[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

I will give this a go on HC, wish me gl xD
"
raincoast you dont cast icestorm, you cast scorching ray and via the cwc gem it casts icestorm for you

Thanks mrhuski. yesterday it wasn't working at all, maybe a bug with SR. I just tried it and it worked as you said. Thanks again.
A noob question. I play always with two friends and one of them already has a curse with blasphemy and we are overwriting each other curses. Should I drop the Enfeeble setup and use that sockets for other non curse gems? which alternative? Or should I get a +1 curse amount?
Last edited by haitike on Mar 6, 2018, 12:10:57 PM
Kelvynn great to see this build back!

Quick question - I'm taking a break from leagues and have some legacy Pyre rings in Standard. Seems like a good thing to save a few points on the tree and not have to use a Cold to Fire gem. Curious if you think Pyre is a better choice or not? I'm trying this out now and it seems pretty good...but it does lower ES quite a bit.

Also what exactly does Ancestral Protector do? I tried it out and don't quite get it...also want to put my Herald of Ash gem in that slot since I have a 6L ES armor and am doing dual curse.

Thanks!
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
Kelvynn great to see this build back!

Quick question - I'm taking a break from leagues and have some legacy Pyre rings in Standard. Seems like a good thing to save a few points on the tree and not have to use a Cold to Fire gem. Curious if you think Pyre is a better choice or not? I'm trying this out now and it seems pretty good...but it does lower ES quite a bit.

Also what exactly does Ancestral Protector do? I tried it out and don't quite get it...also want to put my Herald of Ash gem in that slot since I have a 6L ES armor and am doing dual curse.

Thanks!

Legacy Pyre is great. It will free up a couple of skill points and lets you use a better DPS gem instead of cold to fire such as Controlled Destruction.

This build doesn't use Ancestral Protector, I think you're referring to ancestral call which is to help with vigilant strike.
Good I'm glad I saved a few of them then...just tested and it seems to boost damage by a good chunk. A nice ring does give some ES...but not much that it's worth the trade off.

And you're right..it is Ancestral Call...I'm just an idiot...lol :-0
Hey Guys,

kind of a noob here, only my second league and having a blast with this build so far, though i have some questions. I am at TIV/V Maps atm, and not sure exactly how to make the pure ES Leech Build work tbh.

I tried switching to CI before heading into Maps, but got wrecked really hard, dying constantly. I am not sure what i am doing wrong tbh. Should i just upgrade my gear?

Also i have been running with the Heatshiver Helmet for a while, which seems to also be a natural fit for the build during leveling, but i am not sure if i should switch it out for another helmet now. TBH i kinda have trouble finding "Budget" 6S/5L Chests so i can shuffle around my skillgems and include the whole missing fortify chain, which would help probably.

Any tips would be appreciated :)

With scion now, a thought on the use of Pure Talent (jewel) and the ability to go scion Path of the Templar and spec the beginning node of Templar. I've tested and the ele pen shows on the offense tab.

You lose the scion shadow 20 dex/int node and a jewel slot.

You gain 2 passives (1 takes the 14% ele node), 25 int, and 5 ele pen.

Seems like a net win to me. Thoughts?

Could also just use 3 passives to get to Templar start and use the jewel.
Last edited by Vinidcator on Mar 7, 2018, 12:27:28 AM
Would spell cascade help clear speed at all, or would it reduce the damage too much?
"
zerosius wrote:
Hey Guys,

kind of a noob here, only my second league and having a blast with this build so far, though i have some questions. I am at TIV/V Maps atm, and not sure exactly how to make the pure ES Leech Build work tbh.

I tried switching to CI before heading into Maps, but got wrecked really hard, dying constantly. I am not sure what i am doing wrong tbh. Should i just upgrade my gear?

Also i have been running with the Heatshiver Helmet for a while, which seems to also be a natural fit for the build during leveling, but i am not sure if i should switch it out for another helmet now. TBH i kinda have trouble finding "Budget" 6S/5L Chests so i can shuffle around my skillgems and include the whole missing fortify chain, which would help probably.

Any tips would be appreciated :)
Spoiler

Read the Build Theory section if you need to understand how the build works. You probably didn't take Ghost Reaver, or just had unmaxed resists.

Your body armor, helmet, gloves and boots all need to be replaced. You need to prioritize Int. See the Gear section. You can check the gear in my profile, I'm using the items I bought on day 2 of the league for those slots, 1-2c each.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info