[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Deadbootss wrote:
“Almost the same amount” was exaggerative on my part. 28% is easily achieved with base leech, consecrated ground, and the scion regen nodes. Of course VP is a better option; I just felt that the post I was responding to was unnecessarily brusque. Exploring non-VP options is interesting to me, given that it is a large investment and that VP is such a default option for so many builds.

When the incoming VP nerf was announced before the 3.0 beta, I actually made a non-VP version of the build. It was still 2.6, so it didn't have Pantheon powers, Cyclopean Coil or Watcher's Eye. It was a modified version of my 2.4 WI Inquisitor build, with self-cast Icestorm, 3 curses, etc. I killed all T16 guardians and the Shaper with it back then, but it was kinda painful. I haven't touched that char since then, you can find it in my profile (Lord_Seru). I'm sure it's still viable, especially with all the new stuff that we got since 2.6.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 3, 2018, 5:33:09 PM
Kelvynn, one question about Watcher's Eye.

Is +30% Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline

better, worse, even or just "other" as these both together:

38% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge while affected by Discipline
28% increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate while affected by Discipline

Especially during fighting to bosses?
"
Kelvynn, one question about Watcher's Eye.

Is +30% Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline

better, worse, even or just "other" as these both together:

38% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge while affected by Discipline
28% increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate while affected by Discipline

Especially during fighting to bosses?

It's a flat +30 ES on hit, not 30% (I wish!!).

Of course it's better than those other mods. ES recharge requires you to stop taking damage, that's not an option for tanking, and ES recharge is nothing compared to leech for this build. Not sure if increased ES recovery rate applies to GR leech, but even if does, it's similar to levels/quality on the Life Leech gem - increases the raw leech amount while the leech cap is still 40% per second. Flat ES on hit adds extra healing on top of the leech.
Thank you very much.
And yes, lol not 30 percent :-)

I tried some builds, but they all struggled at high level content.
I am sure this one is the one i was looking for from begin - happy with your great build and guide, thanx !
"
vbvan wrote:
Anyone has experience in leveling this build in SSF? I leveled one last league and had some issues.

It isn't my first char in SSF, so I already had Whispering Ice, but I didn't have one dropped during leveling. Do you farm The Western Forest or just have it dropped?

I also don't have Astramentis. I farmed the card a little bit and after some runs without any drop, I just decided to stay with a rare amulet.

Another issue is in Elder influenced map with null portal. I find that without Watcher's eyes, it is easy to die if the portal spawns Tentacle Miscreation (especially when the map has two more projectiles mod). It doesn't help when the damage is cold and can't be mitigated by IC. Do you farm the eyes?

And rare items with high int + ES is kind of hard to find without trading. And I'm somewhat hesitant to use Jeweller's Orb to roll off color on these no-so-good rares. Do you craft your own? Any tips? I do have some ilv 86 bases.

The rare items from the last league

I'm going to use this build in the flashback SSF event. Any tips are appreciated :-)
"
vbvan wrote:
I'm going to use this build in the flashback SSF event. Any tips are appreciated :-)

I have a lv 81 WI char in Hardcore which is a completely dead league with pretty much zero trade, so it's as good as HC SSF temp league :) I don't remember when I made him, somewhere last year when all the nerfs were going on, so back then I choose the Inquisitor version. It's weaker than the Scion today, but viable just fine. AgentI in my profile.

Finding the staff in SSF isn't really hard these days with the Incantation card.

The next task is finding Fertile Mind (ideally two). But that's also possible with the card. Other jewels won't be anything nearly as good, just roll some 2-mods with alteration orbs. Brute Force probably won't happen, so don't bother with that socket without it.

Astramentis in SSF - not going to happen. I have never seen that card drop in any league ever. I've dropped a few Astramenti myself, but they are way too rare to expect finding one in SSF. Go with whatever you can find that has the max Int.

With all the self-found rares, you really want to level your masters: Haku, Elreon, Vorici and Catarina. Those 4 are your best friends. Zana, on the other hand, is completely irrelevant for SSF. You won't be running high tier maps with this gear any time soon, and everything up to T10 can be sustained without her mods.

Bestiary should be very good though. This is not a glass cannon build, you can safely tackle any pokemons, and there are many recipes that are super helpful in SSF.

Overall, you'll have really ghetto gear compared to the main build, but it will be enough to run white and yellow maps and level up to 90-ish. Just don't try the actual racing - this is not a clear speed build, you can't compete for the Demigod prizes with it.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 5, 2018, 7:15:14 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
vbvan wrote:

I have a lv 81 WI char in Hardcore which is a completely dead league with pretty much zero trade, so it's as good as HC SSF temp league :) I don't remember when I made him, somewhere last year when all the nerfs were going on, so back then I choose the Inquisitor version. It's weaker than the Scion today, but viable just fine. AgentI in my profile.

Finding the staff in SSF isn't really hard these days with the Incantation card.

The next task is finding Fertile Mind (ideally two). But that's also possible with the card. Other jewels won't be anything nearly as good, just roll some 2-mods with alteration orbs. Brute Force probably won't happen, so don't bother with that socket without it.

Astramentis in SSF - not going to happen. I have never seen that card drop in any league ever. I've dropped a few Astramenti myself, but they are way too rare to expect finding one in SSF. Go with whatever you can find that has the max Int.

With all the self-found rares, you really want to level your masters: Haku, Elreon, Vorici and Catarina. Those 4 are your best friends. Zana, on the other hand, is completely irrelevant for SSF. You won't be running high tier maps with this gear any time soon, and everything up to T10 can be sustained without her mods.

Bestiary should be very good though. This is not a glass cannon build, you can safely tackle any pokemons, and there are many recipes that are super helpful in SSF.

Overall, you'll have really ghetto gear compared to the main build, but it will be enough to run white and yellow maps and level up to 90-ish. Just don't try the actual racing - this is not a clear speed build, you can't compete for the Demigod prizes with it.

Thanks!

I farmed The Western Forest for 2 hours and got 4 cards for the staff.
I'm over-leveled, so I'll probably wait for Fertile Mind to drop instead of farming the card.

I am not going to compete :-) I was planning to level a new char to do end game content in SSF standard because of the Ascendancy change and it seems more fun to do that in flashback than in SSF standard.
Forgot to add: Merciless lab is a great place to farm in SSF. It's a joke with this build, and it's probably the easiest way to farm currency when you can't trade.
interesting build, but it's hard to hold the scorching ray. I never played caster so i decided to give this build a go. The wind up time is too much :O but it's fun to play ES again. I'm too lazy to start new build tho :D Just got to maps, would try.
Hey thanks for the build.

I am having trouble though in Flashback league. I've never had this many deaths while leveling. I might have missed something, been following the leveling guide, and really been trying to get as much life/armour/ressi as possible. But every now and then mobs just 1 or 2 hit me. How do you guys handle this? You can check my profile for the char I play. I usually start dying now and then after 65 or so. But with this char its been aweful, with 20 deaths at lvl 60. Can you give me any tips or advice?

Cheers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info