[3.2] Voldo's Detonate Dead Saboteur, MoM Acro Hybrid, Volatile Dead Traps

Why does it says that the video guide includes gameplay with Hydra and Atziri and then you just run some t6?
Leveling guide please :(
So I've been levelling an alt with this build in Best(iary) League and it's pretty smooth. I can't just wade into a huge pack, but I can throw Desecrate+VD around corners and they'll basically scout/clear for me.

I've been using Sunblast and a Cheap Construction jewel because it drastically cuts the downtime, especially if you're preemptively using VD. (I got the Sunblast on early and then got stuck for 5 levels when they fixed the "bug" that lowered its required level. That sucked for a bit!) If I get my hands on a second Cheap Construction, I'm wondering if 100% duration down is just like self-casting but from downtown and with enormous bonus damage. :p

I'm wondering if the traps triggering because their duration runs out still counts for things like Pyromaniac's life regen?

Also, if you don't mind, what order did you do your Ascendancy points in? I just blasted through the first Lab and blew Uncle Izzy sky-high with zero trouble, but it doesn't sound like going Pyromaniac right outta the gate is a good idea?
Every trap build I've ever played, your first Normal Lab is "Perfect Crime" and Cruel Lab is "Chain Reaction". After that I would probably suggest "Pyromaniac" for Merc Lab
Is there any reason to not take Eldritch battery with the tinkerskin combo?
Voldo, thanks for the build. This has been a real blast to play!
IGN: Shnoop
So I've been leveling this build and I would say the pathing that makes the most sense would be to rush all the trap nodes in the shadow area, head down for acrobatics and the trap throwing speed, and than to head over to the witch and templar area for the life, Mom, and area nodes. I would later head down to grab the remaining life and frenzy trap stuff in the ranger area. Thoughts on this pathing?

As for leveling, it feels pretty squishy while levelin but since I don't have pyromaniac yet i can't be sure. The damage certainly isn't lacking; act bosses and izaro die very quickly. It feels alot like a much quicker and smoother version of a typical self cast volatile dead build. I haven't really been using detonate dead as VD clears everything and I don't have the area nodes yet, but ill report back once I've leveled a bit more.
I am having some severe mana issues. Any suggestions to help with that?

Edit
Using a devouring totem it has helped may be need more mana regenration, haven't reached some of the mana regen nodes. Just finished normal lab and picked pyromaniac.
Last edited by Desarix on Apr 16, 2018, 11:53:11 PM
Voldo - Thanks for the excellent build guide. This will be my first trap build and this looks like an incredible use of the mechanics. Flashback looks like a great experiment for a build of this kind.

Any recommendations since your original posted build? Any recommendations on leveling this little guy up (ED, Traps, other?).

For those of you asking how to level up:

Just buy a fencoil and use it. Put in magma orb or whatever skill you like. You can also level with self cast Magma Orb until you can get your hands on Desecrate and Volatile Dead. If you use a fencoil, DO NOT use DD. Use VD instead.

If you can not get your hands on Fencoil/Fencoil Prophecy, the best alternative would be Deerstalker Boots. For Deerstalker, just slot in: VD, Cluter Traps, Controlled Destruction and Ele Focus. (Trap & Mine Damage until you get to Act 2 Root of the Problem quest. Then switch to C.Destruction and Ele Focus).

IF you have neither of those uniques, just use a 4 link until you can afford either of them. They're very cheap.

I personally leveled with Freezing Pulse and Fire trap until about level 18-20, that's when I switched to Fencoil (VD, Multiple Traps, Trap & Mine Damage). When I got to level 32, I bought the Fencoil prophecy for 1c and used it. With Mirebough, I just followed Voldo's links but used VD instead.

DO NOT use DD until you get Chain Reaction from Cruel Lab. Use VD until then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info