How Do YOU Eat Healthy?

"
MBata wrote:

20% body fat is fat.

That is 180lbs of weight with 150lbs lean body weight. Fat.

I'm disgusted at myself and I'm at 15-17%.

I'll feel good at 10-12%, but i'm in my late 40s.

Also 6% is really low.

Medically 10 - 20% body is considered normal and healthy. 20% is not inherently fat by any means. You CAN look fat at that % if your muscles are not defined. My cousin is 20%, but he has been doing heavy lifting for over a decade plus working the fields, and he looks like a behemoth. 17+ inch arms. Personally i do not get over ~12% as well. I prefer the really lean look.
"
BearCares wrote:
I've found that girls prefer a lil meat on me. So 180lbs of being kinda bulky is my guiding star and I have such a big head that I don't really have a choice to be 6% body fat type of guy lol. My nickname in highschool was "tank dog"

Then in college it was "country strong"

hashtag mississippi nick names

Cruising for women at Wal*Mart makes a lot more sense now.
"
MBata wrote:
"
BearCares wrote:
I've found that girls prefer a lil meat on me. So 180lbs of being kinda bulky is my guiding star and I have such a big head that I don't really have a choice to be 6% body fat type of guy lol. My nickname in highschool was "tank dog"

Then in college it was "country strong"

hashtag mississippi nick names

Cruising for women at Wal*Mart makes a lot more sense now.

Do you have any sisters?
Spoiler
(That would hopefully remind me of my cousin?)
"
BearCares wrote:
I posted before that I lost 30lbs in 2 months. I look in the mirror and the temples of my forehead look like Mr. Piccolo or something bacause my head and face look so bony at this point. Not aneroxic bony, but UFC fighter after a weight cut bony. I'm still 180lbs, after all.

But my question for clean eating people out there, is okay, if I keep eating salad and veggies, I might continue to lose weight, but I don't necessarily want to keep losing weight at this rate, I'd rather level off at 175-180 and just keep it there.

I also don't want to get fat again. Dayum, y'all should see me swag in my new jeans i just bought. Anyways, I'm so dumb with food I only know how to lose lots of weight or how to gain lots of weight. I can't maintain.

What do the clean eating people eat out there to maintain a close to ideal weight? Cut out carbs? Do you eat white rice? Chicken? Beef? I have no idea what to eat anymore. T_T

Take in:-
Lean red meat.
protein chicken.
Fish.

Avoid:-
1) meat with fats(eg hamburger), and also oily food.
2) Sugar can make you go hungry fast. (think of it as a NOS in car, u burn faster)

Its the fats that causing you that gain wgt (one of reason)
The other reason gainning wgt is your INPUT > OUTPUT.

FYI:-
1) Our intestine(large/small) contains the food we eat, as waste.
2) The food we just ate does not turn into waste immediate. (take a while).
3) There are people who forgo eating for a day per week. (i would suggest rather light-eating, just enough)
4) If u lives in cold climate, sadly, you need fats.

Disclaimer:-
I am not a doctor.
I am skinny.
The above are my own experiences and thinking.
I would avoid drastic drop in weight, its not healthy.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Last edited by starsg on Apr 3, 2018, 3:39:10 AM
Yeah I've been just doing that lately. Eating like 4000 calories one day, then 750 calories or less, the following day, then like 1250 the day after, then back to 3 or 4 thousand for the following day and repeat. For example, yesterday I ate 2 eggs. And I'm not even hungry because of how much I ate the day before. But according to my schedule I have to eat a little bit more today, the third day, despite not being hungry. So I'm eating when I'm not hungry which makes it easier to target food for its nutritional value as opposed to just wanting a pizza or something. So yeah, today I had eggs for breakfast, and will probably have an open face turkey sandwich with veggies for dinner. Just two meals today probably. I'll probably continue with 1250 calorie until I have an actual craving. Once a craving comes up I'll eat 4000 calories -> 750 -> 1250. That's how I'm doing it.

It's like path of exile how I'm always doing the stupid strategies well I'm doing a stupid eating strategy I guess too.

But I haven't started exercising yet. But I just bought work out gear so I'll have to revise eating habits then maybe.
chicken meat + salad/veggies.
You need 30g of prot , 3 time a day to avoid loosing muscle.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Chinese food
"
k1rage wrote:
Beer

I concur... LOL
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info