[3.3] HeiroFat: the Pen Is Mightier (HC, All Content, Perm IC, Boss Killer)

"
JCOH35 wrote:
"
"
JCOH35 wrote:
Thank you for the help so far.

What is a good option if you have a 6L, in the Op's PoB its a cremation setup but he mentions a frenzy 5L with curse on hit aswell.

Id be more intrested in a curse on hit setup personally to run a lv21 curse as opposed to a low level one for CWDT purposes.

You can really run whatever you want.
Frenzy -> faster attacks -> culling strike -> curse on hit ->curse -> GMP (or 2nd curse or whatnot). Is the curse on hit setup. Be aware that you have no accuracy, so you won't be cursing non-boss mobs much, they die too fast.

So it sounds like its better to just run a low lv curse on a CWDT with frost bomb like your guild mate and then use the 6L for cremation, if you get a moment can you tell me the optimal 6L for cremation and when you would use it.

I apologize for all the questions, its my first time running a poets pen build. It seems broken tbh, I just run around spamming my basic attack and wreck everything while teleporting around randomly like nightcrawler on pcp.

Ive only been using my basic attack thus far (lv42) so wasnt sure when when you would use the 6L setup, if it was just for bosses etc, thank you.

*1 other thing before I forget, is this more or less the BiS corruption for Roimras;

I didnt think wed need or want any additional crit and I already have a chunk of it on my loreweave;

First, set up your frenzy as main attack. By 42 you should be able to 100% sustain it using blood magic or mana regen. This will fix your attack speed issues (unless you've gotten your basic attack to .25 attack speed).

Second, you're correct that you really don't need the crit. That is a great corruption for your romira's. I haven't bothered getting a corrupted one as there weren't any interesting ones for sale in HC when I checked, and it's not a big eough deal to bother using vaal orbs (aiming for a +1 belt with those).
Thank you,

So aside from my 6L then im running;

Frenzy/Additional Accuracy/Faster Attacks/Culling Strike

CWDT/Frost Bomb/Enfeeble/Blind

Stone Golem/Decoy Totem/Minion Life/Min and Totem Resistances (or totem/resist and flame dash/faster cast)

Do you think ill be ok running 3 supports on frenzy, my regens already quite high, being on standard I have access to all the cheat gear, have perfect rolled atziri's foible and clear mind jewel etc.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Mar 27, 2018, 12:36:22 AM

I'm using this. It reserves 14% of my mana but increases my damage a ton running Flammability. Originally I assumed that 100% reduced mana reservation meant that it wouldn't reserve any mana...
I guess that's not how math works.
Last edited by Yuckmouth on Mar 27, 2018, 1:10:13 AM
Could u explain why do not u link VD - fire pren - bodyswap on one pen? This way bodyswap would get advantage from fire pen, isn't it?
"
Yuckmouth wrote:

I'm using this. It reserves 14% of my mana but increases my damage a ton running Flammability. Originally I assumed that 100% reduced mana reservation meant that it wouldn't reserve any mana...

I've used it in 3.1.0 and it reserves 0 mana. Even if flammability + blasphemy was linked with empower or smth else.
I cant decide on the boots, looking at Bubonic Trail with 2 aby sockets, corrupted +1 frenzy charges Darkray Vectors and Deaths Door, they all look good for this.
Anyone tried uber elder with this yet? Or should I go inquis poets instead?
"
Budacek wrote:
Anyone tried uber elder with this yet? Or should I go inquis poets instead?

Sadly I am among those who was unable to unlock uber elder yet. I have been on vacation/travelling since week 2ish of the league, so have only killed red elder 25 or so times (only my own 10 or so times). If you drop bodyswap for a third support on vd and run a flame dash setup Uber elder should not be a problem. Your damage is more than enough for the fight and you have tons of nice immunities, high resistance, high regen, life leech etc. I plan to do uber elder with this build in HC once I return from my trip and get lucky with red elder spawns.

"
LightW2 wrote:
"
Yuckmouth wrote:

I've used it in 3.1.0 and it reserves 0 mana. Even if flammability + blasphemy was linked with empower or smth else.

This is probably because of essence worm, which increases the reservation of auras. If you run that neck, think about replacing essence worm with a high ele damage opal or shaped/elder ring...or just give up 14% hp and don't worry too much about it.
Idk id hate to lose out on the clear mind jewel too, thats another free 60% spell damage and 30% mana regen gone if you reserve any mana. I really like the synergies you have going on this build, this is the 1st one ive really liked aside from RicoKGBs life mjolner, played that for 6 months, another immortal, good dps build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info