[3.4] Zerphi Poet VD - Easiest Uber Elder build - Twinned kill - 20000+ life recovery per sec

"
DackBradshaw wrote:
I've also experienced no skipping issues with The Flow Untethered on my PP Hierophant; with and without Bodyswap socketed. Maybe OP didn't account for the attack speed roll on the belt?

AFAIK, the buff granted by the Harbinger of Time isn't any sort of attack speed increase, but rather an animation speed increase. Because of that, you can easily munch your casts if you are playing on Predictive mode, or your latency is high. When i was playing LL VD Poet's Pen with Indigon, I definitely noticed how messed up things would be with the Harbinger buff active, but it was fine when my latency wasn't above 40.
"
Rakaji wrote:
"
DackBradshaw wrote:
I've also experienced no skipping issues with The Flow Untethered on my PP Hierophant; with and without Bodyswap socketed. Maybe OP didn't account for the attack speed roll on the belt?

AFAIK, the buff granted by the Harbinger of Time isn't any sort of attack speed increase, but rather an animation speed increase. Because of that, you can easily munch your casts if you are playing on Predictive mode, or your latency is high. When i was playing LL VD Poet's Pen with Indigon, I definitely noticed how messed up things would be with the Harbinger buff active, but it was fine when my latency wasn't above 40.

Yea like i mentioned in my post above DeckBradshaw, it's basicly a MORE multiplier to your entire character. Only thing i'm not fully sure of is if it also affect cooldown but it sure feels like it, While im bodyswapping in maps and it procs, i get super fast. Just like with an acceleration shrine.

Action speed speeds up your entire character.

However you mentioned one important thing. I do play on predictive due my ping can spike and never liked how sheildcharge feels with lockstep (slower)
And i'm usualy around 20-30 MS whenever my isp isn't messing up.

So the MS part could play a huge part in it. Especially since procs are quite MS reliant.
Good example is when i play with my friend from US i've 150-200 ms at minimum and there i skip casts a lot, which makes using bodyswap very annoying when trying to keep up. In those cases a quicksilver does the jobb better funny enough.
Thx for this great build! Just defeated Uber Elder at level 84. No Watcher's eye jewel, no kaom roots. Die 3 times, because I failed to dodge shaper and elder slams haha. Otherwise no problem at all.

My eq in uber elder combat:
Spoiler
"
_SleeZy_ wrote:
However you mentioned one important thing. I do play on predictive due my ping can spike and never liked how sheildcharge feels with lockstep (slower)
And i'm usualy around 20-30 MS whenever my isp isn't messing up.

So the MS part could play a huge part in it. Especially since procs are quite MS reliant.
Good example is when i play with my friend from US i've 150-200 ms at minimum and there i skip casts a lot, which makes using bodyswap very annoying when trying to keep up. In those cases a quicksilver does the jobb better funny enough.

I tested with a setup where I was barely below cooldown but I didn't skip casts at all without the Harbinger buff, but when I had the buff I was missing every second. I used bodyswap for test to see the difference easier. I'm at around 40-60ms ping and lockstep.

About Bodyswap in the actualy setup tho, I think it shouldn't be used at bosses because you lose DPS with it. Poet's pen alternates between socketed gems when you have more than one, so when you have Unearth, GMP, Bodyswap, you only create 5 corpses every 2 attacks, or average 2.5 per attack, but you still cast VD at every single attack, requiring 3 (4 with enchant) each. You can fix it with a Dying Sun, but you don't get much else from it, so in my opinions not worth it. When just mapping Bodyswap is still fine anyway, because you get a lot of corpses from the map monsters and you can gain clear speed with it.

IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
_SleeZy_ wrote:
Edit: also got this selfound belt i could use instead of untethered.

But it's to low cdr, so i prefer not to use it.

I guess i could save up for a better one, but atm i'm pretty happy with the flow untethered.

Don't know your budget, but imo try to craft one instead of buying, I typically see popular meta items like that too overpriced, and after I rolled my belts I can recommend it over buying them.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
so what do you guys think the nerf to zerphi's will be? XD
how are you using mana if everything is linked to blood magic?

*NVM IM DUMB I DIDNT SEE MOM
Last edited by MrDuckle on Apr 25, 2018, 6:04:45 AM
Hi,thanks for the awesome build guide.
Got a few questions without answers after reading the full build ^^

■ Why do you say dodge/evade chance on watcher's eye is good? I'm pretty sure you can't evade/dodge while wearing kaom's roots.

■ I thought of getting a Culling strike pooet's pen, but then I could remove the cull gem in unearth setup. Since I can't use blind, the only good gem seems to be chance to flee. What do you think about it?
Also If I wanna play with bodyswap, I should simply replace the culling strike right? Isn't that gonna hinder my dps because of a lack of corpses?

■ What about going dual curse with ele weakness or temp chain on hit gloves? THoses will be hard to get but worth it right?

Thank you!
Hi,

I have been going for this build but have 1 thing I can not figure out.

Why is The Flow Untethered Cloth Belt not mentioned anywhere?

I figured flat life reg + cooldown reduction is BiS stats?

Surely, we would lose some hp & resists, which could be fixed in other ways, but I thought life reg and cdr were valued a lot more?

Looking forward to a reply.

Can someone explain to me a bit about this build and where the super high regen comes from. I saw a guy in the thread running magic find stuff for maps so I figured I would try it out but at some points I kinda get almost one shot and the regen doesn't really keep up, in volcano maps for example. At some parts i'm just not noticing the insane regen. Granted i'm level 76 and using MF gear so I guess that would explain some of it but I feel like I should atleast notice the insane regen?

Could someone explain what makes this build "run" is it all about the flask management? Do I need more Fevered Mind Jewels? I don't really understand the mechanics too well..

I really wanna know how the Cooldown Reduction helps? I'm sorry for noob questions I just wanna know how cooldown reduction helps the build cuz I don't rly get it

Also what should I swap body swap for on bosses? I already run conc effect on volatile dead should I do it on my other poets pen too?
Last edited by Spliffor on Apr 29, 2018, 7:25:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info