What happened Chris? Are you guys ok?

Raics - a fair point, as always. However, they could still have designed the league much better. Throw a bone to the non-powergamers and roleplayers and all the rest - of course, that's lovely and no issue for me whatsoever. The problems are two as I see it:

- a complete lack of bones for Dudley
- basing a league mechanic in an ARPG game around NOT killing monsters - that's IMO profoundly wrong

About GGG buckling to the Reddit backlash, that's not surprising at all. They've shown a history of listening to the most vocal population at Reddit and once someone from GGG (either a dev or Chris) flat out said they use reddit and game statistics as their main data points when considering where to go balance-wise.

GGG have basically trained the reddit crowd into being as loud and obnoxious as possible, because this has consistently shown to work time and again. It turns into a vicious circle and now they reap the results.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Since when did i become a living meme?

I don't appreciate being kept out of that loop :(

Anyway, not a meme thread i recently made....
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2099831/page/1

Raics his post basically hints at the issue i perceive, however i think it doesn't dig deep enough since i think they are just human and as such capable of ignorance across fields.

Amplified by only paying attention to a certain sub-set of the active community and forming a relation with them exclusively in the form of a feedback loop.

worst of all, they appear on the outside to be the submissive partner of the relationship and i think were all smart enough around these parts to know submission and dominance both play an equal roll in a healthy relation.

It's kind of funny to watch, from an observers perspective, it's interesting to say the least.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Lovely it is indeed, words can't describe how touched I am.

Dunno, if they introduce strong recipes that specifically require high level beasts there might be something in it for Dudley too. I mean, some recipes are pretty dope, crafting flasks is annoying as hell so adding mods to them is nifty, you can get league uniques by rerolling or crafting one and there's potential for a big payoff there, extra 10% quality makes a fair bit of difference on some uniques, map crafting is nice too and they gave us eternal orb back after a fashion. A lot of recipes are pretty cool but Dudley would probably require something really broken and really hard to get to feel involved with the league, I don't think it's beyond tweaking, depends on how far are they willing to go.

That not killing part isn't quite right, we still have to kill it but there's an action we need to do beforehand. Kinda like crafting a strongbox back in the day or corrupting an essence beast, the only difference is this has to be done on the fly.

Which did open a can of worms after a fashion as we have players that might have a hard time with it. We got those with poor perception and reflexes for one, you might ask yourself why are those trying to play an action game in the first place but let's just say people are strange and leave it at that. Then we got those that are too used to playing PoE on full netflix mode and I agree it would take some time to adjust to something you need to react to being out there at all. I'll freely admit here I can't fully grasp this one because a fair few of the builds I'm playing will die a lot if I go full autopilot, so it's a matter of habit.

Might be I'm making a bigger deal out of it than it really is, though, because we do have those map markers for beastmod critters, so even those that kill offscreen can prepare in time. And if you clear fast with capturing only those with beastmods you're probably getting a similar amount of captures per hour as those that get all beastmods and some normal rares.

Long story short, I'm thinking it would take two things to make this league a success for everyone, one is really tempting high end recipes and the other is players just adjusting to mechanics a bit because it isn't really that savage. We got a fair bit of people popping on the forum to say their opinion of the league has improved after playing for a bit so the latter should be possible.

Who knows, maybe the thing this league needs to seal the deal is the beast market going live, we'll see.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 6, 2018, 7:35:03 AM
"
torturo wrote:

"Watch TV while blowing screens of mobs, will ya?". And then comes the "catch me if you can" pokemon disaster.
Who though it was a good idea, to begin with? It was a recipe for disaster at first glance.

What's going on in a nutshell.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Right now they are probably watching the StreamerMeta unfold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB_37encRCI

Probably was a bit much content to create in short timeframe, maybe worth reconsiding timeframeincreasments to followupleagues.
Personal opinion: I don´t play much during summer anyway, 3 months are like "wooosh gone".

If thats not possible due to players loosing interest too fast in this game, reconsider cutting content,
for ex: remove stun from nets, you can now throw them when you want but it enrages the mob, fight it with 100%life or less on your own risk. -> no need to make 17 different nets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info