[3.3] Fiery Shockwaves, Totems Galore (HC/SC, cheap, beginner-friendly)

Double post, sry
Last edited by tomay on Mar 25, 2018, 3:41:06 AM
"
foojin wrote:
Ever considered blade flurry - blind - faster attack - incr crit for proccing EO and blind? It's much better and quicker then OoS.

The problem with Blade Flurry:

"
Requires a Dagger, Claw or One-Handed Sword.

The build as is gains a lot of DPS from a decent sceptre, a dagger isn't really feasible.

As I said a crit version is certainly possible but it will be a lot less tanky (dual wield daggers, more crit nodes at the expense of life/regen in tree).

Sure there are many ways to skin this particular cat, pretty much any spell can crit and trigger EO really. I chose Orb of Storm because it fits the theme of a totem build; although technically not a totem, OoS acts pretty much like one. But you can use whatever floats your boat. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Mar 26, 2018, 8:04:50 AM
Thanks for a build.

1. Can u add a videos plase?
2. What about to start new HC league with this build (HC bestiary for example)?
3. Did u played this build in HC league?
4. What about leveling gems? With what we need leveling?

Thx again and sry about my english!
Last edited by Kaddomir on Apr 18, 2018, 3:55:04 AM
"
Kaddomir wrote:
1. Can u add a videos plase?

I'm afraid not, my old "potato" isn't cut out for video capturing, sorry... but I did link a video of a Fire SWT Chieftain using The Cauteriser, only two totems and Leap Slam, the game play is pretty much the same but the Scion with shield, sceptre, three or four totems and Shield Charge is much faster.

"
Kaddomir wrote:
3. Did u played this build in HC league?

I did not.

"
Kaddomir wrote:
2. What about to start new HC league with this build (HC bestiary for example)?

I suppose the build is as HC-viable as any totem build if not more so. My Scion has almost 9k HP (not even using Belly of the Beast), a sh*t ton of life regeneration, totem leech and is "protected" by four totems... all this makes for very safe game play. In HC I'd probably use Lioneye's Remorse (much more Life and a lot cheaper than Tukohama's Fortress) and a Stone Golem (even more life regeneration and Taunt) instead of the Lightning Golem.

"
Kaddomir wrote:
4. What about leveling gems? With what we need leveling?

Do you mean which skills to start with? You can use any skill you like really to get to lvl 28, the requirement for Shockwave Totem. Flame Totem and Magma Orb for example works just fine. At lvl 18 you should reach Ancestral Bond and with two Flame Totems you will get to lvl 28 in no time. By then you should have Blood Magic and Avatar of Fire and you're good to roll (remember to acquire Hrimsorrow and the Cold to Fire gem before you spec into Avatar). At lvl 38 you can equip Essence Worm and Hatred will send your totem damage through the roof, after the second Lab you will get your third totem and then there's no stopping you. ;)

"
Kaddomir wrote:
Thx again and sry about my english!

You're very welcome and your English is just fine. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Apr 21, 2018, 12:59:50 AM
I was looking at your profile and couldn't find your character in the league.
Last edited by Awesome_Pio on Jun 4, 2018, 9:55:43 AM
Not playing Incursion but nothing has changed and the build works just as well in 3.3.

I've just re-rolled for Flame Totems now (Chieftain/Hierophant/Path of the Templar), very similar but seems to be even stronger.
I played around in PoB and improved it.
https://pastebin.com/qgAKrvZT
Last edited by Chadlightenment on Aug 19, 2018, 6:14:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info