[3.2] SSF Guide, HC/SC. 78/78 Block Necro/Glad Ascendant Volatile Dead. 240% life on tree and MoM.

Now this does look like a very interesting build, and a super quick mock-up on a Standard Scion shows no issues at all. Just wish my Path of Building was behaving correctly - it will not show me the the DPS of Volatile Dead for some reason. Only the "hit" and "ignite." Don't suppose anyone else is having that issue at the moment?

Also, out of curiosity regarding a non-SSF environment. Do you feel that converting this into a quasi-Poet's Pen build would be viable? Because the build obviously looks at using Block mechanics, you would only want to do 1 Pen.

I was thinking of doing:
Pen:
(along with a good shield of course).
Using Frenzy as the delivery method:
Life Gain on Hit + Faster Attacks could also be swapped for a Curse on Hit setup too.

And then we still keep the Unearth Totem of course for corpse generation.

With my PoB misbehaving I am unable to compare the effective DPS properly, but I do find myself wondering if that is worth doing or if the dedicated self-casting is still much better. I suppose it boils down to 5-6L VD vs "Empowered 3L VD" + Frenzy + LGoH.
I've been running this on BSSFHC. Pretty solid build, right now it only really struggles with large add phases on bosses (for example, don't let the Portals survive the end of an Izaro phase, or you'll regret it). I suspect as I get a better weapon/Cybil's Paw, this problem will probably go away.

Gear at 80, after 12.5 hours of play so far:

"
TheDarklite wrote:
Now this does look like a very interesting build, and a super quick mock-up on a Standard Scion shows no issues at all. Just wish my Path of Building was behaving correctly - it will not show me the the DPS of Volatile Dead for some reason. Only the "hit" and "ignite." Don't suppose anyone else is having that issue at the moment?

Also, out of curiosity regarding a non-SSF environment. Do you feel that converting this into a quasi-Poet's Pen build would be viable? Because the build obviously looks at using Block mechanics, you would only want to do 1 Pen.

I was thinking of doing:
Pen:
(along with a good shield of course).
Using Frenzy as the delivery method:
Life Gain on Hit + Faster Attacks could also be swapped for a Curse on Hit setup too.

And then we still keep the Unearth Totem of course for corpse generation.

With my PoB misbehaving I am unable to compare the effective DPS properly, but I do find myself wondering if that is worth doing or if the dedicated self-casting is still much better. I suppose it boils down to 5-6L VD vs "Empowered 3L VD" + Frenzy + LGoH.

I have the same on PoB.

Now regarding Poet's Pen. I'm not sure what you gain by using it if you are not usin a pair of them. I thought it was the auto corpse creation that makes Poet's Pen work so well with VD. You can try it out in STD and then if it does indeed work you can do the same in Beastiery.
I think you will always get better DPS with 6L self-cast and Cybil's Paw but I haven't really tried it.

Let us know the results if you try it out.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
"
Glick wrote:
I've been running this on BSSFHC. Pretty solid build, right now it only really struggles with large add phases on bosses (for example, don't let the Portals survive the end of an Izaro phase, or you'll regret it). I suspect as I get a better weapon/Cybil's Paw, this problem will probably go away.

Gear at 80, after 12.5 hours of play so far:

You can try the Beastiary recipe for unique claw. Also chance all Thresher Claws you find.
A good dps boost are the Abyssal Hypnotic jewels. They are rather easy to craft flat for fire damage and life.

Yeah, I've been doing the Claw and Amulet unique recipes, no luck so far. Level 80 isn't a lot of playtime, just have to keep grinding it out.

I'll grab a few of those jewels, it's about time for me to start grabbing jewel sockets anyways.
I´m in HC SSF Bestiary and currently on a very bad RIP streak.
I do have the Cybil´s Paw laying around and was thinking of which unique to build around next.
I´m gonna gather some energy and then I think I´ll try your build.
"
I´m in HC SSF Bestiary and currently on a very bad RIP streak.
I do have the Cybil´s Paw laying around and was thinking of which unique to build around next.
I´m gonna gather some energy and then I think I´ll try your build.

Good luck and SS.

Hit 80, 78/78 block now. Heres's current gear and tree :

What was your itens during the mino run?

ty !!!
In terms of damage, how does a good wand with spell/fire damage, cast speed, flat damage compare to Cybil's Paw?
"
leograf wrote:
What was your itens during the mino run?

ty !!!

This is the old PoB link that has the items worn https://pastebin.com/7GvGenaH

Hope it works, on my mobile so I can't check it out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info