[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

First I want to thank you for this great build guide!

For all the people (including myself) that were struggling with generating endurance charges before engaging a boss, or before starting a map. I think this item is quite usefull and dirt cheap.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ralakesh%27s_Impatience

I had problems dying on the first pack of a map without endurance charges.
Now all I do is equip the boots to generate my charges and then changing back to my standard pair of boots.

May seem clunky to some people, but for me the solution is quite satisfying.
Last edited by calynz on Aug 7, 2018, 10:23:49 PM
"
calynz wrote:
First I want to thank you for this great build guide!

For all the people (including myself) that were struggling with generating endurance charges before engaging a boss, or before starting a map. I think this item is quite usefull and dirt cheap.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ralakesh%27s_Impatience

I had problems dying on the first pack of a map without endurance charges.
Now all I do is equip the boots to generate my charges and then changing back to my standard pair of boots.

May seem clunky to some people, but for me the solution is quite satisfying.

Thanks !
"
Kaminur wrote:
Are there other Weapons, that could be used, to level/map with this weapon, until the currency to buy all the needed items? (for budget version).
Something like Dreamfeather?
Or a Razor of the Seventh Sun/Scaeva and a 3 Green socket Prismatic eclipse in offhand, just for the attack speed?.
I am currently using this build in the Flashback event standard.
And except some minor purchases (the weapons i have now (a Frostbreath) was really good for the leveling and one wildfirejewel, for the swap from sudner to molten strike) this build is play with the items i found during leveling/ early mapping.

I used Grelwood shank as a main hand weapon. You can use 2 Grelwood shanks for white maps, 1 GS + 1 Nebuloch for yellow maps and 2 N for red maps. Any other weapon with good attack speed coule be used as a main hand weapon.
Last edited by fjtheknight on Aug 8, 2018, 2:44:47 PM
Hi, is the brass dome an option? Have 10ex and dont know whether to go with a 6l brass or loreweave. Is ele or phys mitigation better in late game?
"
Walltrigger wrote:
Hi, is the brass dome an option? Have 10ex and dont know whether to go with a 6l brass or loreweave. Is ele or phys mitigation better in late game?

Hi, I think loreweave is better. I already tanked shaper slam so I think there is no need for more armour. Also loreweave helps against 3 types of damage while brass dome only against phys hits (no mitigation against phys degen) and crit damage.
Hi friend!

I am excited to read about your build.

I am looking for a strong league starter that scales well to kill all bosses easily. I am not a good player at dodging stuff so prefer a tanky playstyle.

At league start (like Day 1-4) I am looking for a build that can do 2 things:
- cheap budget (<20c) to get started
- can safely farm uber lab (cos thats how I prefer to farm mass currency in first days)

Last league I played Molten Strike Jugg 1H-Shield (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2125173). It was a great build but Grelwood Shanks is expensive first few days. How much is Nebuloch at league start?

Also whats your honest opinion about this build (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2125173) compared to your build? Your build clearly has more damage, and also cheaper as far as end game gear goes I think since you dont need Xophs blood ammy which is 10ex alone.
But not sure how the tankiness of your builds compare - his build got Jugg ascendency plus Grelwook shanks iron reflex buff and increased armour while stationery. I know you explained in details Jugg vs Chieftain for your setup, but wondering about your setup compared to his setup?

Legitimately interested :))
"
bankai1009 wrote:
Hi friend!

I am looking for a strong league starter that scales well to kill all bosses easily. I am not a good player at dodging stuff so prefer a tanky playstyle.

- can safely farm uber lab (cos thats how I prefer to farm mass currency in first days)

Last league I played Molten Strike Jugg 1H-Shield (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2125173). It was a great build but Grelwood Shanks is expensive first few days. How much is Nebuloch at league start?

Also whats your honest opinion about this build (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2125173) compared to your build? Your build clearly has more damage, and also cheaper as far as end game gear goes I think since you dont need Xophs blood ammy which is 10ex alone.
But not sure how the tankiness of your builds compare - his build got Jugg ascendency plus Grelwook shanks iron reflex buff and increased armour while stationery. I know you explained in details Jugg vs Chieftain for your setup, but wondering about your setup compared to his setup?

Hello there! Thank you for your interest.

- Nebuloch at league start is about 1 to 10c depending on the rolls. Mid league it is about 1 alch to 1 exalt

- In terms of raw damage mitigation (both physical and elemental), my build is better. However, the other build has more block chance and life gain on hit which may be better than life regen in some cases.

- I honestly have no experience farming uber lab, but be sure that this build can almost tank any physical hit in the game. Gaining endurance charges before boss fights may seem clunky with Ralakesh's Impatience and I have no idea about its price at league start. I am sorry I don't have enough time to test the best setup for uber lab as a new league character. Good luck!
"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
bankai1009 wrote:
Hi friend!

Hello there! Thank you for your interest.

- Nebuloch at league start is about 1 to 10c depending on the rolls. Mid league it is about 1 alch to 1 exalt

- In terms of raw damage mitigation (both physical and elemental), my build is better. However, the other build has more block chance and life gain on hit which may be better than life regen in some cases.

- I honestly have no experience farming uber lab, but be sure that this build can almost tank any physical hit in the game. Gaining endurance charges before boss fights may seem clunky with Ralakesh's Impatience and I have no idea about its price at league start. I am sorry I don't have enough time to test the best setup for uber lab as a new league character. Good luck!

Thank you so much for your answer. Really helpful!

I will give this a try in incursion and run it through some uberlabs on budget gear to see how it goes before committing to it in Delve league. Will let you know :)

Will you personally be using this build to league start in Delve?
"
bankai1009 wrote:

Thank you so much for your answer. Really helpful!

I will give this a try in incursion and run it through some uberlabs on budget gear to see how it goes before committing to it in Delve league. Will let you know :)

Thank you :)

"
bankai1009 wrote:

Will you personally be using this build to league start in Delve?

Probably not. Usually I don't play the same build twice. Also, I am going back to SSF so my build will depend on what items I get (playing SSF since Breach, joined normal Bestiary just to create this build to do all content for cheap). I am also moving to study abroad so I'll have little to no time to play. I will try however to answer questions on this thread regularly :)
Oh your an SSF player? Wouldnt have thought given you wrote such a nice detailed guide for trade league :) Hopefully you still can afford to play after moving overseas - computers can move too :P

Did you use this build as a league starter and work your way up?

Normally I go with some kind of budget uber-lab league start farmer to get currency to gear.

Wondering if I could basically use your build passive tree and use molten strike to level with any rare 1H mace or claw (for the life gain on hit)? Then farm currency to quickly buy one nebuloch?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info