4K vs full HD monitor advice

Hi everyone, I’m currently using 24” full HD monitor and can’t decide if is worth to buy 4K 28” is there a big difference in quality of picture for games?I have i7 6gen 3.5ghz (don’t remember that number of it) processor, 16Gb ram, and NVIDIA gtx 1060, think it should run games on 4K OKish;) I’m just not sure if is worth t money. It is really that good? All I hear is 4K here and 4K there but I don’t have any experience with 4K gaming;) Any info will b welcome;)
Thanks
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2018, 12:06:48 PM
Your card will have trouble doing 4k at acceptable framerates. Hell, 1080s have problems doing 4k at acceptable framerates. If you are trying to get into 4k gaming, it would be best to wait, if you just want it for movies/video (Of which there arent a whole lot of sources for yet) then sure, hop on it.
HAIL SATAN!
Aha, ok ty man I mayb wait than;)

Go halfway ... 2560 x 1440 ? ... I'm using a 27'' 144hz / gsync monitor at this res and it looks stunning. But I'm very much looking forward to 4k when its viable / affordable.

Edit : Using a gtx 970 atm
Last edited by Ribbsey on Mar 10, 2018, 2:09:40 PM
Waiting for the next generation of cards is probably the best idea. The next gen high end cards should have that last little extra oomph they need to comfortably do 4k, and hopefully the manufacturing shortage will be over by then and you can get a GPU at a reasonable price.
HAIL SATAN!
1060 isn't good enough for 4k on modern games without lowering a ton of settings (near minimum, then what's the point?). And even then it probably won't be consistent 60fps.

You want a GTX 1080ti for 4k, it handles 4k quite a bit better than a regular 1080, and even then we're talking 4K at mid to high settings, not max. Like if you want consistent 60, without constant drops into the 45-50s range. And some of the more demanding games, 4k/60 is just a straight up no-go without SLI.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Mar 10, 2018, 9:29:58 PM
Thanks for explaining guys, guess I’ll wait with spending money and keep playing on full HD in 60fps;) guess once it’ll b possible I’ll b needing a whole new machine anyway;)

There are few reviews about NVIDIA Titan V as first true 4k gaming card. There was only one of 23 games that was not able to handle 60 fps.
"
Rexeos wrote:
There are few reviews about NVIDIA Titan V as first true 4k gaming card. There was only one of 23 games that was not able to handle 60 fps.

However benchmarks show that 2 1080 ti in SLI outperform Titan V and it is cheaper to get them.
I have almost the same question as the author of the post. Should I upgrade to a 4k monitor if I have an Intel® Core ™ i7-7700K processor, 8 RAM, GT 1010? I found good alternative options such as Dell U3417B and Samsung 32-inch. You've heard about such (if so, throw a couple of words of your opinion about what you think of them). And since in general I would like to hear the opinion of an understanding gamer in such pieces) Thanks...)
GOOD ADMIN - A LITTLE HACKER

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info