PC servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .

[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400% Movement Speed]

"
MrKasor wrote:
"
Umm in POB pure physical is 160-200k damage, if we go elemental it's 400k damage, so are they similar after taking monster elemental resistance into the picture ?

Tricky isn't it. Like most things in poe there is always another option. Say the boss has 75% All Res. With no pen you are doing only 100k elemental. Physical doesn't worry about that problem the damage you see is usually what you get.

Physical Damage is point for point pure damage nothing will take it down safe I think a nemisis mod called Armoured, End Charges, and some Grandmasters that have armour. It takes less work to build around and in a summoner that saves valuable gem slots. Having a unified Damage type also means its easy to increase all damage done efficiently. This allows for steady damage increase each upgrade.

Elemental Damage first of all unless you convert it all to elemental is inefficient for increasing damage. That takes Item's or Points on an Already Staved Tree which means less flexibility. Then you also have to worry about Resists which by end game everything has. Elemental Pen is usually not universal so you have to pick a element to invest in. You end up using more modifiers to counter resists and with the inefficient damage scaling it all evens out.

Conclusion:
Elemental is more effort to make work, is costly, and can be Inefficient but has Shock/Ignite/Chill.
Physical is easier to increase efficiently, cheaply and takes less to make work but no status.

When it comes to skeletons which already do 100% Physical it being a minion means there aren't many items to convert it to one element type. I think best you can do is 50% lighting with the Physical to lightning Jewel. Increasing this you have to choose if you want to up the physical or elemental part of the damage so now all modifiers you apply are basically Half as effective you see. Lets say we also have Hatred at 50%. So we have 50% Cold 50% Lightning 50% Physical. Now any modifier you apply is 1/3 as effective on your damage as a whole.

If it was a player though there are lots of items and nodes that convert damage to all types of elements and is much more efficient. So for Minions that do physical its kinda easier to stick with physical.

You're right :), in numbers only elemental looks better but just as you said in addition to monsters high elemental resistance we just can't make 100% elemental conversion which means our damage will be wreaked even further.
"
You're right :), in numbers only elemental looks better but just as you said in addition to monsters high elemental resistance we just can't make 100% elemental conversion which means our damage will be wreaked even further.

Don't forget trash elemental skelly damage is very misleading, as you got EE and curses most likely active. As i doubt you will cast arc (or whatevery spell you are using to EE and curse) every pack, you should turn it off. That drops your damage down to 250kish.

For clearing the damage isn't that different. On end game bosses, elemental damage will pull ahead by a good amount, but it's pretty overkill for everything except endgame bosses.
"
Tortunga wrote:
Witching char might be an exception for keeping rampage going then. I just remembered rampage had that limitation thought it wouldn't work for rampage as well. The weapon switching part is just in case it doesn't work, as the sword just doesn't do anything. Might as well switch to something that at least gives you something, even if it's just some extra ES/Life from a shield.

Anyway I will stick with Hybrid and no EB/MoM for now :p. I'm just not a fan of it, even if it works perfectly fine. Just personal opinion (And I don't really want to drop To dust gems, they are just to good :s).

Anyway I don't mind spending a bit longer on bosses (250k+ dps per skelly is just overkill, 100-150k is more then enough), so I might go physical for the extra defences. And I don't have to do any EE, avatar of fire shennigents.

"
Punishment is a strange Curse that only applies on melee hits and I have like 13 Skeletons running around alone that would all need to be hit to trigger it Vulnerability is slightly worse but is more of a catch all. :P Lazy

Skellies still got to hit the enemy even with vulnerability active :p. I doubt it will matter that much to really care, but if you want to min-max punishment is slightly better.

Maybe I'm not sure.

Fair its really an up to you thing :P

Yeah the Difference between 100k Per skeleton and 250k isnt noticeable on most content

Punishment fails where one hit kills a skeleton similarly ruthless gem is the first to go because getting three hits is rare. Melee Splash or Phantom support works too. Vulnerability is the better choice without question but using both is an option.
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094226
Can we equip an animate guardian with Victario's Charity and stack attack speed so that he generates frenzy charges for allies ( our skellys ) ?
Last edited by Xaxeth on Mar 2, 2018, 5:29:55 PM
"
Can we equip an animate guardian with Victario's Charity and stack attack speed so that he generates frenzy charges for allies ( our skellys ) ?

You'd Lose Dying Breath which is a good damage buff but I like the idea I dont see why not. Id ont know what you'd use mainhand. Brightbeak?
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
Last edited by MrKasor on Mar 2, 2018, 9:39:19 PM
"
MrKasor wrote:
"

You'd Lose Dying Breath which is a good damage buff but I like the idea I dont see why not. Id ont know what you'd use mainhand. Brightbeak?

Well we have two choices here, Brightbeak or Singularity, I imagine with Singularity we will need to link animate guardian with multistrike, if your guardian is already maxed out in elemental resistance then I don't see why not, the hindered effect if quite a nice bonus.

I am not sure how many hits per second the guardian will need to hit in order to give 3 frenzy charges fast enough.
Last edited by Xaxeth on Mar 2, 2018, 10:31:43 PM
Where does it says Duo gives rampage against bosses?
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Dancing_Duo
I can't see it
"
Inferius90 wrote:
Where does it says Duo gives rampage against bosses?
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Dancing_Duo
I can't see it

While Manifest Dancing Dervish is active, the Dancing Dervish now has a 25% chance to grant you a Rampage kill when it hits a unique enemy. The minion created by this unique can no longer cross unwalkable gaps. These changes affect all versions of the item.

both items skill is manifest dancing dervish so its the skill itself not just the sword :D
Last edited by razlo11 on Mar 3, 2018, 5:39:46 AM
"

If you want frenzy charges you could just change animate guardian for frenzy ape spectre(S). You got to run an high level clarity or link them to blood magic gem, to get them to cast more often. That was my plan at least. (I don't like animate guardian really).
"
If you want frenzy charges you could just change animate guardian for frenzy ape spectre(S). You got to run an high level clarity or link them to blood magic gem, to get them to cast more often. That was my plan at least. (I don't like animate guardian really).

I've been running 2 apes and dropped my zombies. best of both worlds as skeletons bodyblock like a zombie and dervish spins off to tickle stuff. Animated Guardian with Dying Breath & Leer Cast for 18% Increased Curse Effect and 33% Increased Minion Damage. I've got a level 7 Clarity for 2 more points I can put it to lvl15 for 6 more mana/s I dunno if that's worth though.

Going to update the build with my gear tomorrow and Videos Once I get to a boss worth while and get some more movement speed. Currently only at 250% at 15 Rampage so its getting there. Gonna get 40% In jewels and Start Crafting Movement Speed Rings/Ammys.
Last edited by MrKasor on Mar 4, 2018, 2:04:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info