[3.2] HC Viable 100% Physical/Bleed Spectral Shield Throw Jugg

Are you new to the game or bad at boss mechanics? This character is for you!!! It is a very tanky character. With a fast shield charge you will also be very quick with clearing and avoiding mechanics when needed. If you want something that you can effectively map with on a budget this is your build. I did not try to push this build as it was a new skill and slowly progressed with it. This build can easily do Red maps on a budget. You won't have insane dps like you will with an elemental conversion build. This build isn't for being a Tooltip Dps warrior. It is for someone that wants an effective easy build that clears great and doesn't feel like it is one hit away from starting over. There are plenty of ways you could go to probably optimize the build and get even better results. This is going to be a guide to get you to easy Yellow mapping and beginning into Red Tier on a budget!!!

This is my first ever build guild. I tried to make it as easy as possible to follow. This guide is not meant to carry you to the Shaper or Uber Atziri. This guide is to get you comfortably mapping in HC. It could definitely be optimized to push further end game. I wanted to make this build guide for the player who wants easily achievable gear and more realistic dps numbers.

>> UPDATE
Spoiler

Working on adding more end game setup and higher currency version. I am finally getting the currency to get some of the higher end gear and will update as play continues.

>> Playstyle
Spoiler

For Trash clearing its charge, throw, charge!!!
For Bosses you will be able to face tank most bosses with dodging the occasional heavy mechanic.

>> Pro/Cons
Spoiler

PROS
+ Very Safe / Tanky build (6K Life/60%block/10%spell block with Rumi's/85%+ phys res)
+ Very Good Clear Speed (Not Meta but good)
+ Can do all map mods other than physical reflect
+ HC viable - Played into Red Tier Maps fairly easy
+ Very good leech with some regen (Easy Lab Traps)
+ Can be done on a smaller budget with more investment to push harder

CONS
- Not a huge amounts of damage
- Pure physical so less scaling
- Shield skill so less ways to scale

>> Leveling Tips
Spoiler

You can level with Molten strike from level 1 with no links.

Staring Level with 1H or 2H. Start with Molten Strike + Chance to Bleed

Once you hit level 8 - Molten Strike + Added fire + Maim + Chance to Bleed
Also you can set up a Ancestral Protector totem for easy boss killing

Once you hit level 12 - You can switch to Sunder with the same gem link setup

Once you hit level 16/18 - If you can get Kaltenhalt you can switch over to Spectral Shield Throw. You will want to run Point Blank until you can get it on the tree. This makes a huge difference in damage/clear. Also if you can get a Princess Sabre it is a great combo with the added cold.

Link Setup - Spectral Shield Throw - Faster Attacks - Added Fire - Point Blank

Once you hit level 30 - Switch over to the Titucius' Shield. Huge improvement in DPS

This shield can carry you all the way to a nice rolled 51 plus shield.

Link Setup - Spectral Shield Throw - Faster Attacks - Added Fire - Point Blank (Maim or Physical Projectile if you have gotten Point Blank)

Start out leveling Either 2H or 1H with sunder/frost blades/molten strike.
The damage is just not there for easy leveling at low levels. I recommend taking the 4 melee physical damage nodes as soon as possible and speccing out of them later. After you get the 2H or 1H nodes depending on what you decide to level follow the tree over to RT. I do not recommend switching over to SST before 42 if you do not have a good armor shield. it can be done but just isn't very smooth even with the Titucius Span shield. The Haemophilla Gloves and Point Blank and Iron Grip make a huge boost to clear speed and bosses. If you ever feel light on life you can take nodes in the life tree before some of the other nodes. If you have a good shield with good amount of block and armour as well as elemental resistances life doesn't seem to be an issue. (Max sure enough to not get one shot). Also you can spec out of the all res node if not needed or can easily take one of the other 2 all res nodes that are close by to boost res and respec out later.

>> Leveling Trees
Spoiler

20 point - Tree (Roughly through Act 2)
http://poeurl.com/bPPk

50 point - Tree (Roughly through Act 4)
http://poeurl.com/bPPr

80 point - Tree (Roughly through Act 8)
http://poeurl.com/bPPv

104 point - Tree (Roughly through T10)
http://poeurl.com/bPPz

>> Bandits
Spoiler

With the bandits you have two options. The two points can get you another jewel socket which with a well rolled jewel will give us much more than 20 percent physical damage. The physical damage reduction is not needed. The regen is nice but with the little bit of regen we do have and the amount leech we have the regen is not a big need. For that reason the Two points is much better choice overall.

1. Take the two points (Much better end game)
2. Help Oak (Global Physical, Physical reduction (Not Needed), and some regen)

>> Ascendancy
Spoiler

The four major passives we take are in the following order Unflinching, Unbreakable, Unyielding, Unrelenting. (Unrelenting is optional, You could take Unstoppable as well for the stun immunity).

>> The Pantheon
Spoiler

For the Pantheon we take Soul of Solaris for our major. This gives us when completed more damage mitigation from AOE, Critical Strike mitigation, as well as status aliment avoidance.

For the minor you have a few options. Soul of Shakari is very strong with giving us extra mitigation to chaos damage and immunity to poison. This is a very small portion of the game. You can also take Soul of Tukohama. This gives us more physical mitigation as well as more regen the longer we stand still. With this build you can face tank many of the bosses and not need to move. This gives us a huge buff.

>> Gem Links/Gear
Spoiler

- Main Skill/Body Armour -
Spoiler

You can get more damage swapping out Maim with Slower Projectiles. We use Lioneye's Vision for the free 6L as pierce gives you some more damage and much better clear speed. If you were able to obtain a 6L Lioneye's I would recommend using slower projectiles for the big damage up tick it gives you.

- Totem/Gloves -
Spoiler

We use our totem for additional maim up time as well as culling strike on bosses. Since we are not using a weapon but a shield for our damage it does not scale the totem well for damage and therefor we use it for utility. We use the haemophilla gloves as they give us a nice boost in clear speed as well as a good boost in overall damage.

- CWDT/Helmet
Spoiler

We setup a CWDT in our helm with Immortal Call. Since we are pretty tanky you can set this pretty high to take a big hit to set off Immortal Call. This will give you around 2 seconds to regenerate all your endurance charges if you do get hit extremely hard and will also allow for regen and life leech to kick in. What Golem you use is also optional. I like the extra regen being on HC but you could easily swap out for one of the others if you choose so. Also have blood rage for that extra damage and frenzy charge generation when needed. It will boost your clear speed with how fast shield charge will have you zooming around the map. We chose the devoto's as this skill scales well with attack speed and gives us more zooming around speed. You could definitely replace this with another helmet. If lacking on resistance or life. An Elder helm also can have the spell block mod.

- Curse/Boots -
Spoiler

Where we have our blasphemy setup with Vulnerability. Vulnerability gives us a very big boost in dps when combined with maim and our bleed. You can also run warlord's mark for more leech/sustain on life and mana if needed but will greatly reduce damage. You have room for another aura such as Haste or any of the Purity gems. This once again is up to you as to do you want more res or more damage. The boots can be replaced with a nice rolled rare. The damage on the boots is nice but you could get much more life and resistance off of some good rare boots

- Weapon/Main Hand -
Spoiler

For Main hand we are going to use Prismatic Eclipse with three green sockets. This gives us a huge boost in attack speed and clear speed with Shield Charge. A Shaper Stat stick can give tons of damage to an elemental build but since we are pure physical we go with the Prismatic Eclipse.

- Shield/Off Hand -
Spoiler

The shield is where our damage comes from. Lioneye's is a great budget shield with high armor and life rolls. The more armor our shield has the more damage we do and the more mitigation we have. End game ideally we would want to run a Elder/Shaped Colossal Tower Shield. We can gain a huge amount of dps off the armor rolls as well as the specialized mods. If rolling your own shield make sure it item level 84 or above. Some of the better mods are listed below.

- Recover % of max life on block
- % Max Life
- Increased Damage 1% per block chance
- % of block chance applied to spells

- Belt -
Spoiler

The Nomad is the best all around belt for us. It gives us good resistances while giving us a huge up tick in damage. Meeting the minimum attributes requirements are simple for this build as traveling the tree and our gear will grant us most of these.

- Jewelry -
Spoiler

For jewelry we want the following stats

- Life
- Resistance
- Flat phyiscal

Also have a few good Elder mods that can roll as well.

>> Jewels
Spoiler

- We have a few jewel sockets to fill. There are multiple ways you can go with the jewels depending on need.
Spoiler

- Normal Jewel -
Spoiler

- Max life percent
- Global physical damage
- Attack speed while holding a shield
- Physical Damage while holding a shield

- Abyssal Jewel -
Spoiler

- Flat Max life
- Flat Physical Damage
- Chance to dodge attacks and spells on hit
- Additional block chance if you were damaged by a hit recently
- Chance to block spells if you were damaged by a hit recently

>> Enchantments
Spoiler

- Helmet -
Spoiler

For the helmet obviously the best enchant is going to be the 40% increased Spectral Shield Throw Damage

- Gloves -
Spoiler

For the gloves Commandment of Furry on hit is a great clear speed buff.

- Boots -
Spoiler

For the boots we have two good options. We can use the Regenerate 2% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently or use 8% chance to Dodge Spell Damage if you've taken Spell Damage Recently.

>> Dps/Mitigation
Spoiler

- DPS -
Spoiler

Spoiler

- Mitigation -

- End Note -

This build is designed to mitigate damage in many ways through max resistances/high physical resistances/evasion/dodge/block and then methodically dpsing the boss down while sustaining life. In the end I hope you enjoy the build as much as I have and if nothing else learn some things from the in depth guide to adjust this build to your liking or even create a build of your own.

Last edited by ssjtrio2 on Mar 28, 2018, 12:43:29 PM
Last bumped on May 2, 2018, 9:34:30 AM
Question, with all of you skills/items I've put in PoB. I am not even close to the DPS you have posted. Something missing?
Make sure you have all your calculations checked on the calcs tab for point blank, maim, bleed, damage on full life.
Make sure you have all your calculations checked on the calcs tab for point blank, maim, bleed, damage on full life.
"
Physical/Bleed Spectral Shield Throw Jugg

Is terrible. Finished your sentence for you
"
"

Not at all.. If you are trying to push the Shaper sure.. but if you just want a safe strong atlas clearer and lab farm.. Great.. I carried people through uber lab at 70-72 with only 4400 life on this build. People just want 1 shot builds. I wanted a safe hardcore build that was cheap.
"
ssjtrio2 wrote:
"
"

Not at all.. If you are trying to push the Shaper sure.. but if you just want a safe strong atlas clearer and lab farm.. Great.. I carried people through uber lab at 70-72 with only 4400 life on this build. People just want 1 shot builds. I wanted a safe hardcore build that was cheap.

Sorry. Relatively terrible. Compared to other things terrible.

Thers wrong path at lvling tree, using 2h nodes! (first 20 nodes)
"
ancientmind wrote:
Thers wrong path at lvling tree, using 2h nodes! (first 20 nodes)

Under leveling Tips.. IT says to spec out of these if you chose to take them. They were just taken in the beginning to give more damage while leveling and before switching to SST. I have done it with 2H and 1H.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info