[3.2] Spectral Shield Throw Juggernaut (with video) 360k Current Shaper DPS

Racecource T12 Clear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW4G2Cz4aAA

Current PoB character (level 88):
360k Shaper DPS
https://pastebin.com/A5hfK5i4
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Nordwolf/characters (SpectralJugg)

Killed all bandits.

Original PoB Theorycraft with better gear (but still quite obtainable):
1 million Shaper DPS
https://pastebin.com/TnXSdAQM

Gear

My current gear:

Key item:

Hrimburn/Hrimsorrow gloves: we abolutely need the 50% phys to cold conversion for the huge boost of dps that all of the elementals increases/multipliers give use, including Ele overload, penetration, quite a few nodes on the tree etc.

Good items to use:

Lioneye's Remorse shield gives a lot of armour as well as more than 200hp, and it's already at 1-2c even for decent rolls.

The Princess Sabre is the go to weapon until you get a good Shaped Phys to Ele weapon with good APS. My currend sword is pretty much a slightly upgraded princess.

The Nomad Belt is insane for us with 2 high damage increases as well as strength, 50% flask charges are also insane and let us feel like we're doing a pathfinder build.

Karui Charge/Ward is a great item not only for leveling, although you can get a higher damage rare amulet it's hard to replace the 30% Projectile speed that gives us quite a bit of clear speed.

SST|GemLinks

Main skill set up:
SST + Elemental Damage With Attacks + Cold Penetration + Pierce

5th and 6th link can be any of:
Damage on Full Life
Maim
Ele Focus (Not a fan because chill is quite useful from you attacks)
Physical Projectile Attack Damage

For full damage set up swap Pierce for any of these that you haven't used.
Faster Attacks Works too but you have enough attack speed as it is and it's less damage than the others.

My current links:
SST - EDAS - Cold Pen - Pierce - Damage on Full Life - Maim

Auras:
Hatred and Herald of Ash for that sweet burn dmg on stragglers

Golem:
Lightning Golem for attack speed (better dps than flame golem)

Shield Charge + Faster Attacks + Fortify

Additional gems:
Lvl 1 Frost bomb (20% cold pen doesn't scale with levels and we only need that)
Ancestral protector
Leap Slam for those pesky obstacles

Feel free to use any defensive CWDT setup, put Vaal Haste with Inc duration there too if you really want to. I feel like I have enough speed as it is.

A few words

Damage:
SST benefits hugely and more than other skills from any multipliers/increases because of the base damage of SST, which is about 750pdps for a 2000A shield. Hrimburn + 2 cold conversion nodes get us access to all of the elemental damage multipliers as well. Any external multiplier is pretty much required for build effectiveness: Flasks, Princess/shaped weapon, Frostbomb and Ancestral protector for bosses, Nomad belt and many more increases via increased cold damage, EDAS, penetration, global phys, projectile damage, aps etc. On the tree Point Blank + Ele Overload + Iron Grip give us a lot of additional dps as well as a few projectile/ele/phys dps while holding a shield nodes. Unfortunately SST doesn't (yet?) benefit from the jewels with attack speed while holding a shield mod. Rejoice! Attack speed while holding a shield works now which gives a pretty good boost to our jewel utilization (and also gives us attack speed from the nodes on the bottom). My dps went up by at least 10% just by slotting in new aps jewels with some other stats.

Clear speed:
I like to compare this build to EK because both have similar damage scaling and are a projectile nova at it's core.
Because SST is an attack your attack speed benefits both your SST attack speed and shield charge speed, so scaling it benefits you a LOT (one of the reasons for using a Jugg, beside it's general tankiness). Projectile speed also increases our AoE by a LOT
Silver+Quicksilver also helps a ton when charging accross the map and Nomad belt is a godsend with the 50% increased flask charges gained (you pretty much feel like pathfinder and always have flasks up).

I'm against using anything like chain or fork for this skill because you really want to control where the projectile nova explodes, so instead of that I'm using pierce (which does work on secondary projectiles).

Herald of Ash helps a ton with picking up stragglers but if you are an OCD person you should not play this build because you either need to precisely aim to get that last mob sometimes or just ignore them.

Leveling:
I did it as a league starter but I'd say it was a struggle up until about level 40, after that I started using shield charge with quicksilver+silver flask and it felt much better since your pack clear is still quite decent. You are pretty much required to have the top shield for each tier of armour when leveling or it won't feel good at all. Since I leveled it first and second day of the league I had to craft the shields myself and had to trade for good armour rolls to use or craft haku onto. If it's a second char it would be much easier because of tabula&leveling gear obviously.

Closing words and summary:
I am having a blast playing this char and have done maps up to tier 15 so far with relative ease, this has been one of the fastest map clearers I've played and it's boss damage is decent enough as well while not being spectacular of the likes of BF. I will try guardians/shaper and Elder later when I get back to playing PoE more and with better gear I don't see it being too much of a challenge.
I will do more videos on this build but can't promise anything soon.

BTW, did I mention it's a great Lab farmer? Of course it is, it's a jugg! Tanked Uber Argus with this guy when I had 4200 hp like he's nothing.

Any suggestions for the build are welcome!

UPD 22 March 2018: Added key item description (Hrimburn/Hrimsorrow) to gear, updates to the Attack speed while holding a shield stats
Last edited by Nordwolf on Mar 22, 2018, 5:23:29 AM
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2018, 5:06:56 AM
great build

How will a gladiator (max block/spell block) compare to a jugg in terms of survability?

Ty
Nice build mate!

Can you add some precision on the buildtree (order) and also on ascendancy?

Thx
Been playing around with this build while leveling my Jugg. Loving it so far. Thanks!

Have been using a Kaltenhalt for a while and that works so far, looks like that could be upgraded to a Kaltensoul as well. Waiting till 54 for the Daresso's Courage and that should be quite the upgrade.
Last edited by ukator on Mar 17, 2018, 11:59:46 AM
"
ukator wrote:
Been playing around with this build while leveling my Jugg. Loving it so far. Thanks!

Have been using a Kaltenhalt for a while and that works so far, looks like that could be upgraded to a Kaltensoul as well. Waiting till 54 for the Daresso's Courage and that should be quite the upgrade.

Ok the Daresso's wasn't an upgrade at all to a simple yellow Tower shield I picked up along the way. Upgrading to the latest one of those nearest the Ilvl of the area should be the way to go.

I've been following the Deadeye thread about SST and shields, they have the Magna Eclipsis for post 70. I'll check it out once I get there.

This character is so much more fun than I was thinking it would be.
"
ukator wrote:

I've been following the Deadeye thread about SST and shields, they have the Magna Eclipsis for post 70. I'll check it out once I get there.

This character is so much more fun than I was thinking it would be.

I have been out of the game for a while, I didn't know about this shield. I have been using a lioneyes remorse because of the high cost of rare shields, but I think I will have to check out magna eclipsis.

What are people using for a weapon? I don't know anything about these shaped items, but I picked a weapon with chance to gain onslaught as well as % phys damage to cold and % ele damage. What other mods are there available that would suit this build?
wow.lion.
"
el_indio wrote:

What are people using for a weapon? I don't know anything about these shaped items, but I picked a weapon with chance to gain onslaught as well as % phys damage to cold and % ele damage. What other mods are there available that would suit this build?

I've seen a few using foils with that phys damage to cold.
What do you think of Obscurantis with Oskarms?
"
What do you think of Obscurantis with Oskarms?

For me at least in POB I go up in damage with Obscurantis but down with Oskarms vs the Hrimburn gloves.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info