[3.2] Nebulator - Dual Nebuloch Molten Strike Jugg - T16, Cheap, Shaper Viable [With Video Guide]

"
haGrOck wrote:
"
Kursed_one wrote:
"
haGrOck wrote:
what do you think about this route on tree?

poeurl.com/bO05

Many bad decisions for points. You can check tree in PoB

What do you mean with many bad decisions for points?

I have checked your tree already but I think my theory-crafted one could be better. It has more dmg, more accuracy, more attack Speed, more life, more life reg, more armour, more chaos res and one more jewel socket than you tree with a bit less Points.

Ah, I forgot to pick some important nodes and have now more points spent. Would be an endgame tree then with 120 points spent.

poeurl.com/bO1L

Still better than yours I think, since your route offers not much good options for the rest of the points.

Friend, before trying to explain why your decision better, just try it on path of building) Let see in PoB stats. Simple numbers - my tree 113 points (without Avatar and with xoph's), yours - 120
my stats 386k/64k dps - your 338/59k
You didn't pick up retribution and ambidexterity but molten strike with slow nebuloch need it.
That's it)
Last edited by Kursed_one on Mar 9, 2018, 5:02:56 PM
Is there any proof that your concept of a Molten Strike build is Shaper viable? Or even Red Elder Viable? The damage in POB is horrendous and you're using Melee Physical Support and Ruthless for Molten Strike. Also, why Lion's Roar?

Why would you put "Shaper Viable [Video]" in the title without providing even concept proof or an actual video of a Shaper attempt?
I like you concept a lot. I'll try it.
"
TheKurosawa wrote:
Is there any proof that your concept of a Molten Strike build is Shaper viable? Or even Red Elder Viable? The damage in POB is horrendous and you're using Melee Physical Support and Ruthless for Molten Strike. Also, why Lion's Roar?

Why would you put "Shaper Viable [Video]" in the title without providing even concept proof or an actual video of a Shaper attempt?

I don't record shaper fight, because struggle with fps (you can check it on videos). When molten balls, shaper beam and vortex ground is on, my pc with open OBS is dying and fight was really laggy. I maybe try to record it later.
But also, you can check how easy and fast character kill chimera and other bosses on videos. Molten strike is OP.

Sorry for misunderstood. Video on Title means not only shaper. I actualise this.

That's my main setup for farming. You can use conc effect and phys proj for better molten damage, but I don't know which setup is better. You can use fire pen also, for swap it on ancestrall call. I added this to PoB link and will testing more too. Maybe that better option.

Lion's roar grant's great survaivability with knockback and roar, and yes, that add damage too)
Last edited by Kursed_one on Mar 10, 2018, 7:56:10 AM
А куда советуешь по ветке идти, вверх или низ-лево?
PoB isnt really giving you a good impression of MS damage. First, MS does have a melee and a projectile portion and you need to add those up manually and secondly you dont know how many balls exactly will hit the enemy, because that depends on spread pattern, movement, aoe and last but not least enemy model size. Also PoB makes no calculations whatsoever about the NUMBER of molten strike projectiles.

I played a scion last league. A single MS proj might only do 40'is thousand dmg. But if you create around 120 of these bad boys a second it is fair to asume that the damage was absurd, despite the low number in the PoB sheet.
"
Rakschas666 wrote:
PoB isnt really giving you a good impression of MS damage. First, MS does have a melee and a projectile portion and you need to add those up manually and secondly you dont know how many balls exactly will hit the enemy, because that depends on spread pattern, movement, aoe and last but not least enemy model size. Also PoB makes no calculations whatsoever about the NUMBER of molten strike projectiles.

I played a scion last league. A single MS proj might only do 40'is thousand dmg. But if you create around 120 of these bad boys a second it is fair to asume that the damage was absurd, despite the low number in the PoB sheet.

Yes and no. PoB can calculate numbers of buff for endur charges on nebuloch, ash damage and penetration. You also can check dps numbers from hit and balls. For be clearer you can check another molten strike builds with PoB links and compare this with your build.
"
Kursed_one wrote:

Yes and no. PoB can calculate numbers of buff for endur charges on nebuloch, ash damage and penetration. You also can check dps numbers from hit and balls. For be clearer you can check another molten strike builds with PoB links and compare this with your build.

I think you missunderstand. PoB calculates the damage of the melee portion and of a single Molten Strike projectile correctly. We agree on that.

What PoB doesnt do is calcualte how many projectiles are expended and are likely to hit the enemy. It is a VERY complicated calculation, because a lot of the performance is situational and dependent on multiple factors that PoB doesnt allow accounting for.

Also your build is mighty fine, it will probably even work well with the new crab set uniques.
Last edited by Rakschas666 on Mar 10, 2018, 4:45:56 PM
"
Rakschas666 wrote:
"
Kursed_one wrote:

I think you missunderstand. PoB calculates the damage of the melee portion and of a single Molten Strike projectile correctly. We agree on that.

What PoB doesnt do is calcualte how many projectiles are expended and are likely to hit the enemy. It is a VERY complicated calculation, because a lot of the performance is situational and dependent on multiple factors that PoB doesnt allow accounting for.

Also your build is mighty fine, it will probably even work well with the new crab set uniques.

I understand this :) And I'm answer that Yes and No — Yes, you can calculate single target melee damage, single ball, boost from endur charges with nebuloch and gain from penetration and ash. That help for understood which point better - penetration and attack speed, or phys damage etc.

No - you can't calculate All damage from molten balls. That will be strange to killing minotaur in seconds with 130dps ;)
"
Kursed_one wrote:
"
TheKurosawa wrote:

I don't record shaper fight, because struggle with fps (you can check it on videos). When molten balls, shaper beam and vortex ground is on, my pc with open OBS is dying and fight was really laggy. I maybe try to record it later.
But also, you can check how easy and fast character kill chimera and other bosses on videos. Molten strike is OP.

Sorry for misunderstood. Video on Title means not only shaper. I actualise this.

That's my main setup for farming. You can use conc effect and phys proj for better molten damage, but I don't know which setup is better. You can use fire pen also, for swap it on ancestrall call. I added this to PoB link and will testing more too. Maybe that better option.

Lion's roar grant's great survaivability with knockback and roar, and yes, that add damage too)

Melee Physical Damage and Lion's Roar add literally nothing (0) to the dmg of the projectiles.

I run a successfull Dual Grelwood Shank Molten Strike Juggeraut on Bestiary atm and I was interested of the Dual Nebuloch idea, since it's very promising: All the adds per Endurance Charge. But I switched and tried a bit around yesterday and ist so damn slow..due to the nature of slow Nebulochs.

I looked up your tree in PoB again and it has an attack rate of 3.something, while I have with Dual Grelwoods an attack rate of 9.something in PoB with my build. Sure, this is a completely different build with different main weapon Setup. But the question is, why should I play a build that is slower which only can use clunky Leap Slam? Yeah ofc, it's not always about effectiveness...but in the the builds are the same. Jump/whirl into or in front of a mob, release a flood of molten balls, and move on while everything dies. Dual Grelwood Shanks offer such a nice clear and traveling Speed and the only reason to use Nebuloch is maybe the insane regen, but that's also to Counter the insane Degen. and you can't use Anger, since you (have to?) use Arctic Armor and Purity of Fire.

I will try around about your build later a bit more, when I'm deeper into red maps with more currency but I guess I'll stick to the dual Grelwood Shanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info