4K vs full HD monitor advice

"
pilyakaleks wrote:
I have almost the same question as the author of the post. Should I upgrade to a 4k monitor if I have an Intel® Core ™ i7-7700K processor, 8 RAM, GT 1010? I found good alternative options such as Dell U3417B and Samsung 32-inch. You've heard about such (if so, throw a couple of words of your opinion about what you think of them). And since in general I would like to hear the opinion of an understanding gamer in such pieces) Thanks...)

I'm not sure what gpu you have since there is no gt 1010, but your cpu probably will not be a bottleneck. I'm personally thinking of upgrading my monitor as well but I thinking 1440p/144hz seems like a better option for my system (ryzen 7/gtx 1080). I'm using a 1440p monitor now and it's great compared to 1080p at the same refresh rate.
Oh, thank you for noticing. I meant the video card GT 1030. Do I like widescreen monitors more like these?https://www.bestadvisor.com/best-curved-monitors Will they do? Many people have told me that widescreen monitors very much damage my eyesight, but I've been sitting with my monitor for the third year and have not complained yet) But maybe this is a scientific confirmation? What do you think?
GOOD ADMIN - A LITTLE HACKER
Last edited by pilyakaleks on Mar 15, 2018, 10:41:09 AM
"
pilyakaleks wrote:
Oh, thank you for noticing. I meant the video card GT 1030. Do I like widescreen monitors more like these?https://www.bestadvisor.com/best-curved-monitors Will they do? Many people have told me that widescreen monitors very much damage my eyesight, but I've been sitting with my monitor for the third year and have not complained yet) But maybe this is a scientific confirmation? What do you think?

a 1030 is extremely low end, like the lowest nvidia currently makes

it would make no sense for you to go beyond a 1080 monitor

personally if you have less than a 1080ti then I would not go for 4k
I dont see any any key!
I agree with the others. When I made the switch to 4k I already had a GTX 1080 and if I'm honest I had issues playing some games at 60 fps with high quality graphic settings. I moved the GTX 1080 into my daughters gaming rig and bought a GTX 1080Ti and it runs all my games at 4k much better. Not perfect but better for sure.

4k gaming really requires a top of the line video card.
In general, from your conversations guys, I realized that 4k is generally a fairy tale for children and the difference from the usual 1080 is not well, (or insignificant)?) Can you please tell me how to properly map the graphics card and the processor to select, is not strong in such matters. Thank you!)
GOOD ADMIN - A LITTLE HACKER
Last edited by pilyakaleks on Mar 26, 2018, 3:55:13 AM
"
pilyakaleks wrote:
In general, from your conversations guys, I realized that 4k is generally a fairy tale for children and the difference from the usual 1080 is not well, (or insignificant)?) Can you please tell me how to properly map the graphics card and the processor to select, is not strong in such matters. Thank you!)

wouldn't call it a fairy tale, im running most every game at 4k these days

you just need pretty darn high end stuff
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info