[3.4] Varunastra Any Skill/Ice Crash/Flicker/Reave/Infernal Blow/Spectral Throw | 8M+ Shaper DPS

I quit PoE, so I won't be making any updates or changes to my builds. If you manage to update or improve any of them, please share it in the build thread or PM me so others can benefit! I will link it in the OP too.

This guide is not for players completely new to Path of Exile. Some knowledge and experience is required.

Single Target:
Very High DPS (8M+ with melee skills, 1-4mil with projectile skills. 20M+ with legacy gear)

Clear Speed:
Very Fast to Average depending on your choice of gems.

Survivability:
-5 to 5.8k Bossing Life depending on your setup. 4 to 4.8k Mapping Life. Slayer Overleech. The PoB config has 5.4k life. Can be curse immune on bosses if they don't inflict bleed, or you swap The Wise Oak for a bleed immune flask.
-Can Stun and Freeze lock bosses with a skill like Ice Crash and Ruthless. Blade Flurry can also Freeze lock bosses when you have enough damage.
-CWDT blind setup combined with Acrobatics for 62% Evade and 34% Dodge (79% Attack Avoidance).
-Arctic Armour for phys mitigation.
-Note that the current config isn't resistance capped on elemental weakness maps without The Wise Oak active. However, this seems to be fine for clearing maps since we one shot everything. Adjust your resistances if needed.

Path of Building Code
Guide to using PoB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLpKZVNTOo8
PoB Code Melee: https://pastebin.com/rq6q5XVH
PoB Code Projectile: https://pastebin.com/cpTLUvLv
My Standard Build (28M DPS, 4.6k Life Instant Leech, 80% res): https://pastebin.com/rFAZEgc6
Select the appropriate tree and item set

Based on my character "EleFlur"

This build uses Flicker Strike for map clear and Blade Flurry for bosses, but you can use any attack skills you want. Melee skills are recommended for maximum DPS.

Bosses Safely Killed
Uber Elder (With Abyssus, done with a few gem modifications and 4.8k life 15M DPS in standard. Practiced with https://poesimulator.github.io/)
T15 Elder & his Guardians
Shaper & his Guardians [In standard with 15M DPS, No Fortify, No Legacy Acuity] (Notes: Pheonix: Will 1 shot you with his Firebomb. Chimera: Chaos snakes can 1 shot you)
T15 and Lower
... will add more

Notes From PoB
The projectile item set doesn't require an Abyssus if you're mainly using the projectile to deal damage.
Herald of Ice may be used instead of Ash for projectile clear speed.

If you don't have Taste of Hate, try to balance all of your resists for The Wise Oak. Or just make your highest damage element penetrate.
If you do have Taste of Hate, then balancing isn't needed because it will likely make your cold resistance highest. But triple balancing could still help in some boss fights.

Use the Pre-Varunastra Tree and gear for leveling. It uses claws and Blade Flurry. Missing gear can whatever your prefer while leveling.

Once you have Merciless Lab and the Path of the Ranger, you can respec the Scion starting area points and start using the Default Varunastra tree.

For clearing maps, use a Tabula Rasa, Skin of the Loyal, or Inpulsa's Broken Heart for your other set of gems. Also, switch the off-hand to another Varunstra for skills that use both weapons.

If you hit hard enough to get at least 20% or more shock effect on bosses (see below), then switch the amulet to Yoke of Suffering. You can also switch if you use Ice Crash as it hits hard enough.

Shock Tables
https://imgur.com/uBiMbVO
Note: If you have increased effect of shock or non-damaging ailements somewhere, then multiply the shock damage multplier by that to get the new multiplier.

Flicker Strike Frenzy Sustain Tips:
1. Blood Rage. Already in build.
2. Poacher's Mark (Doesn't work on Hexproof Maps):
-a. Use Blasphemy Poacher's Mark and drop Herald of Ash and Arctic Armour.
-b. Use an Elder ring with Poacher's Mark on hit. ilvl 80 for lvl 12 curse.
3. Use the exact setup in the PoB for Flicker Strike. This seemed to work best for me.
4. Swap Phys to Lightning for Ice Bite. Untested, might help.
5. Get more damage. If you have enough damage, you wont lose charges on packs or rares.
6. You may have trouble killing rares with flicker strike unless you have very high damage. If you're struggling to sustain on a rare, go kill a pack and come back.

Check out my other build guides
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2115434
Please message me on Discord from the MF Academy instead of PMing me on the forum.
Last edited by SodaPop9 on Jul 27, 2019, 2:14:52 AM
Last bumped on Oct 29, 2018, 1:46:52 PM
Very interested in making this build.

Have you tried uber elder with this? and how did it go?

Im trying to calculate my damage in POB without the legacy gear. Any info would be helpful!

Thanks!
This is complete crap, don't use POB to blow up numbers by inserting all the dps gems with 9links
standard crap
let's move on
"
AMP500 wrote:
Very interested in making this build.

Have you tried uber elder with this? and how did it go?

Im trying to calculate my damage in POB without the legacy gear. Any info would be helpful!

Thanks!

This build can very easily kill Shaper and T15 Elder. But I haven't tried Uber Elder, so I can't comment on that. I will add a temp league PoB soon after I post my other builds on the forum. If you're looking for something more tanky (7-8k+ life) and around half the dps, take a look at my Oni-Gorishi molten strike build I will be posting shortly.

"
rane477 wrote:
This is complete crap, don't use POB to blow up numbers by inserting all the dps gems with 9links

If I did that over 35mil dps. I don't even have 21/20 gems in my 6L. Maybe look at the PoB before you post.

"
Inferius90 wrote:
standard crap
let's move on

Thanks for feedback. I will add a league PoB later.
Please message me on Discord from the MF Academy instead of PMing me on the forum.
Last edited by SodaPop9 on Mar 19, 2018, 7:37:04 PM
Final Path of Building code posted. Includes League and Standard item sets. Also added some notes to it for leveling and shock.

UPDATE:
Made a few fixes to previous update.
Last edited by SodaPop9 on Mar 19, 2018, 11:50:42 PM
looks interesting, do you have any videos of it being played?
Update:
Made a few crafted mod adjustments to the current gear
Added new notes and made some changes to existing notes.
Updated PoB Code.
Update 2:
"CWDT blind setup combined with Acrobatics for 62% Evade and 34% Dodge."

"
adddemon wrote:
looks interesting, do you have any videos of it being played?

No I dont, but you can go on YouTube and search "[Insert Skill Here] poe]" to see what the different skills look like. This build will be like that but can 1 shot packs and move very fast with whirling blades.

If anyone has questions on how to sustain flicker, let me know and I'll add notes on it.
Last edited by SodaPop9 on Mar 22, 2018, 10:07:15 PM
and how u sustain frenzy charges?oO cant find anything,expect bloodrage (which was never enough for flicker on its own)
"
Melanholic7 wrote:
and how u sustain frenzy charges?oO cant find anything,expect bloodrage (which was never enough for flicker on its own)

There are a few things that can help you to sustain Flicker.
0. Blood Rage. Already in build.
1. Poacher's Mark (Doesn't work on Hexproof Maps):
-a. Use Blasphemy Poacher's Mark and drop Herald of Ash and Arctic Armour.
-b. Use an Elder ring with Poacher's Mark on hit. ilvl 80 for lvl 12 curse.
2. Use the exact setup in the PoB for Flicker Strike. This seemed to work best for me.
4. Swap Phys to Lightning for Ice Bite. Untested, might help.
5. Get more damage. If you have enough damage, you wont lose charges on packs or rares.
6. You may have trouble killing rares with flicker strike unless you have very high damage. If you're struggling to sustain on a rare, go kill a pack and come back.
Last edited by SodaPop9 on Mar 25, 2018, 11:23:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info