How Do YOU Eat Healthy?

probably not healthy but my diet is mostly meat rice and veggies

i will admit i eat too much rice
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Mar 9, 2018, 10:51:18 AM
"
BearCares wrote:
Astraph thanks man. You know it's interesting because the way that you eat is very similiar to how I lost the 30lbs to begin with. You said you used chili pepper sauce. I didn't make a sauce but I always COATED all my salad in cayenne pepper, black pepper and lemon juice. I mean make the whole thing red. Because of the lack of salt and sugar I ate, I supposedly was not retaining salt or water or whatever. It's because I read that cayenne pepper was good for inflammation and burning fat. So I guess you believe the same thing. I also ate fish 2x a week because you can't eat too much of it because of all the mercury in some kinds of fish.

I also ate small portions like a salad + 3oz of lean turkey, chicken, salmon, or tuna every 4 hours. I snacked on sunflower seeds or walnuts. And because of this I was literally always eating something and losing weight at the same time. It felt like I was always snacking so that's why it was so easy. I guess from what you are saying that I should stick to that style of eating, more or less during my 6 days. But to add more protein and to work out a lot more. Sounds good to me.

One thing I was gonna ask, I have a craving for whole wheat bread/cheese toast + brocolli and peas. That sound like a good plan? I tend to prefer to eat the same dayum thing day after day. But I would also mix in black beans/kidney beans/ asparagus.

Basically I'm asking if cheese toast, brocolli, peas could replace eating kale and spinach, as kale and spinach has started to bore me for the time being.

One last thing I LOVE eggs. But what the heck am I supposed to do with the egg yolk? Throw them all away?! Man I can't really see myself doing that. EDIT: I guess I could feed them to the dog, I guess.

Anyways thanks a lot dude. I think I've got a pretty good idea of how to go about his now.

I wouldn't eat a cheese toast. You can have it anyway as long as it fits your calories and your protein intake. Whole weats are ok in general. Some of the good complex carbs you can eat. ALso you do not have to eat alot of small meals. That is a myth. The total amount of calories is what matters, not when and how you eat them. As for eggs, let me clarify. When i say egg whites, i buy them in a bottle pasterized and i drink them mixed with milk. If i am to cook actual eggs, i never throw the yolks. Now, if yolks are bad for your cholesterol is an ongoing debate in the medical world. IMO you can eat up to 10 whole eggs a week. Just don't fry them. Boil them or something.
"
astraph wrote:

I wouldn't eat a cheese toast. You can have it anyway as long as it fits your calories and your protein intake. Whole weats are ok in general. Some of the good complex carbs you can eat. ALso you do not have to eat alot of small meals. That is a myth. The total amount of calories is what matters, not when and how you eat them. As for eggs, let me clarify. When i say egg whites, i buy them in a bottle pasterized and i drink them mixed with milk. If i am to cook actual eggs, i never throw the yolks. Now, if yolks are bad for your cholesterol is an ongoing debate in the medical world. IMO you can eat up to 10 whole eggs a week. Just don't fry them. Boil them or something.

The bold part only applies to calorie management, and doesn't at all to hormonal management in case the OP concerns himself with that
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
Ok, that's great to hear. I LOVE eggs. So here is my meal plan, I just came from Wal-Mart by the way so I'm all stocked up on veggies and shit homez.

Breakfast: 1 Green Apple (This works for my hunger control and is a satisfying start to the day. Proven for me.)

Lunch: 1 Egg, 1 slice of cheese toast

Dinner: Assorted Veggies and another slice of cheese toast.

These are my planned meals so that I have a little ceiling room left to snack throughout the day on beans or an extra egg or some shat like that. I also bought so fresh as fuck fish to eat 2x a week yo, so slam that up in there for lunch probably.

You could say that I'm a cheese toast meme or something but I'm craving it for some reason. BTW, I may WANT to eat 3 bags of cookies and cream on cheat day but I already know that's gonna fuck my stomach up way too bad I can't do that lol.

Ok, that's great to hear. I LOVE eggs. So here is my meal plan, I just came from Wal-Mart by the way so I'm all stocked up on veggies and shit homez.

Breakfast: 1 Green Apple (This works for my hunger control and is a satisfying start to the day. Proven for me.)

These are my planned meals so that I have a little ceiling room left to snack throughout the day on beans or an extra egg or some shat like that. I also bought so fresh as fuck fish to eat 2x a week yo, so slam that up in there for lunch probably.

You could say that I'm a cheese toast meme or something but I'm craving it for some reason. BTW, I may WANT to eat 3 bags of cookies and cream on cheat day but I already know that's gonna fuck my stomach up way too bad I can't do that lol.

EDITS - oops i probably didn't get enough protein... gonna look into goat's milk to see what's up there
I didn’t read the thread yet, but I figure potential redundancy is just reinforcement.

It’s simple. Really. Everything that’s a problem is a problem because it’s a solution for something else: distribution and convenience.

Zero artificial sweeteners, nearly zero added sugars, nearly zero boxed or pre-prepared (fast) foods. All raw ingredient, and you work to eat (make your own meals, damn it).

Added sugars aren’t just in junk food, they’re in nearly all processed foods. Limit your intake to only the things you buy as a treat. Still treat yourself, no reason you can’t enjoy an occasional chocolate, but like.. soda isn’t water. I have a piece of chocolate maybe once a week, every other week, and only drink a soda when we go out for pizza or burgers (real burgers, like Five Guys, not McDonalds). I still eat too much fast food because it’s hard not to, but that’s not an excuse; you can either have health or convenience, and I’m slowly working my way away from the latter. It’s been nice, because when we do get junk food, it’s premium fucking quality and precedes a well deserved lazy evening. It also implies that I earned a lazy evening, which is rewarding in itself.

Also, opinion: diets are necessary for some people, but they’re also sort of a lie—necessarily taking one extreme to another because it works. Eat whatever the hell you want, so long as you can make it from scratch. That’s my “diet.” Just know you won’t do it over night, it takes work and new habits.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Mar 9, 2018, 10:09:36 PM
"
D3izhistory wrote:
"
astraph wrote:

The bold part only applies to calorie management, and doesn't at all to hormonal management in case the OP concerns himself with that

Well i would like to believe that but i do not. The "lot's of small meals" group claims increased metabolism. The Intermittent fasting group claims that eating a few meals on a small window per day increases insulin sensitivity which helps burn more fat. A ton of scientific research has failed to prove any benefit to either approach. Personally i eat alot of small meals because that works for me, as in i do not feel hungry. The right approach is the one that works for you. You should set your calorie and nutrient goals and eat when you are hungry.

Also one of the biggest myths around is that you should not eat at night. Total BS that has been disproved scientifically 100%. Again calorie management. If you are more hungry at night, eat your most of your calories at night. Actually a research on Israeli Military showed the opposite. They divided 2 groups, one ate 80% of its calories in the morning, the other on night. The night group on average lost more weight. But again not statistically different.

99% of the equation is WHAT you eat, not when you eat it.
"
BearCares wrote:

EDITS - oops i probably didn't get enough protein... gonna look into goat's milk to see what's up there

Yeah, your plan consists of very little protein. You should definetely increase IF you are to start weight training and take it seriously. The problem with carbs, even whole wheat is that they are very calorie dense. Too many calories stacked in a very small portion with no protein. All your meals should consist some protein. Cheese is a good food that has protein, but again it is pretty dense caloricaly due to the high amount of fat. Fat is not bad. Fat is actually good as long as it is not trans (while keeping saturated ones minimal as well). The problem is that fat also contains too many calories.
"
astraph wrote:

Well i would like to believe that but i do not. The "lot's of small meals" group claims increased metabolism. The Intermittent fasting group claims that eating a few meals on a small window per day increases insulin sensitivity which helps burn more fat. A ton of scientific research has failed to prove any benefit to either approach. Personally i eat alot of small meals because that works for me, as in i do not feel hungry. The right approach is the one that works for you. You should set your calorie and nutrient goals and eat when you are hungry.

Also one of the biggest myths around is that you should not eat at night. Total BS that has been disproved scientifically 100%. Again calorie management. If you are more hungry at night, eat your most of your calories at night. Actually a research on Israeli Military showed the opposite. They divided 2 groups, one ate 80% of its calories in the morning, the other on night. The night group on average lost more weight. But again not statistically different.

99% of the equation is WHAT you eat, not when you eat it.

i wasn't referring to insulin as the hormone but Test and HGH, IF (intermittent fasting for everyone else) has scientifically been proven to increase these levels ultimately resulting in a faster metabolism and increased cognitive functioning

p.s. i wasn't correcting you in the first place, just pointing out that anyone's feeding window will also impact hormonal levels and mood
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
DIETARY KOMBAAAAAT~ da du da du da du da du du doo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info