The physical neglector. 1M+ DPS BF, 30K+ Armour Jugg tank

Fear not the man who can win many battles fast, but the one that refuses to die after his 100th. For he has seen hell a thousand times, and will face it a thousand times more, knowing nothing but how to fight on. And the most frightening thing a man has, is his unwavering determination

First, pros and cons

Pros:

Hardcore viable - This doesn't mean toss yourself headlessly at everything, but simply that the character is durable enough to push to the endgame without dying. If you were to make it hardcore, I'd recommend sacrificing some damage in exchange for life though
Can be started off rather cheap
Has extremely high physical damage mitigation
Rather decent damage, which can be scaled pretty high
Can run most map mods
Great lab runner, due to fast leap slam
Gearing is rather versatile, with no straight up mandatory uniques, though some are hard to beat for their price or what they offer
No multi-exalt items. The most expensive item in this build will likely be the rare 6L chest

Cons:
Not a ton of life considering it's a tank build, though you can trade away some damage for life, if desired
BF, while strong, can feel boring to people, and this cannot really be circumvented if you want to reach high damage
It's easy to get carried away with gearing, and make the build a lot more pricey than it needs to be to do well
Very little resistance on the tree, forcing most of it onto gear. Alira helps some with this
About no intelligence on the tree, save for a 30 intelligence notable node

Next, map mods that cannot or shouldn't be run:
Physical reflect(It is possible that this CAN be run, as I haven't tried, though due to the high damage of the build, I'm not sure the mitigation can hinder it fully)
No regen maps(This can be run, technically, but you'll hate yourself for it)
Elemental reflect can be run, but it's a little sketchy
Reduced recovery rate is despair in a bottle. It hurts the build a lot, but can definitely be done

Gear:

Spoiler

Nothing will give more armour, and this will provide a rather significant boost. It's BiS if you can cap your fire resistance with it. The high amount of % armour gained, as well as the physical damage taken as fire damage is hugely helpful, even more so since we use arctic armour which provides even more mitigation from both ends of the damage received

Comparably, this offers about 10K less armour if you have enough fire resistance(From 33K to 23K, with lion's roar). However, I used this helmet from around 80 to 87 with no actual issues, which is why I've said gearing options are flexible, and nothing is mandatory. This does offer more damage though, as accuracy means attack speed. It also helps cover the need for intelligence on gear

If either of these options are out of the question, you can buy a regular helmet with resistance, life and int, preferably on an armour base and it shouldn't cost you more than a few chaos at most

For body armours, you want something with high armour, life and resistances. This chest cost me about 170c(150c for celestial justicar cards, and 2c per greed essence craft, using screaming essences). This was changed in rather recently at level 88 though, and before that, I used a 90 life 45% total elemental resistance, 1K armour chest 6L, which cost me about 70C. 60C for the base and 10C for greed essences. This can be cheaper, and won't make a significant impact

If you get the right jewels, this will probably be your best bet for damage, as well as life. If you want a cheaper option, you can get a rare pair of gloves with attack speed and physical damage on them, or alternatively, oskarm or maligaro's virtuosity. Both of these are weaker, but also much cheaper than a pair of 2x abyssal socket pair of tombfists

For jewels, you preferably want life as a top priority, followed by attack speed if you've crit recently, and then critical strike multiplier(Not if you've killed recently. Just critical strike multiplier), and finally physical damage. These are listed in the order of priority, so if you can't find a combination of at least two of the top ones, move on to the next one in the line. Life is however a must-have, as it rather obviously helps us survive. Just remember that one of the jewels have to be a murderous eye jewel, in order to get intimidate

This is only if you have tombfist, as intimidate is a decent boost to our damage. Without that, you are wasting potential. For the jewels socketed in, it's the same as the tombfists above. If you're suffering from resistance, get that above damage, but get at least a +30 life jewel. It's about 45 life(Or 52 with a +35 one. The higher you go, the more life, obviously)

If you don't have tombfist, use a belt of the deceiver instead. It's more defensive, but less damage and life overall. It is, however, a lot cheaper

In order of prioty - Life, resistance, as high armour as is possible to obtain, and then a boots enchant of your choosing. That's pretty much everything you can get from a pair of boots that's worth getting. Movement speed adds a ton of cost to a pair of boots(Multiple exalts in difference, potentially. These boots cost me 35c. With 20-30% movement speed, they would have been 2Ex or above, which translates to around 140c). Be sure to exclude it from search in order to save money, as you'll be leap slamming more than you'll be walking with this build, due to the decently high attack speed with it

Alternatively, get a pair of death's door. They have movement speed, endurance charges, immunity to bleeding, decent armour and some resistance. They do, however, lack life and are decently pricey. I'd personally use a pair of rare boots myself, but this is definitely a viable option if you can fit it in

If I could afford it, this would be Kaom's way, as it adds 2.8% life regen with no drawback relative to the current ring. The reason for the use is because it's a flat 5% damage mitigation(4% without the ascendancy). There's really no reason to use at least one of these, if you have the option. You could use two if you have room for it, or none if you prefer damage. This is, however, a build that focuses primarily on defense, which in turn allows us to scale damage in the long run

In order of priorty, you want life, resistance, intelligence and then physical damage/attack speed. If you have intelligence covered, get physical damage/attack speed.

A max flat physical roll will best around a 30% crit multi roll. A max crit multi roll will offer the highest damage though. The damage difference is pretty insignificant with all things considered, so get which is more realistic to obtain. You also preferably want to get intelligence on this amulet. Life is a must-have. As for elemental damage added to attacks, we barely have any scaling on it, and as a result, it feels almost non-existant.
The lightning roll crafted on is only about 0.2% total damage added, so don't worry about it in the slightest. I annuled off a 2% evasion mod and crafted that instead, as it was the best option. Additionaly, if you can, get either life leech or mana leech here in order to save a passive point. Alternatively, get it on jewels

A great sword. It cost me 20c, but was also really well rolled. You can get a weaker roll for 5-10c though. It's a budget friendly and extremely strong sword. You'd need a high attack speed 350pDPS sword with crit on it, which costs about 20x what this one would, if not more. And that won't be a signficant amount stronger either

Any shaper sceptre with crit multi and at least one mod that adds physical damage as extra elemental damage. It adds a decent amount of extra damage, and even with a 15c like mine, it will still be better than a second ahn's might. You can get a much better one than this, though it will be more expensive, so keep that in mind

Flasks:

Life flask is an obvious choice. It helps us when leech or regen isn't always available or as good
Diamond flask is the highest DPS upgrade, and allows us to get utility as well(Anti-freeze/curse/bleed)
Silver flask is super cheap and offers a decent amount of extra damage. Sin's rebirth would offer more, but if you get it, you have to kill off either freeze or curse immunity
Lion's roar offers a ton of armour, and a decent chunk of extra damage
Atziri's promise offers chaos resistance and a decent amount of extra damage. The chaos resistance is the most important, as having +3% chaos resistance is a lot better than having -32%

For jewels, as I mentioned with the amulet, get leech of either physical or life. Otherwise you have to grab it on the tree. Outside of this, get critical strike multipler with one handed melee weapons, or any other generic crit multiplier that is relevant. Following this, try to get attack speed, % increased physical damage. Additionaly, you can get resistance here, without feeling too guilty about it, or if you choose, % increased maximum life. The jewel choice is somewhat versatile, as it typically is

The only jewel that will be "mandatory", is might of the meek

Might of the meek here is really strong, as it covers the two nodes above eagle eye, without touching eagly eye itself. Additionally, it applies to most of the marauder start, as well as the two minor life nodes in the scion life cluster, without affecting a single notable node that you actually pick up. It was only about 10c when I bought it, though sadly people have either realised its potential, or it's simply rare and therefore expensive, and is now sitting at what I believe is 50c. This jewel is by no means needed, though there is no better node for that particular spot, so if you can afford it, buy it. Otherwise, just get a generic jewel of your choosing

Sources of mitigation against physical damage:
Fortify
5% reduced damage taken(Unbreakable)
Over 30K armour achievable
7 endurance charges, providing 35% physical damage mitigation(4% + 1% per endureance charge from unrelenting)
Arctic armour
The formless inferno converting some physical damage into fire damage taken
25% chance to block attacks(Does not apply to spells)

Sources of mitigation against elemental damage:
8% reduced elemental damage taken while at maximum endurance charges(Unrelenting, easily achievable)
Fortify
5% reduced damage taken(Unbreakable)
25% chance to block attacks(Does not apply to spells)

Chaos resistance reaches 3% with no investment, using atziri's promise, and endurance charges, with unrelenting. You can buff this up if you choose to do so. I've just kept my gearing more minimalistic and simple to reduce cost where possible

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/XnkeHftg

For bleeding procc, use ancestral protector/leap slam. If you're uncomfortable with it, change out Damage at full life support with maim. You lose a decent amount of damage, but it will be 100% reliable in all scenarios

Additionaly, if you feel you have enough mitigation, change out fortify and/or arctic armour with herald of ash and maim. If you are using maim, use increased critical damage. If you don't want to three off colour your chest, use endurance charge on melee stun, as this now provides 3% more damage per endurance charge

Bandit: Alira. Resistance and crit multi are pretty much your best bet all around

Gems
Blade flurry - Conc. effect/Inc. AoE - Mlee physical damage - Damage on full life - Fortify - (Bloodlust if you have a 6L)

Leap slam - Blood magic - Faster attacks - (Fortify, if you have a 4L setup to spare)

Cast when damage taken - Summon lightning golem - Molten shell

Arctic armour/Herald of ash - Hatred

Ancestral protector - Maim - Culling strike - Melee physical damage

Blood rage - Enhance - Punishment/Vulnerability(Vulnerability if you're not a fan of the gimmick of punishment) - Can be linked with orb of storms if you desire less micromanaging

Enduring cry anywhere you can fit it in

Leveling - Tabula, goldrim, redbeak, screaming eagle, wanderlust, etc. The typical leveling gear you'd use in order to speed up the process.

I used cleave as it was the original foundation of the build, though do use molten strike + ancestral call, as it does a decent amount more damage. Pick up ancestral protector early, and you're pretty much set to beat the game, as you become decently durable, as long as you don't completely ignore life nodes

If I were to give any particular piece of advice, I'd recommend traveling to the right side early. Not only do you get access to the +30 intelligence node, and a decent amount of dexterity, but you also don't have to dread a long route of dead time in between levels, as the tree stretched pretty wide
Last edited by RainbroDasher on Mar 13, 2018, 4:01:16 AM
Last bumped on Mar 13, 2018, 3:57:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info