Einhar causes display driver crash

Title. When he come s o gather a mob, instead, only the audio plays, screen goes black, and then game crashes and takes 18 minutes to unload itself from memory. About 5 minutes after crash the blurb pop-up.

This really needs to be addressed.
Last bumped on Mar 20, 2018, 11:52:31 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I've had the exact same issues. If its monster shaders, then its not just monsters. I've encountered this problem simply walking from Nessa to Tarkleigh in town. Sometimes I get screen stutters, sometimes not. Sometimes it crashes after running for 2 minutes, sometimes 20. Its crashed 5 times today, and its not really acceptable. I can't even make it to waypoints due to this problem.

It doesn't seem to be 100% Einhar to blame either, as its happened when wandering into a new area through the waypoint and walking 15 feet too.

And yes, I've tried all the usual everythings, except for lowering graphic quality. If I have to reduce the quality, I'd rather just not play.
I had for the first time the same error in a Harbinger map when trying to capture something...
The beast I was trying to capture was not a Scorpion neither a Root Spider, not sure I've seen one of those in the map. I think it was a Carrion Minion.
But here are the log file entries before the crash:

2018/03/14 13:40:21 72253109 d76 [DEBUG Client 11496] Entering area MapWorldsRamparts
2018/03/14 13:41:16 72308171 9ae [INFO Client 11496] Einhar Frey: Great job Exile! Einhar will take the captured beast to the menagerie.
2018/03/14 13:41:23 72315578 b1 [INFO Client 11496] Attempted to remove an effect pack from an object that's not there. Effect pack = Metadata/Effects/Spells/monsters_effects/League_Bestiary/diverse_effects/stampede/EPK/fade_in_stampede.epk, animated object = Metadata/Monsters/LeagueBestiary/Arachnids/ScorpionBestiary.ao
2018/03/14 13:41:46 72337796 b1 [INFO Client 11496] Attempted to remove an effect pack from an object that's not there. Effect pack = Metadata/Effects/Spells/monsters_effects/League_Bestiary/diverse_effects/stampede/EPK/fade_in_stampede.epk, animated object = Metadata/Monsters/LeagueBestiary/Insects/RootSpiderBestiary.ao
2018/03/14 13:41:46 72338375 b1 [INFO Client 11496] Attempted to remove an effect pack from an object that's not there. Effect pack = Metadata/Effects/Spells/monsters_effects/League_Bestiary/diverse_effects/stampede/EPK/fade_in_stampede.epk, animated object = Metadata/Monsters/LeagueBestiary/Insects/RootSpiderBestiary.ao
2018/03/14 13:41:47 72339015 b1 [INFO Client 11496] Attempted to remove an effect pack from an object that's not there. Effect pack = Metadata/Effects/Spells/monsters_effects/League_Bestiary/diverse_effects/stampede/EPK/fade_in_stampede.epk, animated object = Metadata/Monsters/LeagueBestiary/Insects/RootSpiderBestiary.ao
2018/03/14 13:41:47 72339625 b1 [INFO Client 11496] Attempted to remove an effect pack from an object that's not there. Effect pack = Metadata/Effects/Spells/monsters_effects/League_Bestiary/diverse_effects/stampede/EPK/fade_in_stampede.epk, animated object = Metadata/Monsters/LeagueBestiary/Insects/RootSpiderBestiary.ao
2018/03/14 13:42:42 72394625 6c4 [INFO Client 11496] Abnormal disconnect: An unexpected disconnection occurred.
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
Title. When he come s o gather a mob, instead, only the audio plays, screen goes black, and then game crashes and takes 18 minutes to unload itself from memory. About 5 minutes after crash the blurb pop-up.

This really needs to be addressed.

You didn't tell us anything about what, if any, error messages you got, but there are a lot of errors where DirectX is telling PoE E_OUT_OF_MEMORY, or that it couldn't allocate the requested amount of memory. This is not necessarily a PoE problem, simply that PoE is reporting it.

On the basis that your random crash might be similar, a set of things to try:

1. Delete the shader cache directory content in the PoE install directory. [1]
2. In the nvidia control panel, if available, set "debug mode" to disable factory overclocking.
3. If otherwise (any vendor) overclocked, step down at least ten percent, and see if the problem continues.
4. Ditto CPU.
5. Check fans are functioning correctly and clean, and ventilation working as expected in case.
6. Check this isn't a power supply to the hardware issue.
7. Disable and/or remove anything that gets in the rendering path: common candidates are the twitch client, reshade, gemfx, fps displays, "game DVR" style features of windows or vendors.
8. If you use Discord, ensure it is not in a voice or chat session while running the game.

If none of that helps you, you can help further debug this by grabbing listdlls, loading PoE, entering a regular zone or map, then running that tool against it.

Post the list to pastebin or equivalent, and link it from here. That'll help narrow down what common elements are in the crashes.

[1] Be aware, deleting the content of the shader cache has (apparently) resolved similar issues for others, but it should not be necessary, and it will reduce performance as the system needs to recompile each shader the first time it was encountered. Try it once, and once only. Do not do this on a regular basis.
"
drklrd wrote:
I'm hijacking this cuz it's related to my problem aswell, and the other people have the same problem. By my simple math, you have had this problem for some time, seeing that there are 8650 posts that contain the keywords "unexpected disconnection"

Perhaps those problems are not solved because the posters, like you, are to foolish to read the instructions on how to get help with "unexpected disconnect" errors, and keep trying to, eg, hijack completely random threads that are entirely unrelated in the hope they get help?

Try reading the sticky posts and reporting this properly, including the appropriate diagnostic information, in a new top level thread.
Exception
"Metadata/Terrain/Act1/Town/generate.rs": Bad room in rs.file:
"Metadata/Terrain/Act1/Town/Rooms/beach_town_unique_normal.arm": Failed to load doodad "Metadata/NPC/League/Einhar": "Metadata/NPC/League/Einhar.ao": Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 7086014464 Size: 2210679

This comes up when I try to login (character is standing in first town after tutorial) with --noasync added to path of shortcut to client

Last edited by Sa_kura on Mar 20, 2018, 9:31:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info