Constant lag spikes make it unplayable

"
derdeniska wrote:
Dear GGG, I would like to bring it to your attention your otherwise awesome game is currently completely and utterly unplayable. Tech support doesn't seem to be able to deal with it, I've sent a mail with all the required information, which clearly shows the problem is on your servers side, and for more than a week I can't get an answer. In a meanwhile this is how I play for past month or so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5_Y_WyOp2o&feature=youtu.be

This is a joke, this is not a game, this is a circus with tech support for clowns.

Everyone should notice that as the league goes on that little by little there is less lag. That is pretty clear proof that GGG has an unmanageable monster of a server simulation and that they have to assign too many clients to a single game server cpu core (easily over 100 sessions per cpu core) and that amount of session multitasking is crushing the Xeon server cpu cores and is causing most of our lag problems. Now a month in and with fewer total players (still extremely laggy on weekends, especially prime time Sunday afternoon). Add to this the likelihood that SoftLayer probably installed Meltdown/Spectre OS patches to further kill server performance 5% to 30% (stupid to do an a server that is 100% dedicated to GGG use so hopefully I'm wrong here... but no way to know unless GGG says something).

So GGG tech support can't do anything about server cpu overload conditions. This is a cost/performance balancing act by GGG and right now the extra processing of Bestiary net mechanics is really choking their always poor performing home grown game engine (even have to deal with rubber-banding at peak player times).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:

So GGG tech support can't do anything about server cpu overload conditions.

They don't have any problems taking our money though.

Game still lags BTW, GGG still sucks BTW, tech support are still worthless BTW, not that anybody gives a shit BTW.
"
derdeniska wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:

So GGG tech support can't do anything about server cpu overload conditions.

They don't have any problems taking our money though.

Game still lags BTW, GGG still sucks BTW, tech support are still worthless BTW, not that anybody gives a shit BTW.

Notice how I worded my post "as the league goes on that little by little there is less lag". There will never be a time (I guess maybe if 90%+ of players all quit playing the league) when there is no lag. I played Saturday/today on the WDC realm and had fewer times of lag and less rubberbanding. Today I pushed my Bestiary build through to maps. I'm stopping there (level 71) as I have few orbs and not much currency to buy nets (net drops aren't keeping up with beasts to capture) and with many having trouble sustaining red maps I'm working several older builds to level 90 in Standard. Anyway the amount of lag I'm experiencing now is much less than a month ago. That correlates with the PoE Steam Chart player numbers as there are fewer players today than a month ago. My Internet speed/latency is the same as always so I can't find any reason other than server simulation overload and maybe fewer bugs.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I can confirm this situation and a friend of mine aswell. We both have 1gb/s connection and we have different ISP's.

We don't have any problem with any other games. The game is unplayable since a month or two. Constant stutter with 5 to 10 secs between those breaks. Freezes then starts again. It doesn't matter the network option you choose in game. It has nothing to do with it.

GGG you have a lot of other threads in forum reporting exactly the same thing.

We have simply stopped playing the game. If you don't address this issue and acknowledge the situation you will lose players.
This never gets old. Clowns, fix your servers or give me all my money back.
Some lag/freeze too with a pretty powerful machine
Another lag spikes deaths and tons of progress lost. Daily "GGG you suck" post, enjoy, clowns.

Yes, I know it's my ISP, GGG's servers are ideal, everything's fine, "everyone" are not lagging, I'm just imagining, so are all those people in chat.

Last edited by derdeniska on Apr 10, 2018, 2:39:18 PM
I am playing on a 3 years old laptop on my phone's internet (I use my phone as mobile hotspot) and still never get any problems lol. Sure it gets a bit pixelated while fighting large amount of enemies but FPS never goes below 60 and I never get lag spikes. I can't even imagine what shitty setups you guys must be using :D
"
diopside wrote:
I am playing on a 3 years old laptop on my phone's internet (I use my phone as mobile hotspot) and still never get any problems lol. Sure it gets a bit pixelated while fighting large amount of enemies but FPS never goes below 60 and I never get lag spikes. I can't even imagine what shitty setups you guys must be using :D

Did you actually bother reading the entire thread or just jumped in with your idiotic conclusions? Please don't answer, the question is entirely rhetorical.
In this fakin moment:

Unplayable...
Last edited by Moonwalker on Apr 10, 2018, 4:26:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info