[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

dang i must have been blind when i went through the thread -_-

thanks for reposting this then :)
Not quite sure how the new "Elemental Thorns" mod on Nemesis rares works...still dying to them despite having the Elementalist node. Do they actually reflect the spell back on you so it acts as if it were cast on you and not just reflecting the damage?
IGN - Bichlich
Please PM me to update me on trades.
So after the level 89 tree I thought of going for Nullification and Alchemist for flasks and the res + es on Null
Hey,
Just wondering with the new witch elementalist skill Paragon of Calamity with 0,5% ele leech AND Mastermind of discord that gives you +25% fire pen while having herald of ash. Isn't that just a better option or am I missing something? This way you dont need to use life leech gem....or at least Id think that 0,5% is enough leech with end game gear.
"
Recil wrote:
Hey,
Just wondering with the new witch elementalist skill Paragon of Calamity with 0,5% ele leech AND Mastermind of discord that gives you +25% fire pen while having herald of ash. Isn't that just a better option or am I missing something? This way you dont need to use life leech gem....or at least Id think that 0,5% is enough leech with end game gear.

1) 0.5% isn't enough, still need gem
2) scion have better bonuses from herald of ash
3) scion have "enemies around you take 10% increased elemental damage" (equivalent of "10% MORE elemental damage")
4) scion can actually use "pure talent" jewel
5) and probably most important, scion have really big chunk of additional base int

Generally, scion slightly outweight elementalist.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Mar 12, 2018, 2:00:51 PM
"
cloudblade70 wrote:
Not quite sure how the new "Elemental Thorns" mod on Nemesis rares works...still dying to them despite having the Elementalist node. Do they actually reflect the spell back on you so it acts as if it were cast on you and not just reflecting the damage?

You probably couldn't tell because of the mess Icestorm makes of your screen, but Elemental Thorns fired an elemental mortar at you when it takes damage. You're expected to dodge. Or tank it and outleech it.
"
cloudblade70 wrote:

Thorns are not reflect. They shoot projectile back at you, limited to 1 per second. It's hard to see but you can dodge it.
"
Pretma wrote:
So after the level 89 tree I thought of going for Nullification and Alchemist for flasks and the res + es on Null

If you still lack resists at that level, you can take Nullification or Faith and Steel. Alchemist I don't think was ever worth it for this build, even before it got nerfed.

I'm going to just grab another socket (near CI) at lv 92 and Catalyse at lv 95 if I level that high.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 12, 2018, 5:06:16 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
cloudblade70 wrote:

Thorns are not reflect. They shoot projectile back at you, limited to 1 per second. It's hard to see but you can dodge it.

"
Nuraihyon wrote:
"
cloudblade70 wrote:

You probably couldn't tell because of the mess Icestorm makes of your screen, but Elemental Thorns fired an elemental mortar at you when it takes damage. You're expected to dodge. Or tank it and outleech it.

Ah, thank you both for the tip. Guess I have to pay more attention :D
IGN - Bichlich
Please PM me to update me on trades.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Pretma wrote:

If you still lack resists at that level, you can take Nullification or Faith and Steel. Alchemist I don't think was ever worth it for this build, even before it got nerfed.

I'm going to just grab another socket (near CI) at lv 92 and Catalyse at lv 95 if I level that high.

Not sure if Catalyse is the best choice. Adds more int sure, but Explosive Impact is also 3 points away and gives cumulatively 45% increased Fire Damage, which gives you more damage per point.
Though I guess if you reach level 95 you really don't need to minmax your nodes, because the build is clearly working.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info