[Xbox One] Checking in regarding Content Update 3.2.0

my spectre necro would suffer pretty bad only having 7 skills mapped.

1. desecrate
2. ball lightning
3. vaal grace
4. convocation
5. stone golem
6. zombies
7. bone offering
8. shield charge

and thats with having spectres, auras, and animate guardian active but unmapped. im sure ive played other builds that utilize all 8 skills too. im not liking this, but dont see an easy alternative.
"
"
xSilvos wrote:
Honestly they need another way to cast skills anyways. Enable RT+LT button mapping too for an additional 4 skills, so we don't have to weapon swap to throw a net. Nor do we have to cast auras and then remap to another skill which is already cumbersome. Or you can enable a user selection to have multiple tabs of RT, so that you have 3 tabs of skills to cycle through rather than holding down RT, just press it up to two times, three to cycle back to the original skill set. Something needs to be done so that we don't lose a skill slot to participate in Pokemon catching. Even if it is just a unique way to throw just a net, such as down on the left thumbstick in combat.

PC has the same amount of skill slots as we do. Rofl. There's no reason you need to cast more than 8 skills. Just stop.

You know what PC also has? A keyboard! WoW

Since they don't have problems with their controls that can bind their skills to over 20+ buttons that CLEARLY means xbox shouldn't have problems with it's 8 capped ones.

Lmfao you are a genius.

And no i can't just not have my auras on the hot bar, i have 14% unreserved mana and i need to turn off my auras to do certain things like resummon my mana hungry zombies when they die.

And inb4 you come back with some "your build is bad if you to turn off your auras" pls save me the bullshit, that is common thing pc players have been doing for awhile.

Binding the net command to LT+RT is the best choice.
Last edited by DwarriorPr on Mar 5, 2018, 3:30:04 PM
"
DwarriorPr wrote:

I don't think this would work. There are a few builds I have played that you need more precise placement of totem / AoE. As a skill that is on my secondary bar since it is not used as often, you need to press RT + A (going with A for this instance). In order to place it exactly where I want, you have to hold LT + RT + A. Now it's a guessing game as to what the game is going to prioritize and do.

Will it fire a net & the skill? If so, which order?
Will it fire the net and do nothing?
Will it ignore the net and only do the skill?

I don't think there is another viable option besides having it bind like a skill.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
Last edited by Corrison on Mar 5, 2018, 4:44:04 PM
"
Corrison wrote:
"
DwarriorPr wrote:

I don't think this would work. There are a few builds I have played that you need more precise placement of totem / AoE. As a skill that is on my secondary bar since it is not used as often, you need to press RT + A (going with A for this instance). In order to place it exactly where I want, you have to hold LT + RT + A. Now it's a guessing game as to what the game is going to prioritize and do.

Will it fire a net & the skill? If so, which order?
Will it fire the net and do nothing?
Will it ignore the net and only do the skill?

I don't think there is another viable option besides having it bind like a skill.

The best and easiest compromise is to give us both, although i think it would be fine in your scenario if it was a quick PRESS rather than hold so it doesn't intrude with the precision aiming of the 2nd skill set.
"
DwarriorPr wrote:

The best and easiest compromise is to give us both, although i think it would be fine in your scenario if it was a quick PRESS rather than hold so it doesn't intrude with the precision aiming of the 2nd skill set.

I can see a quick press being a good option, both would be ideal. Change this in the options area.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
My biggest question is: Will Xbox ever have a ladder or an interface on the website? This is one of the biggest added value features of the game, and I'm afraid I will be quitting the Xbox version soon if this isn't developed. A big part of the fun of POE is looking at how you stand against other players and the races.
I suggest the next priority should be a chat system after this patch for Xbox.
It would be better to have us have to hold one of the triggers and press an analogue stick in to throw the net.
We should all understand that this game is new to console, not even a year has passed since its been on xbox, its so much more different than pc version, so please, people, dont be mean to GGG, they are a great company, just be patient! :)
The only thing I'm not happy about is that we weren't informed of different release dates earlier In the process, waiting till after the pc patch goes live to start the Xbox conversation is exceptionally frustrating other wise a 2 week turn around for a new platform port is awesome.

I cant think of a first to pc game, that was ported over to Xbox, that receives updates on the same day. I think Elder scrolls Online is a scheduled 3 weeks behind the pc but that way they are always on time.

I definitely appreciate the hard work and amazing game GGG has created and I know GGG will start closing the gap A.s.a.p. .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info