[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Lezotho wrote:
"
Chris37599 wrote:
Personally, I'm using Cast while Channelling-Scorching Ray, Energy Leech, Conc Effect, Ele Focus, Cold to Fire for both mapping and bossing. (Once the bug with CwC disabling spell cascade with icestorm is fixed, I'd use a different Whispering Ice that swaps out ele focus for spell cascade -- ele focus gives the smallest More multiplier.)

What's your opinion on Iron Will Support? I got 225 Strenght, so that gives me 45% of spell damage, plus 40% being on lvl 21 (+1 from Staff), plus 10% from Quality. This would be replacing Elemental Focus, which gives 50% + 10% from Quality. According to PoB, IW gives me about 3k more avg dmg on Icestorm.

Iron Will Support's damage gains should not be out performing Energy Leech, Conc Effect, Ele Focus, or Cold to Fire. Energy Leech, Conc Effect and Ele Focus give More damage multipliers -- Cold to Fire gives Cold as Extra Fire (which is sort of like a More multiplier). Iron Will support is merely an Increased damage modifier, which adds on to the rest of your increased damage modifiers instead of multiplying them like a More multiplier.

In my case, using Iron Will support gives ~3.8k damage per bolt, but giving up any of the other supports is not worth it, as I end up losing 6-10k damage per bolt to use Iron Will support.
"
Chris37599 wrote:

Iron Will Support's damage gains should not be out performing Energy Leech, Conc Effect, Ele Focus, or Cold to Fire. Energy Leech, Conc Effect and Ele Focus give More damage multipliers -- Cold to Fire gives Cold as Extra Fire (which is sort of like a More multiplier). Iron Will support is merely an Increased damage modifier, which adds on to the rest of your increased damage modifiers instead of multiplying them like a More multiplier.

In my case, using Iron Will support gives ~3.8k damage per bolt, but giving up any of the other supports is not worth it, as I end up losing 6-10k damage per bolt to use Iron Will support.

That makes sense, I didn't know about the "more" part. I was just adding everything up instead of multiplying, etc. I need to get a 5B1R staff now, since the current one I have is 4B2R (due to using life leech from 3.5). On PoB, I had just replaced Life Leech with Iron Will and saw the increase, but putting EF instead, increases it much more. I use all the other same gems that you mentioned.
Last edited by Lezotho on Mar 18, 2019, 9:43:57 PM
Great build. Will you update the tree to 3.6? (I am really getting tired of GGG busting my builds every 3 months). Thanks
"
c_dificil wrote:
Great build. Will you update the tree to 3.6? (I am really getting tired of GGG busting my builds every 3 months). Thanks

Here's my current build:
https://pastebin.com/jD6JC8st

I'm adjusting it with the feedback from Chris. Still need to decide if I want Zealot's Oath or not, and remove/add the points from that part. I'm trying to get to lvl 91, which will help a lot with this decision.
Last edited by Lezotho on Mar 22, 2019, 3:42:41 PM
Silly question, maybe. I have read every bit of the build info. On your tool tip picture it says you have 50% increased life leech rate. Where do you get that?
"
c_dificil wrote:
Silly question, maybe. I have read every bit of the build info. On your tool tip picture it says you have 50% increased life leech rate. Where do you get that?

Sorry, for some reason, I submitted the old version of the build, which had the life leech gem. I edited the post above and verified it now has the correct gems.
OK, thanks for the reply, but I still see 50% increased life leech rate on the picture of the tool tip for icestorm, but I do not know the source of that modifier.

Thanks
You have 2 curses set up in your body armour. I can only have one. Where do you get the capability for 2 curses?

Thanks
"
c_dificil wrote:
You have 2 curses set up in your body armour. I can only have one. Where do you get the capability for 2 curses?

Thanks

I only have one, which is Enfeeble, but I guess you mean the one that is on the guide, on the Delve League part. As per the PoB that is right below, he has Whispers of Doom, which is at the top left of the tree, close to Avatar of Fire.
"
Lezotho wrote:
"
c_dificil wrote:

Thanks

I only have one, which is Enfeeble, but I guess you mean the one that is on the guide, on the Delve League part. As per the PoB that is right below, he has Whispers of Doom, which is at the top left of the tree, close to Avatar of Fire.

Thanks for the help. (BTW, I do not do PoB). Great build, thanks for the detailed guide. I might respec a few points and get Whispers of Doom. Then I'd keep Enfeeble and add Warlords Mark for endurance charges for Immortal call, or maybe Temporal Chains which is really helpful to slow 'em down.

Thanks again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info