing the issue, as there have been several minion count items appearing in odd states. So I put that in my inventory and was still experiencing crashes. Removed, spectre gem and animated guardian gem and still experienced crashes. I removed my clarity gem and was able to run `40 zone changes (flipping between aspirants, menagerie, and my hideout successfully without crashes. This was the only successful thing I tried.
Yep just did another 50 zone changes without clarity without crashing. As soon as I put in clarity I can only do a few zone changes.
For whatever it is worth, I am experiencing the same phenomena you are, with my support guardian. My hiero and necro ran clarity just fine, however, but my guardian runs a bunch of auras including clarity and crashes zones constantly.
Been happening to be and has cost me so much time because of this like disconnecting when going to a new instance in Lab, Zana daily's and much more.
For me its almost every time going to town, after i finished the game and town is oriath took me 5-10 minutes to login because i was dsiconnected once i hear the town sounds. Would not say that my ping is that bad 50-100ms with Predictive mode.
wish it was a gem issue for me...my ping went from 32-62 texas and washington...to well over 100 and i keep getting disconnected while trying to log to instance...games been running fine til today
Same happens to me all the time.
Crashing when changing zones. Lost SO MANY map!!!
I tried almost everything. But the clarity-gem removal i will try right now.
Hopefully it works.
I've been getting this, starting from 2 days ago, but it doesn't seem to happen at zone changes. It just happens randomly while I'm playing - the last few times I was trying to run Lab and I can't finish Lab in the time the game gives me before the disconnect occurs.

Symptoms: I play, suddenly everything stutters and freezes, and then I get booted to the main screen with "an unexpected disconnection occurred" at the lower left. This happens on average once every 20 minutes. 3 other devices in my house can browse the Internet just fine throughout this entire time.

If it helps, I use Steam.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info