[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Tectonic Champion | Relatively budget | Beginner friendly

INTRO

With 3.2 changes, I really like the Champion' rework and I found this Ascendancy at least one of the best (if not just the best) for league starter. It provides to us high tankyness, but also high damage - what else do you need?! I also noticed one problem of all Oni-Goroshi builds: Her Embrace' degen, which hard to mitigate even with Slayer life leech, so I decide to run with HP regen instead. On 100 lvl we need ~12% Life regen to counter degen from Her Embrace.

PROS
+ Tanky (PermaFortify, high HP regen, high HP pool, flat Dmg reduced)
+ Relatively fast map clear
+ No need to swap gems
+ Almost 100% crit. chance
+ Hits can't be evaded
+ Cheap
+ 875k DPS on Shaper
+ Her Embrace
+ Can't be stunned

CONS
- Can be expensive
- Can't run no leech / reflect maps

TREE
Spoiler
http://poeurl.com/bOpY

Bandits: Alira

Pantheon: Arakaali and Ralakesh

I decided to go at Maradeur area first, because it contains all what we need: HP, HP regen, decent damage and a bit crit, then go to Ranger area

PoB https://pastebin.com/Zxw9UDWg

GEAR
Spoiler
Weapon
Spoiler
Oni-Goroshi
Perfect gem for our build. It's powerful, end-game viable, it's free (all what you need - just farm it like 9-12(even with lowered chances to spawn) hours avg). And it talks ^^

Cost: free (with a little time investment)

Helmet
Spoiler
Abyssus
BiS, it's a second piece of our gear, which helps us to kill enemies just with look on them. Try to find with 40% inc phys dmg taken roll.

Cost: I found my (40% inc phys dmg taken / 119 crit multi) for 40c.
P.S. If you can't afford it, just run with rare helmet with life and resistances, it's ok ^^

Body Armour
Spoiler
Kintsugi
It's cheap and all stats on this armour just good.

Cost: 5c.

Expensive replacement: Kaom's Heart, Belly of the Beast.

Gloves
Spoiler
Oskarm
Free curse and nice amount of accuracy. Not cheap, but you can just wear rare gloves with life and res and run with Assassin's mark + Blasphemy :)

Cost: 80-100c.

Belt
Spoiler
Belt of Deceiver
It's cheap, it allows to us intimidate enemies (in other words, it gives us 10% more dmg), it has up to 45 resistances and a bit of raw dmg with life.

Cost: 1-2c with almost max rolls.

Boots
Spoiler
Just go with rare boots, which have life, resistances and movement speed. Two-toned are luxury.

Rings
Spoiler
Just go with rare rings, which have life, resistances and flat phys damage to attacks. Steel rings are luxury.

Amulet
Spoiler
Just go with rare amulet, which has intelligence, life, resistances and critical multiplier (at least 25%).

Flasks
Spoiler
I run with Atziri's Promise, Lion's Roar, Wise Oak, HP flask and Diamond flask.

Jewels
Spoiler
Try to find jewels with % increased Maximum Life and Resistances. Global Phys. Dmg. or Sword Phys. Dmg. increased are good, but not necessary.

GEMS
Spoiler
Weapon: R-R-R-R-R-B
Tectonic Slam - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage - WED - Ruthless - Inc. Crit. Strikes

All other:

G-G-G-R
Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic - Summon Ice Golem

G-G-R-R
Hatred - Vaal Haste - Herald of Ash - Inc. Duration

Free slots can be filled with CWDT setup or(if you have 5/6l body armour) you can also use Blade Flurry(Blade Flurry - Conc. Effect - Inc. Crit. Strikes - Melee Physical Damage - WED - Maim) on bosses (but it really don't need I guess).

It's a league starter build, so build can be improved according to my progress. Also I play on toaster, so it's very hard for me to record a video guide, sorry.
Last edited by Shengue on Mar 6, 2018, 11:54:32 AM
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2018, 8:12:48 PM
Reserved.
Nice guide man, i'll try this build. Ps: ruthless doesn't work with blade flurry anymore
Trying to make a SR boss killer
"
SrKadO wrote:
Nice guide man, i'll try this build. Ps: ruthless doesn't work with blade flurry anymore
Oh, thank you, I forgot that :D

*fixed*
Currently playing your build, liking it so far took me 15hrs to grind oshi T_T, anyways questions.

Is there no way we could fit in a way to get endurance charges? (currently using enduring cry on larger packs)
Last edited by cryyyy on Mar 10, 2018, 5:26:08 PM
"
cryyyy wrote:

Is there no way we could fit in a way to get endurance charges?
Unfortunately, at this moment there isn't any possibility to keep Endurance Charges constantly (like Frenzy with Oro's Sacrifice or Raider Asc. passive / Power Charge with Assassin passive). Even J U G G struGGles on it. Atm there is only 1 solid Endurance Charges generator - Smashing Strikes (passive in staves circle, grants 10% chance to gain an endurance charge on melee critical strike.) Or you should drop Multistrike and play JUGG.
"
RedApril wrote:
"
cryyyy wrote:

Is there no way we could fit in a way to get endurance charges?
Unfortunately, at this moment there isn't any possibility to keep Endurance Charges constantly (like Frenzy with Oro's Sacrifice or Raider Asc. passive / Power Charge with Assassin passive). Even J U G G struGGles on it. Atm there is only 1 solid Endurance Charges generator - Smashing Strikes (passive in staves circle, grants 10% chance to gain an endurance charge on melee critical strike.) Or you should drop Multistrike and play JUGG.

Okay yeah I realized though I clear pretty fast even without the endurance charges on T-slam but it does make it so much stronger when you have charges. I will just enduring cry if I want big pack clear even though its not needed atm.
i'm trying out this build, but when the time comes i'm going for adrenaline instead of perma fortify.
IGN=ElitePhanteon
Might I check with you how can you running hatred, herald of ash and assassin' mark (I don't have Oskarm) at the same time?

Thanks~
"
LeslieGino wrote:
Might I check with you how can you running hatred, herald of ash and assassin' mark (I don't have Oskarm) at the same time?

Thanks~

You will have to drop Herald or Hatred to run it, I advice Hatred as it takes a bigger part of your mana pool you will lose some dps but, it's what you will have to do until you find/buy the gloves.

off that topic just hit maps resists are fucked but dps is amazing and nothing hard at the moment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info