The Content Update 3.2.0 Concept Art

Agreed!!!

"
Timbroslice wrote:
"
"
Timbroslice wrote:
delete all lootboxes

Are you serious? In a game that has 100% of gameplay content for free? People like you exist even here?

yo crybaby they charge 42$ per set of armor, i don't think they are going to go bankrupt if they just release the sets normally. If you check the right you'll see i do my part supporting the game I play.

They(lootboxes) are scummy and every other company gets shit for it except GGG for some reason gets a pass.
If they aren't going to delete them completely, I would be happy for them to do something with duplicates.

Battlerite does it a great way with chests you can get which guarantee an item which is a non duplicate, although it wouldn't be so easy in POE because of hideout decorations and pets which people might genuinely want a 2nd one of.
delete all lootboxes
Last edited by Timbroslice on Mar 11, 2018, 7:16:08 PM
Can we actually get some Uber Elder fight concept art? The fight is pretty cool actually.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
GGG gave us a crab barrier. No more crabs.
Saved
very good concepit arts i love these. I think you can serce us some of brat concepts from entire game on loading screens sometimes :)
Good job!
The Holy Bible
Can someone tell me if the Farrul's Fur and helm together is really worth the 10 ex they're costing BSC? They seem super neat, but damn that's pricey
Birdmann!
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Sooo... harpy armour seems like it used to be a possible look for einhar? interesting...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

GGG gets a pass because they're doing it as fairly as possible: they're transparent with the odds; every mtx inside is worth at least as much as the box itself; and the price of the box itself is significantly cheaper than most other games' 'gacha' rolls.

I suspect you're quite ignorant to just how scummy loot crates/gacha has been and remains to be in games, both free and paid. Were you not, you'd know that while GGG are indeed indulging in a shady as fuck practice, they're doing so in a way that couldn't be more fair. Some games charge upwards of 10-20$ USD for a single roll of their premium crates. Most encourage bulk buying by giving you greater chances of getting good stuff if you do a ten roll. And almost all of them have some sort of effect on the gameplay.

And on top of that, GGG are STILL sticking to their closed beta promise that all game content would be free. That stuff isn't free to for them to maintain.

Compared to shitfests like EA's BF2 fiasco and the seriously greedy whale-catching on Chinese and Japanese mobile games, GGG more than deserve that pass.

As for why we have duplicates: that's part of why they can keep the cost of the mystery boxes so relatively low. Sometimes you get a 'dud', sometimes you get something worth ten times the amount of the loot crate. Remove that aspect and the price of mystery boxes would have to be raised dramatically. That's just a fact.

Battlerite is a different financial model (it looks like it's basically SMITE's) so your comparison doesn't stand. It's easy to do things like duplicate reduction when some of your mtxes affect gameplay (locked heroes/Gods that you have to grind to get) and thus can be relied on as a steady source of revenue. The closest GGG have to that is stash tabs, and that's pretty grey compared to the allure of unlocking Heroes/Champions/Gods quickly. I understand your stance but these sorts of comparisons don't hold water.

Loot crates are scummy as a concept but GGG still do them as fairly as possible. And they're clearly working, because we're up to several iterations now and GGG are putting more and more resources into mtx design as they go. So mystery boxes aren't going anywhere. Please just accept that fact and continue to support...or don't. That's about as far as your power goes in the matter.

I completely agree with all of this and I'm always flabbergasted that people can't understand this nuance, they just seem angery at the fact cosmetic packs in this game cost real money.

That said, Loot boxes are still quite a scummy tool no matter what game they're implemented in (which is why I'm happy all of PoE's loot box cosmetics eventually go to the store). I also think GGG can afford to give more fake money per real world dollar...but at the end of the day you can access all of PoE's game content without paying a cent. And that is a point that bares repeating.
"On the neon-lit streets the passersby are all armed with stylish clothes
The more rubbish this farce is, the more I'll be able to enjoy it."
Last edited by The_Wandering_Outsider on Mar 11, 2018, 9:56:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info