[3.2] The Vigil - Vigilant Strike Juggernaut [BOTW submission]

"
makapoe wrote:
Hi fella! Just a quick little question... how do you manage mana costs? Well maybe it's just my newbie struggle but as I'm leveling up after a point manacost just jum so high I can't even get enough mana regen with gear. Can you help me out? :)

Oh, thats indeed something i did not cover in the guide. I have a 0.29 mana leech on my amulet, which is enough even without any mana regen. If you can't afford an appropriate amulet, glove or ring, you could invest 3 skillpoints into the mana leech cluster from the duelist area - this gives more mana leech than the amulet i use.
"
JP_dev wrote:
"
makapoe wrote:
Hi fella! Just a quick little question... how do you manage mana costs? Well maybe it's just my newbie struggle but as I'm leveling up after a point manacost just jum so high I can't even get enough mana regen with gear. Can you help me out? :)

Oh, thats indeed something i did not cover in the guide. I have a 0.29 mana leech on my amulet, which is enough even without any mana regen. If you can't afford an appropriate amulet, glove or ring, you could invest 3 skillpoints into the mana leech cluster from the duelist area - this gives more mana leech than the amulet i use.

Thank you! Somehow it may work for me as well :)
I came across your post while searching for a vigilant strike build. Firstly, the guide is well written with a lot of detail and justification on passive/gear selections. And obviously you've gotten very far with it.

That said, I don't think it's the most optimal build. Vigilant strike has the huge advantage of not being evadable, which is best taken advantage of by building crit. However, maces have a poor crit base - I'm questioning how much difference crit makes to your build. Marauder is close enough to resolute technique that you don't really waste points to get there. Why not use heavy strike instead (which has bonuses for stun, with the knockback somewhat synergising with bleed)? Heavy strike has similarly high base damage effectiveness.

Also, the undeniable keystone is somewhat redundant since accuracy is moot with vigilant strike. Yes, it gives attack speed but again you could use an alternate attack like heavy strike (or even an AOE attack) which isn't gated behind endurance charges.

While your build has the benefit of consuming charges and giving health via kingsguard, immortal call already does that and arguably at times when you need it most.

Stun is a nice flavour to the build, but GGG hasn't done enough with the mechanic to make it worthwhile investing in. Youre better off just killing things outright.
"
imblo78 wrote:
That said, I don't think it's the most optimal build.

No, it was more like a "i want to use Vigilant Strike"-experiment-build, but i still like the results.

"
imblo78 wrote:
Vigilant strike has the huge advantage of not being evadable, which is best taken advantage of by building crit. However, maces have a poor crit base - I'm questioning how much difference crit makes to your build. Marauder is close enough to resolute technique that you don't really waste points to get there. Why not use heavy strike instead (which has bonuses for stun, with the knockback somewhat synergising with bleed)? Heavy strike has similarly high base damage effectiveness.

You're right, but if i had chosen to use Heavy Strike, there already are way more effective builds out there. I wanted to create something unique with Vigilant Strike. Anyway, i indeed took some crit nodes for the single-target damage and even used Increased Critical Strikes Support on it which gets the character to 25% crit chance on bosses. I removed my crit chance to see how much difference it does: It's roughly 20%.

"
imblo78 wrote:
Also, the undeniable keystone is somewhat redundant since accuracy is moot with vigilant strike. Yes, it gives attack speed but again you could use an alternate attack like heavy strike (or even an AOE attack) which isn't gated behind endurance charges.

Well i hate the attack speed of maces :) But you're right, the attack speed bonus is roughly 10% overall. I expected the outcome to be more because of the additional accuracy per strength.

I'm not sure, but why don't you use Multistrike ?
"
Cmoidudu wrote:
I'm not sure, but why don't you use Multistrike ?

Because Multistrike makes attacks faster, but weaker. For a high stun chance, you want to hit as hard as you can with a single strike.
Last edited by JP_dev on Dec 26, 2018, 12:11:34 PM
Thanks for putting this build out there. Love how detailed you made it.
IGN Its_Happy_To_See_You
"
madaje wrote:

Your welcome. The build may be a little outdated right now though, as i do not have played the game in a long time.
"
JP_dev wrote:
"
madaje wrote:

Your welcome. The build may be a little outdated right now though, as i do not have played the game in a long time.

Well I hadn't played since 2016, Also the basic concepts stay the same since you wrote it well.
IGN Its_Happy_To_See_You

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info