Legacy Armour Set Problem

Hi, recently I discovered that the legacy armour set looks "opaque", lacking specularity.
Suddenly, armor starts to shine but it is blinking, turning -what I think it is- the specular map on and off. I have a video for this: link to youtube video.

In the options, I have everything maxed out with 1920x1080 resolution and Dynamic Resolution with a target of 60fps (tho the game always runs at 200 or more), Vsync off, Windowed Fullscreen.

Not working anymore:
Spoiler
Quick fix and info: Seems like antialiasing is the problem, turning it off (already looks normal) and back on to MSAA 4x solves the issue but seems to be temporarily.

This is how it looks in general (lacking specularity):
Last edited by CQEximius on Mar 2, 2018, 8:40:43 PM
Last bumped on Jun 5, 2018, 3:09:09 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Having the same problem. I've noticed that equipping a cloak causes the issue - specular map appears randomly on armor pieces (toggling antialiasing / lighting quality has no effect).
Also the gloves won't appear on a witch for some reason.

Here's a short video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOvuNpfbY4s

Video settings same as OP. Nvidia, latest drivers.
Last edited by easymodo on Mar 15, 2018, 6:54:45 AM
I've tested this as well. I don't use Legacy armor anymore, but I have it. And it's like the OP says, it's all opaque and dull looking.

I cycled through all graphics settings on two different PCs, including switching between DX11, DX9 Ex, and DX9, and the set is dull and dark on all of them.

This is something GGG should fix, pronto, because people paid money for this!

The set used to look like this (one of my old league characters from 2017)...

Now it looks like this (from another user's thread in General)...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Mar 9, 2018, 8:54:00 AM
good thing i didnt have this mtx, or i would be pissssssssed
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
It is still bugged. I hope GGG fix this before the end of Bestiary league.

Legacy Set is my favorive melee armour set, feelsbadman :(
It would be nice to be able to use this armor set again, please fix it. Looking dull like it does now makes it look so bad.

I'm waiting for the fix because the legacy set is my favorite
Last edited by huerikramon on Mar 20, 2018, 5:42:05 PM
Hi guys, I'm having the same problem. I've made some test combining it with another MTX and it seems there are something going on with this interactions,

This is how I think the set should looks like:

If you put any other mtx it will be dark:

I manage to get it right puting on and of the legacy cloak, when the set is ok, the legacy cloak is wrong:

You can try puting on and of other parts of the set, so the cloak and most of the set will be fine:

Well it will only last until you change your area, and everything will be doomed:

GGG, please fix this MTX, it was the celebration of the end of a time and the beginning of a new era in path of exile, culminating in Legacy League! I'm sure this was the first pack of many people :)

i have the same problem , i hope GGG fix it soon , i want to play bestiary with my legacy mtx but i cant because it looks too dark :(
bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info