Saqawal's Roost Crash

"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:
me too
i had to go back to dx9 to finally play the level

You mean it does not crash with DX9? Thats a good find.
Thanks, this is being looked into.
Has any exile really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Crashed for me as well with:
Spoiler

---------------------------
Exception
"": In source code file: f:\buildslave\build\production\source\windows\visual\device\d3d11\TextureD3D11.cpp at line 926,
Processing file:
Error: -2147024809
OK

I switched from DX11 to DX9 and it worked fine.
Last edited by Mithyx on Mar 6, 2018, 12:29:09 PM
+1 This just happened to me as well.

There is no need to +1 the post as that's pretty much as useless as useless gets (that, and this is in the high priority section of the known issues sticky).

If you are going to post anyway, at the very least get a bug report number so GGG can recreate the instance, which would actually help and is what GGG asks for.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Mar 6, 2018, 3:07:44 PM
Changing DX9 to 9Ex to 11 and the other way around doesnt help anyways, it depends maybe on luck? Got my last Portal with DX11 Auto and Fullscreen to work, unhappily i failed by at the boss...
Switching from 11 to 9 worked for me, wasted 3 portals on 11 before I made the switch. So I'd say thats the best workaround for the crash for now.
I was on DX9EX, and the first time it came up my heart SANK. Tried a second portal, and it happened a second time. Tried changing from DX9EX to just regular DX9, and it worked. Weird as heck, because this is the second time I fought that boss, and it didn't happen the first time.

I must ask you to forgive me, but I didn't get the bug report number, so I can't be of much help there, but perhaps someone experiencing this problem will be able to learn something from my experience, because it backs up the other reports that fiddling with the graphics fixes it.
https://i.imgur.com/neVRcGi.jpg

This whole event was TERRIFYING, and I probably will be holding onto my Rhexes until this problem is fixed, because I would have been really upset if I lost that map.

endedupgettingahelmet
This happened to me too
sigh* crashed 4 times leaving me with 1 portal left. nice one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info