[3.9] Pure Phys Skeletons & Friends Necromancer — Beginner/SSF/Budget Build

Quick update: started adding some videos! Can't record any Shaper/Guardian kills right now cause I'm SSF and ran out of T16 maps.

Also, after thoroughly testing Essence Glutton it has been a big disappointment. The mana recovery it grants isn't nearly as good as I was expecting. It also causes a surprisingly noticeable FPS drop from the visual effect on corpses. I've switched to Bone Barrier + a mana flask, and I suggest you do the same. The guide has been updated to reflect this.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
setr0c wrote:
what u think guys should i get the grave intention after indomitable army? Or there are better options?

If you grab grave intentions you would need to swap out brutality gems since those would prevent unholy might from doing anything.
What do you think of Skitterbots (perma shock+freeze) or Banner? Is the DPS gain worth the mana reserved or not needed?
"
Balticataz wrote:
"
setr0c wrote:
what u think guys should i get the grave intention after indomitable army? Or there are better options?

If you grab grave intentions you would need to swap out brutality gems since those would prevent unholy might from doing anything.

any suggestions? as i did consider that node myself.
"
Valkirth wrote:

"
Been running this setup on EB/MoM, taking bone barrier instead of essence glutton. Even without a 6L things just melt, though admittedly the two rings and the extra required dex on the build wasn't the cheapest. Still, even without essence glutton you get more than enough ES regen/recharge that you don't have to worry about running out of mana at all. That is, assuming you get hit in the middle of your horde.
as you don't run brutality have you considered triad Grip for gloves? could be quite solid unless you prefer to stay pure phys.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Triad_Grip for anyone wondering.

My resists are a bit touchy at the moment and just over 75% (even with bone barrier, it's sorta bad) but I may be able to reshuffle my gear and pick that up. Will let you know how it goes.

Quick update: gear shift cost me about 200 life and forced me to swap to shield charge instead of flame dash, but I don't care because my enemies are exploding in every color of the painbow. B-B-G-R may be a more ideal choice for triad grip since you can double up on the hatred effect while getting other ele for shock and ignite, but I had the 4-color pair on hand so I went with it at first. It's definitely a fun way to play, but sorta goes completely opposing the 'pure phys' this build guide was advertising :p
Great build.

What affix i should find in jewel? Minion taunt in all jewel?
Does anyone have a tree for past lvl 90? Final build looks like it's for lvl 90 only

Also what notable did you guys anoint?
Last edited by MillenniumDH on Sep 11, 2019, 11:31:29 PM
"
MillenniumDH wrote:
Does anyone have a tree for past lvl 90? Final build looks like it's for lvl 90 only

Also what notable did you guys anoint?

The chase anoint is Death Attunement as it saves 6 points in the build. Indomitable Army can work too for the defense on minions, but you can route down there with the points you save from DA. (Movespeed from Ravenous Horde is too good to give up so we don't take that one)

For lv.100 I would personally go after the flask nodes to round out the build, flask nodes are underrated. Alternatively Aligned Spirits and Indomitable Army give you more damage and pet defense.
"
viperesque wrote:
Quick update: started adding some videos! Can't record any Shaper/Guardian kills right now cause I'm SSF and ran out of T16 maps.

Also, after thoroughly testing Essence Glutton it has been a big disappointment. The mana recovery it grants isn't nearly as good as I was expecting. It also causes a surprisingly noticeable FPS drop from the visual effect on corpses. I've switched to Bone Barrier + a mana flask, and I suggest you do the same. The guide has been updated to reflect this.

Would you recommend any unique items for this build?

For example: would Saqawal's Nest be worth it? I mean, it will reserve some extra mana, thus lower our eHP.. But our minions would get 20% chance to deal double dmg, 20% more movement speed. Also our own movement speed would be 20% higher.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Saqawal%27s_Nest

I finished the game yesterday and did some T1 and T2 maps with semi-crappy gear.. This is one fun and awesome build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info