Improvement ideas for Beastiary

Crafting leagues are not my cup of tea, but I am actually enjoying this league more than I thought I would. This primarily is because the legendary beasts are random, challenging encounters. The fact that they have made me deviate my course through a map gets a big thumbs up in my book. Reminds me of a double or triple tormented mob and keep you on your toes.

With that said, this league definitely has flaws and there have been some ideas thrown around as to how to fix those. As someone playing a totem build that falls into the "bad build" bucket for this league, here are my thoughts on what could potentially fix this for any build.

1. Knocked out or wounded status for rare/legendary beasts. The timer patch has gone a super long way to making beast capture possible. The first day was just utter garbage. However, this still is a major problem for summoner/dot/totem builds that simply have no control over damaging the beast directly or halting the damage.

Knocked out/wounded would be the equivalent of 1HP. I think they could keep the current netting timers as they are. Knocked out could be a status that gives a small window (maybe half of the timer) to net the beast before it dies. Legendary beasts are not that big an issue for me personally. It is the regular rare mobs that completely get one shot before I can target them. This happens most often in indoor maps that have corners where you can't target the mob or even get through the door, but your totem/summon can still kill it. Even if this timer was as small as 1 second it would at least give all builds (tanky, glass cannon, summoner, etc) a supplementary small window to capture the beasts.

2. Auto target netting. This is arguably the biggest issue I have had to date. Trying to pinpoint a beast, particularly one with a speed mod is just not possible some times without either getting swarmed or killing it.

I believe they are already going to be patching this in sometime during the week. It should make a lot of the complaints go away. Outside of summoner I don't know of a build who can't adapt to make this work.

It is clear a lot of hard work went into this league and I agree if feels like something that will be going core. Would be a shame to have this end up being another part of the game like lab that limits the types of builds that can participate effectively.
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2018, 7:50:01 PM
I agree with a lot of this. I really am enjoying myself too and with a bit more work. It can turn out to be even better.

Also, have you tried using temporal chains on fast moving rares? I figured that be one thing people would start spamming for valuable hard to catch beasts.
(⌐■_■)
I see where you are coming from, but if I have time to cast temp chains I probably already have it netted. The issue is usually that they are dead before we can get react. I am talking about rares specifically.

I didn't want to deviate from the capturing mechanic, but a 3rd request would be the ability to trade beasts. I don't craft. So rounding these things up in the first case is kind of a moot point if I can't sell them. At least in essence league and other crafting leagues there was tradeable value to rounding up the items.
I think you should be able to capture Atziri.

And put her in a cage with a dance pole
complete with animations.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info