[3.2] Juggernaut - Tectonic Slam - 1.1 mil DPS - Crit - Stormwall/Hegemony's Era **UPDATED** 3/4/18

I am just starting yellow maps but can usually leap then one shot packs even with with increased AoE swapped in. So far so good also thinking of Kaoms vs Belly vs Kingsuard vs Brass Dome vs Craiceann's Carapace as I slowly farm up some currency. Kingsguard made no regen a breeze btw I know probably not many people trying it ! 5/6 Trials so looking forward to uber soon.
"
Blood_Sail wrote:
Struggling with this character. Took me 10 tries just to do Cruel Lab and Act 9 is blowing me up; 6k tooltip. Do you recommend going crit before third ascendency for the accuracy? I don't see how I'm going to be doing enough damage to finish Act 9 without it, and I can't even imagine how badly Merc lab will go.

I am no expert but here is my advice glancing at your character.

1. You are using RT with Staves. Get the highest physical damage cheap 2h you can afford. Doomsower (My Personal Suggestions) / Marohi Erqi (I used this I happened to find one) / Hiltless / Kaom's all about 1c.
2. Get the leech on the tree instead of using blasphemy so you can use HATRED aura.
3. Personally I didn't get any Staff nodes until after I had transitioned to Stormwall / started gearing and scaling crit.
4. Check your links! If you use PoB import your character and try out other links like

Tectonic -> Melee Physical -> Elemental Damage with Attacks -> Concentrated Effect

If you don't use PoB then just trust the tooltips and try other gems around.

5. Generic advice try to have +max life on every piece while leveling. Personally I didn't take any damage nodes until I transitioned to Staff @ Maps and just had every life node and was playing it safe and clearing fine.
"
Idyar wrote:
I am just starting yellow maps but can usually leap then one shot packs even with with increased AoE swapped in. So far so good also thinking of Kaoms vs Belly vs Kingsuard vs Brass Dome vs Craiceann's Carapace as I slowly farm up some currency. Kingsguard made no regen a breeze btw I know probably not many people trying it ! 5/6 Trials so looking forward to uber soon.

I did a full lab today about lvl 78... It was kind of an easy lab Gargoyles and Portals (no super buffs) It felt really good, but I took Unyielding last, I like having the armour because I usually farm lab with Jugg and if this build ended up not being very good I was going to use it as a lab farmer (but it definitely does not suck!) In fact feeling wise I would say this probably the best feeling Jugg I have played. I've tried crit Juggs before but they always felt lacking, little did I know Staves were where the magic was.

I am trying to make a way to get into Elementalist, Amplify, Retribution, down to Discipline and Training, and Sanctity but I just don't think I can get there and leave out jewels.

I did have to add in one extra mana leech node next to Spirit Void, because I wasn't refilling my mana fast enough with Haste and Herald of Ash up which was negatively affecting my attack speed.

I still have a TON of farming to go though so we will see what happens when I get into red maps.
Last edited by snwkill on Mar 7, 2018, 7:19:06 PM
I got my Stormall, and now I just need to get the mana/life leech nodes so Ican start using hatred and get my clearspeed up even more.

I'm really enjoying this build, went the squishy route for crit chance so bossing isn't such a chore. I'm liking the chunking mechanics used, but will we be able to tell we're doing decent damage to a boss? I guess it might just be my survivability that has me worried. That, and I need to get my gems to 20 qual and re-level them. Just glad I hit 60, trying tofind the way out of the solaris temple in a8 is a pain.
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
"
Auridran wrote:
So how is everyone feeling about concentrated effect? I'm not sure whether I like it or not. I feel like it reduces the range quite a bit, what do you guys think?

You can swap in Increased Area of Effect gem when clearing and then put in Concentrated Effect when you are about to go to a boss of any kind, this will give you reach for clearing trash and high dps for doing bosses.
"
Idyar wrote:

I can tell u kingsguard not good for the build, I tried it
We attack too slow for the 100 life gain per charge use effect, especially with stormwall
Its godly for discharge build but not this, rare chest with high armour is better than it
If we use abyssus then we probably need to use brass dome
Last edited by sivertry on Mar 7, 2018, 8:41:09 PM
Also this map can't run ele reflect/phys reflect, right? Just wanted to make sure.
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
Did not see pros/cons section.

A few questions:
Assuming your doing mostly fire damage with some phys, why not avatar of fire for full conversion?
Also, attack speed seems low, wondering how fast map clears are compared to faster builds?

Currently running Tectonic on my toon, hoping to change it up some. Considered going dual-wielding for faster attack speeds to farm maps faster. I've looked at this build before but was just curious about a few things. Not sure if I'd want to try this one or not. While dmg seems high I just get the feeling it wouldn't be as fast.

Thanks!
"
SimplPrimate wrote:
Stormwall is by far a better staff than Hegemony's for this build. I am working on some things to make this whole build better. What I have here still works, dont get me wrong. It just needs some tweaking.

no no

Stormwall is weapon only for farm 50c to Era. Stormwall have low attack speed and less dps than Era
⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝☆֍
баланс к нам приходит, патчноуты к нам завозят,
нерф бодрящий, вкус апдейта всегда настоящий
Б-Б-Б-Б-Б-Б-Б-Б-Б-Б-Б-Б-Б-Б-Б-Б-Б - баланс
⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝⚝☆֍
"
SimplPrimate wrote:
"
Llyrain wrote:

Tectonis slam is fire based anyway - so do things right. No cold / ligthning / fire mixup, pure fire power is needed.

Just take avatar of fire keystone and fire penetration.
Set POB to "Shaper and Guardian" - these dps count.

Best amulett for this build would be
- this goody will be your 7th gem link as end game item.

First of all, I do not want to make this build guide another one of those that requires someone to have 20 exalts to be able to build it properly. There are way too many of those out there and a large ammout of players (including myself) do not usually end up making that kind of currency in a league.

Second, I put in Xoph's and the shaper DPS went to about 651k DPS. I have seen people comment that doing this will take it to over a million DPS. Even taking Celestial Judgement it does not go much higher, and then we have to remove some skill points from other stuff (life or DPS).

Please link a pastebin from PoB that shows exactly how you set this up.

*EDIT* I forgot to add the Fire Penetration support gem. Although it lowers the DPS for clearing trash, it is still over 1m and it increases the DPS for standard bosses and for Shaper, even without Xoph's. I think I might change it as to a required support gem. What do you think?

My main intention was the fire penetration support gem - everyone can get one, it's not for rich people. It makes everything easier, not more complicated - avatar of fire is only 1 point since your build routes that way.

Tree is the same as yours, + avatar of fire. Gems is fire penetration and kick out one of the others. Still looking if I can squeeze in Lava Lash additional for the additional fire penetration. Kick out Hatred, replace it with either defensive (The Brass dome + determination comes in mind), or an aura on blas. If you don't like regular one shots, even enfeeble is good here. Had this last season to stabilze a glas cannon. Even at bosses this 10% less damage can help to avoid oneshots.

Xoph's is only the icing on the cake - a chase item when you are rampaging in T14 maps and have enough currency. Put on a generic crit support amulett otherwise - crit damage + life + whatever it has and helps.

I use flammability on blasphemy at the moment while leveling, since red beasts have tons of HP and are harder than bosses. They go down fast with this.

Fire penetration and pure fire damage helps at:
+ Bosses where DPS really counts
+ Elemenal resist maps and resistant rares with extra much HP, red beasts
+ Can use defensive aura or Blasphemie
- lower generic damage, lower tooltip, no hatred

Otherwise, a few % less dps doesn't matter. Normal map clearing with unresistant mobs doesn't matter if 1m or only 800k dps, it's oneshot in both cases.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info