[3.2] Tec Slammin' Juggs

Special shout-out to Yeti (twitch.tv/xiyeti) for helping me out with the pathing and helping bring the dream to life

The Inspiration

In Abyss, I played Ngamahu's Cyclone, so I knew in Bestiary I wanted to play another phys->fire build, but with a little more control than cyclone. When the Tectonic Slam ability was announced, I knew I wanted to base my league starter around it.

This is a pretty balanced build, coming in with around 6800 life and roughly 870k Shaper DPS with flasks/procs/god tier gear.

Path of Building Stats

The build is also pretty cheap - any gear that is expensive can be swapped out without too much of an issue, making this a great league starter too.

The Final Tree:

Spoiler
  • The tree changes slightly depending on whether you have Xoph's Blood.
  • Here is the Path of Building assuming we have Xoph's Blood: https://pastebin.com/Fxzk8du4

With Xoph's Blood
  • With Xoph's Blood, we don't need to take Avatar of Fire, so we'll take Retribution and Precision near the Templar starting area instead.

Without Xoph's Blood
  • Avatar of Fire is critical for this build, so if we don't have Xoph's Blood, we'll forgo Retribution and Precision for Avatar of Fire.

Banditos

Spoiler
Kill 'em all ;)

Ascendancy

Spoiler

• Your Normal Labyrinth should be either Undeniable or Unflinching, depending on how the build feels to you at the time. If you feel like you're surviving things easily but not doing much damage, take Undeniable. If you feel like you're doing plenty of damage but not surviving, take Unflinching.
  • For your Cruel Labyrinth, you should take whatever you did not in the first bullet point.
  • Your Merciless Labyrinth should go to Unbreakable
  • Your Eternal Labyrinth should get you Unrelenting

Explanation
Undeniable
This is your huge DPS node on the Ascendancy tree. While it's true that this build does not benefit from the crit multiplier damage from critical strikes, we can still benefit from the 30% increased damage when we do critical strike. Additionally, the extra hit chance really helps early on with leveling. Later on, we will have permanent 100% hit chance, but we will still benefit from the increased attack speed based on accuracy rating.

Unflinching
Another extremely powerful node for this build. We don't stack evasion on this build, so we're going to get hit a lot. We have a 30% chance to gain an endurance charge when hit (this will proc frequently). We have a guaranteed rate of 1 charge per second if we've been hit recently (will ALWAYS proc). Additionally, of the chances above to gain an endurance charge, we have a 25% chance to gain full endurance charges. Essentially, we will always be on full endurance charges from this node alone. This is extremely useful since our main skill, Tectonic Slam, will be constantly eating charges for the 18% additional damage!
Note: Until you take this node, you will be forced into spamming Enduring Cry to generate Endurance Charges... which is painful to say the least. This makes this a great quality of life node as well.

Unbreakable
Huge defensive node. There are certain circumstances where taking Unrelenting first would be preferable, but most of the time Unbreakable will be the node you grab first. I only recommend taking Unrelenting before Unbreakable if you have 5 or more max endurance charges.

Unrelenting
Another powerful defensive node, unfortunately we don't always benefit from the 8% reduced elemental damage while at maximum Endurance Charges due to the fact that Tectonic Slam is constantly eating charges. However, an additional 7% physical damage reduction after grabbing all of the Endurance Charge nodes on the passive tree is VERY NICE.

Unyielding
This is a great node, but it's one that looks a little better on paper than it plays in-game. It only ends up being about a 3% total DPS increase at 7 Endurance charges according to PoB. Our Endurance Charge generation is already phenomenal with Unflinching, which makes that part of the node undesirable. Finally, since we don't need the endurance charges from stuns, we really don't need the increased stun duration per endurance charge either.

Unstoppable
There are much better nodes.

Gear

Recommended Gear
  • Weapon:

Kongor's Undying Rage - High phys roll, crit chance for Undeniable, All Res, Free resolute technique (but better!), and Onslaught on crits!
  • Helmet:

Hrimnor's Resolve - Nice armour % increase, % fire damage increase, max life, cold res, and immune to the worst ailments in the game. 10/10
  • Body Armour:

Kaom's Plate - Not much to say here, gives a metric crap ton of life and % fire damage
  • Gloves:

Spiked gloves or Titan Gauntlets - I think that well rolled Spiked Gloves come out a little ahead of Titan gauntlets number-wise at the cost of not being able to enchant them and keep the % melee damage.
  • Boots:

Titan Greaves
  • Amulet:
    Xoph's Blood - We get Covered in Ash which is a massive DPS increase as well as getting Avatar of Fire for free which is integral to the build. To top it off, we get max life %, fire res, % increase strength, and fire resistance penetration.
  • Rings:

Opal Rings reign supreme here with the % increased elemental damage implicit rolls. If you can get some with % fire damage and a high life roll, you're in business.
  • Belt:

My preferred belt is the rustic sash for the % increased physical damage. Finding a nice Stygian Vise (preferably with 2 abyss sockets) could probably be really nice too.

Optional Gear

I realize not everyone will be able to afford all of the gear right off the bat (I'm looking at you,
Kaom's Heart and Xoph's Blood!) The important pieces are Hrimnor's Resolve (Starting at 1 alch right now) and Kongor's Undying Rage (starting at 1 alch, 5-links are running for 30-40c at the time of the writing). Here are some alternatives for the other gear:

• Body Armour:

You can get a decently rolled Astral Plate if you need the resistances or a Glorious plate for extra armour.
  • Amulet:

You can really go for any amulet you need the implicit rolls for
  • Rings:

You can pretty much use any ring you need to cap your resistances. Diamond rings, iron rings, and steel rings are all nice also... just make sure your resistances are capped!

Rolls to look for in rares

Here are some rolls you want to be looking out for when buying/crafting/id'ing gear (These are also the stats you want to look for when getting your jewels for the passive tree):
  • Elemental resistances - Keep them capped!
  • Life
  • Increased elemental damage with attack skills
  • Attack speed
  • % movement speed
  • Physical damage to attacks
  • Fire damage to attacks
  • % fire damage
  • % Armour

Flasks

My Take on Flasks. Acceptable to use Magic flasks, I just prefer these!

Pantheon

Major
I like to go Lunaris since I map more frequently

Minor
I like Gruthkul for this build, but valid arguments could be made for most of them,
this is mostly preferential.

Gems

Spoiler

These are listed in the order of importance so it is easier to determine which gems to socket at lower socket counts. Asterisks denote crucial gems.
4R 2B
  • Tectonic Slam *
  • Elemental Damage With Attacks
  • Concentrated Effect
  • Melee Physical Damage
  • Fire Penetration
  • Elemental Focus

3R 1G
  • Ancestral Warchief *
  • Faster Attacks
  • Fortify
  • Leap Slam

3R 1G
  • Hatred *
  • Immortal Call
  • Cast when Damage Taken
  • Increased Duration

2R 1G
  • Herald of Ash *
  • Blood Rage *
  • Enduring Cry (can be taken out once Unflinching is taken)

Leveling

Spoiler
WIP

Gameplay Videos

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/jrXtjgxt_vA
Rare Shaped Ancient City with Zana Nemesis mod, level 87, using:
Twitch: twitch.tv/MySurvive
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MySurvive_
Discord: discord.gg/ztCrAdJ
Last edited by MySurvive on Mar 9, 2018, 2:25:58 PM
Last bumped on Mar 9, 2018, 12:46:12 AM
Added Gameplay video of Rare Shaped Ancient City with Zana Nemesis mod
Hey! I went jugg this league (BHC) and ended up with a very similar build but I'm only lvl 76.

I definitely want to try out Hrimnor' Resolve with it.

I also wanted to try Oskarms, but again.. can't afford it yet

Two questions:
1) I feel like my speed outpaces my Endurance Charge generation. Since I'm HC, I really want them high/max. How are they at your level? (I really want the 40% enchant...but I'm poor and unlucky)
2) Have you tried Unyeilding over Unrelenting?
"
Vagrant108 wrote:
Hey! I went jugg this league (BHC) and ended up with a very similar build but I'm only lvl 76.

I definitely want to try out Hrimnor' Resolve with it.

I also wanted to try Oskarms, but again.. can't afford it yet

Two questions:
1) I feel like my speed outpaces my Endurance Charge generation. Since I'm HC, I really want them high/max. How are they at your level? (I really want the 40% enchant...but I'm poor and unlucky)
2) Have you tried Unyeilding over Unrelenting?

Hey Vagrant, thanks for the response. Good question!

First and foremost, I highly recommend grabbing a Hrimnor's. It has a ton of stats that we need and comes with cold res (resistance is typically lacking in uniques, so it's really nice that it's there). In softcore, they were 1c on the first day (when I got it) so you really can't beat the price either!

1. I notice very little downtime with my endurance charges. The biggest issue is building them up going into a boss fight. For something like Izaro, it's probably best to run around until the minions pop and let one of them take a whack at you to start generating charges. I too, am poor and unlucky, so no helm enchant for me either :(.

2. Unyielding is one of those keystones that looks really great written down, but in reality is really lackluster. I imagine it would be really useful in a permastun build, but that's not what we're going for here. Numbers-wise, it's actually only about a 3 percent increase in dps. Since you are playing a HC character, I'm doubling down on my assertion that the 7% additional phys reduction and 8% reduced ele damage (at max charges) is far superior.

In HC, make sure that you're taking CWDT/Immortal Call/Increased Duration/(and maybe Phase Run). It will expend your endurance charges, but you're invulnerable while being hit (and therefore gaining endurance charges while being invulnerable).

Something else that was pointed out to me earlier was that we may want to swap increased duration on the ancestral warchief/faster attacks/leap slam 4-link for fortify. That way, we can leap slam onto a pack or onto a boss and gain Fortify!

Happy hunting!
Last edited by MySurvive on Mar 9, 2018, 12:49:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info