[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

Finally get lucky vaal :)
Thanks for the guide its a fun build :)

However I'm not entirely sure what gems to use in the main hand as you mentioned something about Energy Leech gem so I don't know which to replace that with.

At the moment this is what I'm using with swapping Spell Cascade to Elemental Focus.

I'm currently getting regret orbs to modify the tree and remove vaal pact as your current skill tree doesn't have it.

Also whats a decent flask setup for general mapping and is it worth dropping Int on the chest piece to be able to buy a higher ES chest piece?

Thanks.
Last edited by Erichan on Apr 1, 2019, 11:29:58 PM
First I would like to thank Kelvynn again for this build (already did that via PM), and for the patience shown when answering questions here in the forums and via PM.

Second I would like to ask if anyone could help me with tips about crafting an item related to this build (or any int-stacking ES build).

First a little context: I got a iLVL 86 shaper regalia and was trying to get an upgrade for my current chest, messing arround, I decided to use a dense fossil and suddenly, THIS:

It's triple T1 ES prefixes.

I'm thinking about removing ES on kill (via locking prefixes+scour) then multi mod for (int+quality)+(Increased Attributes).

Is it the right way?
"
Erichan wrote:
Thanks for the guide its a fun build :)

However I'm not entirely sure what gems to use in the main hand as you mentioned something about Energy Leech gem so I don't know which to replace that with.

At the moment this is what I'm using with swapping Spell Cascade to Elemental Focus.

I'm currently getting regret orbs to modify the tree and remove vaal pact as your current skill tree doesn't have it.

Also whats a decent flask setup for general mapping and is it worth dropping Int on the chest piece to be able to buy a higher ES chest piece?

Thanks.

You pretty much need to switch to a 5B1R staff, as the lifeleech one is pretty much useless now. Needs to be swapped to a ES Leech one (which is blue).

For Flasks, you mostly need blue ones with immunity to bleeding, freeze, and I got another one with immunity to curses, which is optional.

Like Chris mentioned, the Wise Oak is a good one, giving good fire penetration.

For the chest piece, personally, I found an ES one to give much more ES than an Int one, but your DPS will suffer a bit. You can play on PoB and find out which fits better for you.

My tree is mostly about obtaining ES rather than Int, since I'm new and don't have too much currency to get new gear on Int.

I recently got to 92 and here's my tree:
https://pastebin.com/up6K2Bj5
You could really do with optimizing your skill tree.
You go out of your way to not pass a 10 dex/str node by pathing through 2 intelligence nodes? Yeah that's not right...
You don't grab Deep Thoughts?
You don't grab the top left or top right jewel socket for an additional Brute Force/Fertile Mind (4 nodes for 50 intelligence is premium, disregarding the fact that you get some elemental damage/mana in the process as well)
You can path through the middle ES to save some nodes going from left to right.

Pure Talent? Emperor's Wit?
Plain intelligence / attribute jewels?

Watcher's eye potential with "Gain (12-18)% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity"
Or "(1.5-2.5)% of Maximum Energy Shield Regenerated per Second while affected by Discipline" // "+(20-30) Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline" ?

You can get almost 1200 intelligence SOLELY off of the tree, the Whispering ice staff and jewels.

https://pastebin.com/zzYWA67j

^ A quick 5 minute build as food for thought.

P.S. Your last pastebin you have overlapping fertile mind jewels so you're only getting intelligence off of the top one.

Edit: Changed the last pastebin you posted to this option, adjusted by adding one Brute force gem and spending 4 additional skill points (3 if not counting frost walker which you should probably get)
This gives you 100 extra intelligence. (and extra dex/str tbh)
https://pastebin.com/6yfbCz3P
Last edited by Kawazakix on Apr 5, 2019, 2:47:38 PM
"
Kawazakix wrote:

P.S. Your last pastebin you have overlapping fertile mind jewels so you're only getting intelligence off of the top one.

I was just passing by and saw this... :) Why? Overlapping = double conversion.
"
Windgaming wrote:
"
Kawazakix wrote:

I was just passing by and saw this... :) Why? Overlapping = double conversion.

Yep, they do. The ones overlapping give +20 Int and -10 Dex each.

Thanks for the new tree. Like I mentioned, I'm kinda new so a good Watcher's Eye is out of reach for me on currency. I already have Pure Talent jewel in.

The build is working fine for me. Not speedclearing with it at all but I feel safe enough for T15/16 maps. I will attempt Shaper in the following week or so.
Hey, I think this tree may be a bit better then yours. I just changed the res's on your gear a bit so then you're res capped, then changed the noding and pathing of your tree.

Better ES leech on hit:1744.9 compared to your 1512.1.
Slightly worst ES: 11301 compared to your 11447.
But 63.6k average hit compared to your 44k average hit.
Same skill effect duration.

hope this helps you out a bit c:

https://pastebin.com/wPdg6udZ

Let me know if I messed anything up. It's possible that I have made a mistake in some way. and if so. I'd love to hear what that is so then I can become a better theory crafter c:
Last edited by nbazoo on Apr 10, 2019, 5:38:22 AM
"
nbazoo wrote:
Hey, I think this tree may be a bit better then yours. I just changed the res's on your gear a bit so then you're res capped, then changed the noding and pathing of your tree.

Better ES leech on hit:1744.9 compared to your 1512.1.
Slightly worst ES: 11301 compared to your 11447.
But 63.6k average hit compared to your 44k average hit.
Same skill effect duration.

hope this helps you out a bit c:

https://pastebin.com/wPdg6udZ

Let me know if I messed anything up. It's possible that I have made a mistake in some way. and if so. I'd love to hear what that is so then I can become a better theory crafter c:

Hey!
Arcane expanse - what for? AOE increase = damage decrease (vs a single target).
Fags of the Viper is also a weird choice imo (for 5% MS only?).
Why did you chose the Path of the witch ascendancy?
My POB sketch:
https://pastebin.com/wZTv9gAG - more damage, ~same ES, more max total recovery per sec from ES leech which is really vital (Etheral feast), but no second curse (not really needed since we're using Blind gem).
And if you try to change CD for Energy leech gem the damage will raise significantly, don't forget to tick 'Always on full ES' and 'Leeching ES' in the configuration section! :)
Anyway there's no perfect tree, we're only adjusting it our own preferences.
Last edited by Windgaming on Apr 10, 2019, 2:17:08 PM
Do you guys think Vaal Grace should be included in the gem setup, specially if I'm getting both Increased Skill Duration clusters in the passive tree? I have the following setups on my 4 slot items:

Vaal Righteous Fire | Discipline | Arctic Armor | Herald of Ash

Cast when Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Increased Duration | Flame Dash

Cast when Damage Taken - Summon Flame Golem - Summon Chaos Golem | Vigilante Strike

I'm thinking about either replacing the Flame Golem gem with Vaal Grace, or maybe moving Flame Dash to a ring instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info