[3.7] Guardmancer Scion Support - 14 Auras + 3 Curses | 223% Aura Effect

"
Arenyr wrote:
"
bvanharjr wrote:
An alternative setup - this however, IS NOT CHEAP. Nor is it completely optimized, but it gets the job done.
PoB data
: https://pastebin.com/2wcmTRY2

Yes, it's a necrofinder; can be converted EASILY to guardian. Gear requirements are the same!

Spoiler

Really confused on your build. All it offers over mine is Envy, which I would argue is pretty awful considering the lack of any Chaos based dmg builds. Most are full Ele conversion. But you do things like take a near perfect Crystal belt. That can be beat by a Darkness Enthroned and then some. All you need are 2 MAX T2 ES rolls on jewels, which are cheap, or a T1 ES roll in both sockets. You can even beat it by 20 ES if you get 2 max rolled ones, and an extra 90 life if you truly wanted to. You also take Legacy Energy From Withins which aren't possible and really just skew what your ES should really look like. It really just looks like a copy of mine but reasonably worse.

Just curious on why you would choose your build over something like mine. The one I posted provides more flat Phys reduction, more Max Ele res, at the worst being +4% and at the most being 10%. And over 2k ES more without using Legacy Energy From Within's. And if I wanted to roll a Chayula Sword, I'd still be up ~1k ES. I also think going Pathfinder is really unoptimal. You lose quite a bit of dmg & misc stats from not going Guardian.

The belt I happen to have, beats a Darkness Enthroned. Flask mods are UNAVAILABLE on jewels.
My flasks easily give 90% PDR.

also edited. it's very WIP.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Apr 8, 2018, 12:08:48 PM
"
bvanharjr wrote:
"
Arenyr wrote:
"
bvanharjr wrote:
An alternative setup - this however, IS NOT CHEAP. Nor is it completely optimized, but it gets the job done.
PoB data
: https://pastebin.com/2wcmTRY2

Yes, it's a necrofinder; can be converted EASILY to guardian. Gear requirements are the same!

Spoiler

Really confused on your build. All it offers over mine is Envy, which I would argue is pretty awful considering the lack of any Chaos based dmg builds. Most are full Ele conversion. But you do things like take a near perfect Crystal belt. That can be beat by a Darkness Enthroned and then some. All you need are 2 MAX T2 ES rolls on jewels, which are cheap, or a T1 ES roll in both sockets. You can even beat it by 20 ES if you get 2 max rolled ones, and an extra 90 life if you truly wanted to. You also take Legacy Energy From Withins which aren't possible and really just skew what your ES should really look like. It really just looks like a copy of mine but reasonably worse.

Just curious on why you would choose your build over something like mine. The one I posted provides more flat Phys reduction, more Max Ele res, at the worst being +4% and at the most being 10%. And over 2k ES more without using Legacy Energy From Within's. And if I wanted to roll a Chayula Sword, I'd still be up ~1k ES. I also think going Pathfinder is really unoptimal. You lose quite a bit of dmg & misc stats from not going Guardian.

The belt I happen to have, beats a Darkness Enthroned. Flask mods are UNAVAILABLE on jewels.
My flasks easily give 90% PDR.

also edited. it's very WIP.

Still don't think it's worth finding a 131 ES Crystal belt + Flask mods, when you could just spend 40C for a Darkness Enthroned and 2 Jewels that'll beat it in flat ES. The Flask effect/duration mods I pick up anyways on the tree (above Witch starting area), which beats out the belt. Also, you're rolling for so much Phys Reduction I don't think it's worth it. 110k won't make or break you from 40k armor. But going from 82% Ele Resistance to 90%+ will. Just some odd choices. Different strokes for different folks though.
Been running Aura Support since 2.5 (15+ leagues in a row now).

Aura Support Diary - 2094025
Hey man im a newish player so sorry for the noob questions haha i have been doing my best to follow ur guide and i was lucky enough to pckup skyforth today :D

i was hoping you could explain how i can regen my health when using them though :(?

thankyou for putting out this content :)
"
zacharyd wrote:
Hey man im a newish player so sorry for the noob questions haha i have been doing my best to follow ur guide and i was lucky enough to pckup skyforth today :D

i was hoping you could explain how i can regen my health when using them though :(?

There is no health regen for this build. You reserve all health to Auras and use ES as a lifebar. You prevent Chaos dmg from one-shotting you by using Coruscating Elixir.

"
Shablo5 wrote:
HC Viable?

no, monsters can have a nemesis mod occasionally called nullifier, that will remove your flask buffs when they hit you, the risk is too high for HC.
"
Arenyr wrote:
You should probably only look to spend maybe 20-30c to get it running reliably. Your main investments would be Victario's & 6-socketing it. Alpha's Howl obviously. Cheap gloves you can purchase if you aren't using a movement skill would be Voidbringer's. To use a movement skill you either need 2 Elreon's rings or a -10 Watcher's Eye (Pretty pricey atm). Cheap alternative rings would be Lori's Lantern, good ES Ring. Sin Trek's rolled well, and a Bated Breath. If you can afford the 4-6 Abyss Jewels w/ 40+ ES, and preferably life for when you get Presence of Chayula; Darkness Enthroned would be BiS imo. Eye of Chayula is my go-to until you get Presence, you're just a little low on ES.

Here's my current gear in-league with hardly any investment. Saving up for a Pariah, Chayula Ammy, and then Skyforth in that order. After I'll be looking for a Watcher's Eye.

Spoiler

a better alternative than 2 elreon's and a watcher's eye for budget builds is a shaper weapon with "movement skills socketed in this weapon cost no mana"
thanks so much for responding man :)

i get the no mana part but does that mean no shield charge? :(
"
zacharyd wrote:

you can use shield charge if you take items to lower your mana cost so that shield charge is free
"
Alloxya wrote:
"
zacharyd wrote:

you can use shield charge if you take items to lower your mana cost so that shield charge is free

This. Your options are Elreon Rings, a "-10 Mana cost to skills while affected by Clarity" Watcher's Eye, or as someone mentioned earlier, a Shaper sword that removes mana costs of socketed gems.

"
zacharyd wrote:

Drop all curses, the +1 curse accessory, and use Steppan Eard (or any rare ES boots; I pref. Steppan Eard for free desecrated ground immunity.) Slot Vitality in them (or anywhere else, other than victario's, doesn't matter.)

Edit: Just found out you don't need an enlighten in that setup.

Presence of Chayula is still required, btw; you don't need a corrupted one in this case tho.

BOLD
Last edited by bvanharjr on Apr 23, 2018, 3:18:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info