[3.2] Totally Not CuteDog/RaizQT's Autobomber (MF btw)

If you're more into video guides, click here

What it do:
Spoiler

Utilizes a Cospri's Malice socketed with Glacial Cascade in order to trigger Herald of Ice/Thunder. Herald of Ice has Added Lightning which means it can shock. If you kill a shocked enemy, this causes Herald of Thunder to go off. We use Added Cold in Herald of Thunder, meaning it can freeze and cause Herald of Ice to go off; after trigger a Glacial Cascade with Cospri's by Shield Charging, the Heralds pretty much perpetuate themselves, thus giving it its coined name "Autobomber."

In this variation, I'm using Assassin for easier crits and wearing Magic Find gear in order to maximize drops. Since the Bisco's nerf, I feel like slapping on a Bisco's and farming super fast isn't really going to cut it for me.

Pros:
-Fast Clear
-Shatters lots
-MTX = FeelsGoodMan
-Practically a one button build
-Can run just about any map mod

Cons:
-Expensive AF
-Can't boss until Headhunter
-Can't really kill Null Portals or Elder mobs (Squids two-shot me)
-No mana regen maps are a buzzkill
-Unless you have Abberath's Hooves, you have to level using another skill set

Skill Tree + Bandits:
Spoiler

32 Points
64 Points
85 Points
100 Points
107 Points(my current tree)

If I were to level this build again, I'd go Crit Freezing Pulse, Abberath's, or Poet's Pens. The leveling trees above are gauged toward Crit Freezing Pulse. In the 32 Point tree, those two jewel sockets are for for First Snow (or Frozen Trail if you prefer Frostbolt). The Scion jewel socket in the 64 Point tree can be used for Pure Talent for easier crits, and just so you have it ready for the transition into Cospri's.

100 Points (if you have most of your skillers) should be plenty to swap to Autobomber. I only recommend this if you have 20/20 gems ready for all of your heralds. It's possible to do T10 maps with this build at this time, but Null Portals/Elder mobs will destroy you. I still haven't figured out a way to deal with them, since the build is slightly limited in power level due to MF gear. Taking off some MF gear to get more HP (and crit stuff on rings), would help immensely. Right now I'm farming T8 Burials without Elder until I can find another solution.

Bandits: Resistances are generally difficult to find with MF gear, so I value Alira above the other bandits; the crit multi is also nice.

Skill Gem Setup:
Spoiler

Glacial Cascade - Physical to Lightning - Conc Effect (In Cospri's)

Herald of Thunder - Added Lightning - Added Cold - Inc Crit Strikes - Lightning Pen - Inc Crit Damage

Herald of Ice - Ice Bite - Inc Crit Strikes - Added Lightning

Flame Dash(or Lightning Golem) - Vaal Haste - Inc Duration

Portal - Faster Casting - Vaal Haste - Inc Duration

Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Additional Accuracy

Concerning Herald of Ice, you should drop Ice Bite for Inc AoE if you don't have a Shaper helmet with Inc AoE and Hypothermia. Normally use Vaal Breach would be used for bossing, but it's almost unobtainable in Bestiary. If I did manage to get one, I'd replace Lightning Golem for it.

Gear:
Spoiler

Old Gear:

For budget, you can drop the MF stuff and use an Essence Worm(for Hatred) and a Lightpoacher. If you do this, you'll need to sacrifice some links for [Pierce - Physical to Lightning - Inc Crit Strikes] in Lightpoacher. This will allow you to possibly get away with a 5L Herald of Thunder; I'd drop Lightning Pen or Added Lightning here.

Concerning Pariah/Ventor's, you can use a 16% Quantity Thief's Torment for budget. Sure, you'll lose Lightning Golem but who really wants to cast him once every fifteen maps.

Without Headhunter the clearspeed suffers a bit, making Esh's Mirror pretty required to go fast; that, and you'll struggle with rare maps without the flat lightning that stacks up for both of your heralds.

New Gear:

Concerning the changes in gear, I went more for Abyss jewels and using Lightpoacher as a means to start the Herald shattering; it's worked well up to T10 maps. If I were to push higher tier maps, I'd want a helmet with extra links for sure. I think that Lightpoacher would fall off for damage the higher you go in tiers.

Flasks:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Ascendancy and Pantheons:
Spoiler

Assassin:
Unstable Infusion - Deadly Infusion - Ambush and Assassinate - Opportunistic

I take Ambush before Opportunistic because I like to have the engine for more crit chance ready before going Autobomber. This node helps us by giving 100% more chance to crit on dudes that are full on life; it also helps us finish off dudes on low life since we also gain 100% more chance to crit on dudes low on life, on top of cull.

Pantheons:
Major: Soul of Lunaris(helps mitigate vs physical damage and gives us some juicy MS, plus improved nets us chances to dodge projectiles which tends to bane us)

Minor: Soul of Sharkari(helps us vs caustic clouds)

Jewels:
Spoiler

Pure Talent is required so that the heralds can crit more consistently.

Now, you'll notice that most of the rare jewels are kind of shit. These ones have specific resistance rolls in order to balance out perfect Wise Oak. If you aren't going for Wise Oak, these jewels are much more flexible. Best rolls on rares include: Crit Multi with Elemental Skills, Life, Attack Speed, Lightning Damage, Cold Damage, and Area Damage. Some of these rolls only apply to one Herald or the other, but that's fine. Mainly just make sure you're resistance capped and grab helpful rolls with your other affixes.

Videos:

Closing Notes:
Spoiler

So far the build's been a blast! I'm kinda bummed about struggling so much vs Elder mobs, but I think it'll come with time. I might have to swap to an Essence Worm setup with the Hatred crit Watcher's Eye eventually to push the build a bit. I think 21/20 gems on the heralds would push the build as well. I'll keep tinkering with it, but for now it clears out Shaped Burial Chambers pretty well. I'll be updating the guide as I go.

If you have any questions concerning the build, feel free to leave a reply here or catch me on Twitch. I stream almost every day for at least six hours. Stay safe Exiles!

Last edited by WaifuGate on May 21, 2018, 8:45:27 PM
Last bumped on Sep 24, 2018, 10:28:01 AM
Thoughts about ascendant assassin/elementalist or just a plain elementalist?
"
Hapseleg wrote:
Thoughts about ascendant assassin/elementalist or just a plain elementalist?

With MF gear it'd be difficult to push the damage on other Ascendencies. For example, with Elementalist you only get .5% base crit off of Pure Talent, and 1.9% from a 20/20 Inc Crit Strikes gem. Adding Assassin's flat 2% chance to crit on top of those make it more consistent. Also, Assassin gets the 100% more crit strike chance vs enemies on full life, and on low life. Currently, it turns my 27% crit chance into a 54%.

As for Ascendant, you only gain 1% flat crit chance. While this is good, I feel like it still comes up short especially if you consider the lack of crit chance vs dudes on full/low life. The extra herald effect is tempting, the ele pen is nice, but none of it adds up to that raw crit chance that just makes the build flow super smooth. You'd need a Watcher's Eye with extra Crit chance while affected by Hatred; that would also require me to use an Essence Worm, dropping one of my MF rings. It just feels like a lot of compromise for so little.
Seems interesting!

If I managed to get a headhunter, would I drop Mirror and replace it with another Malice?

Cuz I remember I saw in one of the videos where he was blasting maps with two Cospris.
"
Seems interesting!

If I managed to get a headhunter, would I drop Mirror and replace it with another Malice?

Cuz I remember I saw in one of the videos where he was blasting maps with two Cospris.

I'd still run Esh's for flat damage. I'd drop Wise Oak for another flask and stop trying to balance res's since Headhunter messes with it quite a bit. You only need Glacial Cascade to proc once for your herald's to chain so having another trigger doesn't really help much.
Hey man thanks for the write-up. It made it easier since rewatching cutedog video over and over isn't really quick info delivery.

A couple questions I have since I'm trying to gear my autobomber (you can check it in my profile if you have ideas, right now I have the bare minimums) :

- Thoughts on getting 2 Inspired Learning jewels ? We have 2 good nodes for it, and since you said jewels aren't that good for the build ...
- You have inc AoE in your chest but talk about Innervate, what do you prefer running ?
Just as a heads up for anyone who wants to try it... don't do it if You don't have the gear. I tried to rush it with a 5 link, no 20/20 gems, no inspired learning... tldr, wasn't a good idea. And I'm not entirely new to the game, either. No vet by any count, but been around for a couple of years.

Though frankly I don't even have merc lab done on the character. No idea how people manage to do it while leveling with abberath's.
>And I'm not entirely new to the game, either

>I don't even have merc lab done on the character

????
"
Fawkse wrote:
Just as a heads up for anyone who wants to try it... don't do it if You don't have the gear. I tried to rush it with a 5 link, no 20/20 gems, no inspired learning... tldr, wasn't a good idea. And I'm not entirely new to the game, either. No vet by any count, but been around for a couple of years.

Though frankly I don't even have merc lab done on the character. No idea how people manage to do it while leveling with abberath's.

I got carried for merc/uber lab but the rest is fine ezpz.

You can level as a crit caster (BV, Freezing pulse, Firestorm, ...), or Abberath (I did this, and I agree it falls off after 55 you get fucked since you have little to no resist in the tree), or probably the best would be Poet's Pen so you're not in melee range.

You can prob do Merc lab easily playing Poet's Pen.

As for the rest idk what you did wrong. I switched as soon as I was lvl 68 to equip Cospris and didn't have any issue. Had like lvl 16 Heralds. Could clear T3-T5 at 70 just fine.

Now that I have lvl 20 (not yet 21) heralds, I can do T11 (not the bosses but who cares) even if I wanted to. No issue at ALL plowing through Shaped Burial Chambers. And that's with :

5L calamity, lvl 20 herald, lvl 18 Q15-20 supports, no inspired learning (it's prob a bad idea to play with considering where you could put them), no HH

Idk what you did wrong, but you surely fucked up.
"
Fawkse wrote:

Yeah, the labs are super important for crit chance on enemy full life/low life is vital for the heralds to function well. It turns your 25% crit to 50%, not including Diamond. Always get carried by a friend or a guildie ASAP on labs. It sounds like someone else already covered this in another post, so I won't ramble on. Seems like something was missing though =(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info