[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

I'm using Vicious Project Sp instead of Deadly Ailments support and i find it also find,how do you think about these two gems?
"
yummydn11111 wrote:
I'm using Vicious Project Sp instead of Deadly Ailments support and i find it also find,how do you think about these two gems?
Last time I checked, Vicious Projectiles still reduces your attack speed on Molten Strike, so it's effectively a 39% damage increase for hit and poison.

Deadly Ailments is a 64% bonus for poison and 10% reduction for hit damage.

Considering the fact that over 99% of this builds' damage should come from poison, I would say Deadly Ailments is the clear winner.
If you do want to scale your hit damage though, you should probably have a look at Vile Toxins.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Still levelling at 82 - found that upgrade:

What should i craft onto it?
Likely Choices are currently:
- (very low) life leech...(0.3-0.5)
- Flat mana
- Increased Ele Damage with Attack skills
- phys damage to attacks (not sure)
- Chaos Damage to Attacks (again, not sure)

-> do the phys damage to attacks / chaos damage to attacks affect the MS projectiles/posion damage as well or only the initial hit?

Any suggestions? It is not an endgame option, i´m still in maps T4 (didnt get a higher drop yet) - just an Upgrade to my previous ring.
"
as_69 wrote:
Still levelling at 82 - found that upgrade:

What should i craft onto it?
Likely Choices are currently:
- (very low) life leech...(0.3-0.5)
- Flat mana
- Increased Ele Damage with Attack skills
- phys damage to attacks (not sure)
- Chaos Damage to Attacks (again, not sure)

-> do the phys damage to attacks / chaos damage to attacks affect the MS projectiles/posion damage as well or only the initial hit?

Any suggestions? It is not an endgame option, i´m still in maps T4 (didnt get a higher drop yet) - just an Upgrade to my previous ring.
My recommendation for low budget rings is usually Thief's Torment, but rares also work.

Since MS converts part of the phys damage to fire and you're not using Volkuur's, the best craft would be Chaos Damage to attacks. Added damage to attacks does affect poison, as does increased damage with attack skills.
With Volkuur's Guidance, even elemental damage increases affect poison.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Mar 20, 2019, 10:47:05 AM
Cast When Damage Taken - Summon Lightning Golem - Blood Rage

^whats the best level for this gem setup?
"
Kirbmon wrote:
Cast When Damage Taken - Summon Lightning Golem - Blood Rage

^whats the best level for this gem setup?
20. Blood Rage lasts the whole map once it procs and the Lightning Golem will have more life.
Builds and Guides:

so I crafted this claw... is it worth the 1ex to craft more attack speed or should I keep crafting to try to get fire damage?
"
Movement0 wrote:

so I crafted this claw... is it worth the 1ex to craft more attack speed or should I keep crafting to try to get fire damage?
You can't get fire damage anymore with Corroded Fossils, but rolling Chaos Damage is still possible.

With the price of Aberrant/Corroded fossils being low and exalted very high right now, I'd personally keep crafting until you get two good damage prefixes (either Phys or Chaos).

You can already use this Claw to replace your Wasp Nest though.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Mar 27, 2019, 7:35:47 AM
A few questions:

- Circle of nostalgia, worth it or not? (PoB says it's about a 20% dmg increase ring with HoA buff effect & added Chaos%
- Synthesized weapons can get 20% more poison dps implicits. is it worth it over the hp/mana gain?
- Hits can't be evaded craft on claws and going dual wielding. is this worth it?
- Crown of the tyrant with a white socket (from vorici betrayal craft) seems to give about 20% more dmg. seems about the same as getting an enchant, but way cheaper? (and could get enchant as well, but that's pushing it :P)
- is Viper strike just a noob trap or is it a viable single target option? could maybe combine with charged dash for clear?
"
Blaatschaap wrote:
A few questions:
- Circle of nostalgia, worth it or not? (PoB says it's about a 20% dmg increase ring with HoA buff effect & added Chaos%
It could be an offensive budget option for the Fenumus' version - you can get better damage rings for Volkuur's Guidances.
No LgoH, life or resistances is a pretty tough tradeoff, so I wouldn't consider it for endgame content. Especially Resistances are a bit tight on this build, and you can usually get better damage in other slots that come with a lower opportunity cost.
"
- Synthesized weapons can get 20% more poison dps implicits. is it worth it over the hp/mana gain?
It's arguable, but I consider the life recovery more valuable since it's the only life recovery you have. If you can facetank, you'll have better damage uptime and also longer poison duration from Noxious Strikes.
"
- Hits can't be evaded craft on claws and going dual wielding. is this worth it?
It's local to the claw so you'd need it on both claws. That said, dual-wielding doesn't grant you that much other than the attack speed bonus.
If you plan to use that mod, it's better to instead replace Lycosidae for another shield, you can craft some pretty good rares with Betrayal.
"
- Crown of the tyrant with a white socket (from vorici betrayal craft) seems to give about 20% more dmg. seems about the same as getting an enchant, but way cheaper? (and could get enchant as well, but that's pushing it :P)
Compared to a good rare, you'd essentially trade resists (and sockets) for damage, but the damage bonus is good enough to justify that.
Unless it's on a bad unique, a helmet with enchantment is always better than one without. Think about it this way: all you'd need on a rare to be equal is a life roll, and anything else already makes it better.
I would consider it a very good option as a standalone item, but in the long term it can't replace the enchantment.
"
- is Viper strike just a noob trap or is it a viable single target option? could maybe combine with charged dash for clear?
If you're talking about stacking up 2000 poisons for the jewel and then weapon swapping to Viper Strike - that's a meme and not applicable in any serious bossfight.
Viper Strike can work, but this build isn't really cut out for it (You'd lack life recovery and probably damage aswell).
With the removal of stat sticks, Molten Strike is pretty much the best melee skill now anyways, and Vaal Double Strike would probably outperform Viper Strike as a poison single target skill aswell.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Mar 30, 2019, 7:08:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info