[3.2] WIP | Poison Strike Assassin | Budget friendly Starter | potentially killing eveyrthing!

This build its ok but you need the cherubin 6l to deal damage, sustain and health.
For survive i dont have any problem for now, running maps t6 and t8 with this budget set.
See my profile
@Destinoz, your profile is not public
hello i decided to play this build as my first character this league : )

so far i have level 70 and just farming low level maps, i have couple questions,

which jevels should i be using ?

if i only can afford 4 link to molten what gems you prefer ? i used molten/ multi strike /added chaos/

and ancestral call now cause i think without it is poor aoe

ty in advice
For leveling use Ice blade. After lvl 60+ you can use volcanic strike.
Any updates? Surviveability is horrible as well as resists. Getting no currency and gear drops also doesn't help. Cant even make it to maps yet or better yet even kill Kitava or nerc labs at lvl 74...I get one shotted on everything.
"
IQof3 wrote:
Any updates? Surviveability is horrible as well as resists. Getting no currency and gear drops also doesn't help. Cant even make it to maps yet or better yet even kill Kitava or nerc labs at lvl 74...I get one shotted on everything.

IQof3, can you set your profile to public??

I had some survivability issues on act 9 and 10, but only beacause I've been like 'FUCK RESISTS', since I got to maps and managed to get 75 all ress, I had no problem at all. Actually, I'm lvl 73 with no good equips whatsoever, invested only 3c on equips and I'm doing up to t5 maps just fine ^^
"
wallei wrote:
"
IQof3 wrote:

IQof3, can you set your profile to public??

I had some survivability issues on act 9 and 10, but only beacause I've been like 'FUCK RESISTS', since I got to maps and managed to get 75 all ress, I had no problem at all. Actually, I'm lvl 73 with no good equips whatsoever, invested only 3c on equips and I'm doing up to t5 maps just fine ^^

Then I must have REALLY bad gear. Lvl 77 and still cant make it to maps. Absolutely no currency is dropping or rares (for chaos recipe), but I have plenty of nets!
I've also ran this just for the sake of trying something new, and I didn't struggle in act 1-10 at all. I'm currently doing T4-T7 maps and have just unlocked Elder. My HP is rather low at just below 4k, but I'm roughly capped at 75% for all three regular resistances. The survivability of this build comes from the leech. It's definitely NOT a tanky build, not at all. Clear speed in maps isn't that good either, but poison damage can really get going and melt bosses and other high health targets.

Gotta agree with Wallei tbh.. I killed Kitava before level 60 iirc. If you haven't done it yet, set your profile to public so we can check out what you're doing wrong. And buy Wasps Nests! They're super cheap!

Edit: Just saw that your profile is indeed public. Two quick things I'd do, from personal experience: Skip Deadly Ailments for now, and change the colors of the sockets in your armor. DEFINITELY go for Multistrike with Molten Strike, it gives you so much attack speed and thus, life/survivability. I'd also put physical damage support in it as well, which is a huge boost to both your attack hits and poison damage as well.

Also I'd try refunding the point in perfect agony and grab a Coralito from poe.trade, which costs like 1 fusing or something. It's super cheap and gives a similiar effect that you can choose to activate instead of suffering from -30% damage on hits. Preferably used on bosses.
Last edited by Klatt3n on Mar 10, 2018, 9:53:14 PM
Does poison feel really awkward for you guys? At least for shadow. I say that because the leading skills for shadow-assassin are molten strike and frost blades. Both of which confer a 60% damage penalty from converting physical to fire hurting our physical damage and poison nodes. Also locked out of alot of physical damage attack gems because axes and maces are on the other side of the tree and claws being the most restrictive types yet one of the best passive nodes.

I cannot for the life of me find a skill that feels natural to the poison build that also doesnt convert physical damage away into elemental. This also restricts the power of void manipulation. At least the added physical damage support doesnt waste as much with only the poison side of its gem being negged by the skill we are using.
What Klatt3n said checks, some adaptations can carry you with no problems to maps.

Just some updates: I'm sitting at lvl 85 now, solo'ed Uber Lab without a problem. Tryin' to get a 5l Cherrub's, but without luck.
My links on a 4l Cherrub's are: Molten Strike > Multistrike > Ancestral Call > Added Chaos Damage.
I've bought a Witchfire's Brew until I can buy a Dying Sun and it's pretty sweet.
I'm kinda melting everything till tier 9. Couldn't drop t10 maps, but I'm sure I will melt everything the same way.
I've made some changes to the passive tree, to match my playstyle.
For equips: I'm gonna try the new Bestiary gloves as soon as possible, need to fix my res for it. Also, I'm planning to try Impresence, but probably gonna take some time 'till I got the currency.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info