[3.8] Tanky Aurabot - a combined Guide

I know it weird but what are some auras and skills to support RF build.
"
soham02 wrote:

its not weird, just go with all the defensive ones, you dont need hatred anger or wrath, maybe with some blasphemy curses
"
soham02 wrote:

Had that Question while back on my Guardian-Version of this Build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1596467/page/10

You can see the explanation there.
TL;DR
Only Defensive Auras
Take EE
Be a ManaGuardian
Flamability + Ele Weakness + Spider Aspect.
So, here's another update. I just hit level 96. I'm at 11104 ES and 1558 life completely self-buffed. I recommend not linking desecrate and spirit offering to cwdt + immortal call and leaving them at lvl 1. Cast desecrate 2x, then use spirit offering. You will get the full 9 corpses consumed each time and it will not overwrite itself before you want it to. Also, it's an instant heal.

Here is my current build at lvl 96:

https://pastebin.com/76KZQjGf

I've beaten shaper, t15 elder, and all the guardians, both elder and shaper (all deathless). I have not yet attempted uber elder and hope to do so soon. Do not undervalue life in this build.
"
Zindax wrote:
So, here's another update. I just hit level 96. I'm at 11104 ES and 1558 life completely self-buffed. I recommend not linking desecrate and spirit offering to cwdt + immortal call and leaving them at lvl 1. Cast desecrate 2x, then use spirit offering. You will get the full 9 corpses consumed each time and it will not overwrite itself before you want it to. Also, it's an instant heal.

I've beaten shaper, t15 elder, and all the guardians, both elder and shaper (all deathless). I have not yet attempted uber elder and hope to do so soon. Do not undervalue life in this build.

looking at this i would drop devotion for another jewel socket and 6% ES node. i understand the reasoning behind devotion especially with this type of non coruscating version, but 3 pointsfor 3% aura effect and 14% life isnt too great. the life can be made up with jewels (especially a powerful abyss jewel) and the aura effect is not worth nearly as much anymore with 10% from the guardian asc. another option is still taking the coruscating elixer instead of the second life flask, and taking a panicked flask instead of a bubbling, this allows for your 1.5k unreserved life to be turned into 1.5k ES regen which is quite comfortable compared to two life flasks.
"
Alloxya wrote:
"
Zindax wrote:

looking at this i would drop devotion for another jewel socket and 6% ES node. i understand the reasoning behind devotion especially with this type of non coruscating version, but 3 pointsfor 3% aura effect and 14% life isnt too great. the life can be made up with jewels (especially a powerful abyss jewel) and the aura effect is not worth nearly as much anymore with 10% from the guardian asc. another option is still taking the coruscating elixer instead of the second life flask, and taking a panicked flask instead of a bubbling, this allows for your 1.5k unreserved life to be turned into 1.5k ES regen which is quite comfortable compared to two life flasks.

Those aren't the best nodes in the build. It's not a terrible suggestion in the mean time. The last four talent points are two for the other jewel slot, the 8% ES node near witch, and +30 int near dualist, anyway.

I'm not sure where you want to put the other 3 nodes other that what I'd plan on taking eventually. I have 143% increased aura, so, yeah, you can get rid of the +3%. I didn't theorycraft this. I'm just reporting on my success. The thought is that you need 140% increased aura effect in order to give +12% max resistance to fire/light/ice from purities. You can probably get rid of those nodes, but then you would need a 15% increased aura effect from Victario's instead of a 12%-15%. I don't have a +1 victario's to begin with so its a moot point.

With regard to 2 life flasks. You don't need two. I carry two. I tried having one and a coruscating flask. It wasn't easier. It was worse. It's ridiculous to say its more comfortable. It isn't. It just reduces the amount of life you have, the overall pool you have, and forces you to use life flasks more than you need to, in order to justify what the coruscating flask robs you from having, creating a dangerous situation. So I just let my old coruscating flask sit in stash tab. It's a waste. Chaos damage doesn't kill me. And I never have a panicked situation from chaos. Then you might ask, well why do I have two life flasks? Honestly, what else would you use? A second sapphire flask? It's not like they stack. A jade flask with increased armor? I don't need more physical resistance. Something to dodge with? It's not reliable. Maybe a sulfur flask. I don't know. Could I use a movement speed flask? Eh. I'd rather just switch in my brightbeak with shield charge if I want to go fast. I choose to have an extra life flask, one with immunity to bleed, one with immunity to ignite. So if I get one of those, even if I have full life, I can remove it, and trigger Soul of Arakali.

I'm not saying people who go BM victario's are bad. And that coruscating elixer doesn't work. People can reach level 100 if they just pop their coruscating flask every 8 seconds. It's just not for me. I don't consider it a "relaxed" way of playing.

And honestly, even people that like this version of the build over BM victarios still discount the value of life. PoC gives 20% ES from life, and 2x desecrate then spirit offering gives you another 9%. And then, if you get 15% reduced reservation to determination, grace, or haste on your helm, then 67% of your life is unreserved instead of 59.5%. It's potentially another 300 life. The point of this was to show how I have more than most aurabots. Most people just neglect life on their gear and jewels. That, and they neglect offerings.
Last edited by Zindax on Apr 27, 2018, 3:09:34 PM
"
Zindax wrote:
"
Alloxya wrote:
"
Zindax wrote:

Those aren't the best nodes in the build. It's not a terrible suggestion in the mean time. The last four talent points are two for the other jewel slot, the 8% ES node near witch, and +30 int near dualist, anyway.

I'm not sure where you want to put the other 3 nodes other that what I'd plan on taking eventually. I have 143% increased aura, so, yeah, you can get rid of the +3%. I didn't theorycraft this. I'm just reporting on my success. The thought is that you need 140% increased aura effect in order to give +12% max resistance to fire/light/ice from purities. You can probably get rid of those nodes, but then you would need a 15% increased aura effect from Victario's instead of a 12%-15%. I don't have a +1 victario's to begin with so its a moot point.

With regard to 2 life flasks. You don't need two. I carry two. I tried having one and a coruscating flask. It wasn't easier. It was worse. It's ridiculous to say its more comfortable. It isn't. It just reduces the amount of life you have, the overall pool you have, and forces you to use life flasks more than you need to, in order to justify what the coruscating flask robs you from having, creating a dangerous situation. So I just let my old coruscating flask sit in stash tab. It's a waste. Chaos damage doesn't kill me. And I never have a panicked situation from chaos. Then you might ask, well why do I have two life flasks? Honestly, what else would you use? A second sapphire flask? It's not like they stack. A jade flask with increased armor? I don't need more physical resistance. Something to dodge with? It's not reliable. Maybe a sulfur flask. I don't know. Could I use a movement speed flask? Eh. I'd rather just switch in my brightbeak with shield charge if I want to go fast. I choose to have an extra life flask, one with immunity to bleed, one with immunity to ignite. So if I get one of those, even if I have full life, I can remove it, and trigger Soul of Arakali.

I'm not saying people who go BM victario's are bad. And that coruscating elixer doesn't work. People can reach level 100 if they just pop their coruscating flask every 8 seconds. It's just not for me. I don't consider it a "relaxed" way of playing.

And honestly, even people that like this version of the build over BM victarios still discount the value of life. PoC gives 20% ES from life, and 2x desecrate then spirit offering gives you another 9%. And then, if you get 15% reduced reservation to determination, grace, or haste on your helm, then 67% of your life is unreserved instead of 59.5%. It's potentially another 300 life. The point of this was to show how I have more than most aurabots. Most people just neglect life on their gear and jewels. That, and they neglect offerings.

you dont need quite 140% to hit the +1 max res, its a little less(assuming your number is correct as i havnt checked, but i'll take your word on it as i dont know what i have personally), i dont take devotion and i only have 13% victarios and i still hit it. if i removed my 10% from guradian asc i would need devotion to get it back, so its at least 7% less effect needed than i currently have. going for a +1 victario's with 15% aura isnt at all practical anyway.

as for coruscating, its more flask using yes but overall you do survive better with the extra regen and not having chaos damage hurt your life, i personally find this to be more comfortable to play but i guess thats because i'm just more used to flasking every 8 seconds, i've hit 100 twice on it so maybe that's my own bias there with being comfortable on the build. but you're using res flasks anyway so the extra flasks arnt too much of a dealer breaker.

as for extra utility flasks, stibnite is super strong, especially with IR as blind still gives you evade chance without having evasion. A movement flask is only really required if you play for min/max 300% + movement speed, and they do work with shield charge, as it speeds up the charge animation considerably. you could also use rumi's, you have 2 dousing suffixes so you can afford to drop one of these.

with life, i agree not many people value life as much as they should, but even with presence it just isnt that much survivability if you're doing BM, i always try to get as much life as possible but that isnt too common, and its a case of weighing cost effectiveness and calculating how much ES you get with the life roll as opposed to just getting better ES and using the extra prefix for something else( depends on the item and budget)

offerings are kind of nice, they arnt a deal breaker, they just take a lot of gem slots, and many builds just dont have the space, and if you're using 4 vaal skills,a movement skill, and another utility (portal/enduring cry/vigilant strike) you just dont have the hotbar space to place them. for me i only find them to be useful for bossing, where you wont have vaals, then i'll switch my vaals for a cwdt desecrate offering setup, but a build is not really worse off for not having them.

edit: looked at build, 66% aura effect from tree, 10% from asc, 13% from victarios, 89% total. 100% for +1 res, 131 for +2 (86 no flasks), but thats only available through victarios level 30 generosity giving +49% aura effect, which i 'm personally non a fan of)

edit again: took another look at your build and can see you do use purities in them and did notice you do exactly that, will leave previous edit up for clarity, but yes, in this case i see why you went for devotion and its uses here and what you meant above, going with the purities in the victarios isnt something that i've messed around with until today, pretty interesting, but i think i'll stay greedy and have my own survivability too :3
Last edited by Alloxya on Apr 27, 2018, 9:03:47 PM
"

"

"

"
you dont need quite 140% to hit the +1 max res, its a little less(assuming your number is correct as i havnt checked, but i'll take your word on it as i dont know what i have personally), i dont take devotion and i only have 13% victarios and i still hit it. if i removed my 10% from guradian asc i would need devotion to get it back, so its at least 7% less effect needed than i currently have. going for a +1 victario's with 15% aura isnt at all practical anyway.

as for coruscating, its more flask using yes but overall you do survive better with the extra regen and not having chaos damage hurt your life, i personally find this to be more comfortable to play but i guess thats because i'm just more used to flasking every 8 seconds, i've hit 100 twice on it so maybe that's my own bias there with being comfortable on the build. but you're using res flasks anyway so the extra flasks arnt too much of a dealer breaker.

as for extra utility flasks, stibnite is super strong, especially with IR as blind still gives you evade chance without having evasion. A movement flask is only really required if you play for min/max 300% + movement speed, and they do work with shield charge, as it speeds up the charge animation considerably. you could also use rumi's, you have 2 dousing suffixes so you can afford to drop one of these.

with life, i agree not many people value life as much as they should, but even with presence it just isnt that much survivability if you're doing BM, i always try to get as much life as possible but that isnt too common, and its a case of weighing cost effectiveness and calculating how much ES you get with the life roll as opposed to just getting better ES and using the extra prefix for something else( depends on the item and budget)

offerings are kind of nice, they arnt a deal breaker, they just take a lot of gem slots, and many builds just dont have the space, and if you're using 4 vaal skills,a movement skill, and another utility (portal/enduring cry/vigilant strike) you just dont have the hotbar space to place them. for me i only find them to be useful for bossing, where you wont have vaals, then i'll switch my vaals for a cwdt desecrate offering setup, but a build is not really worse off for not having them.

edit: looked at build, 66% aura effect from tree, 10% from asc, 13% from victarios, 89% total. 100% for +1 res, 131 for +2 (86 no flasks), but thats only available through victarios level 30 generosity giving +49% aura effect, which i 'm personally non a fan of)

edit again: took another look at your build and can see you do use purities in them and did notice you do exactly that, will leave previous edit up for clarity, but yes, in this case i see why you went for devotion and its uses here and what you meant above, going with the purities in the victarios isnt something that i've messed around with until today, pretty interesting, but i think i'll stay greedy and have my own survivability too :3

You need 140% plus lvl 23 purities if you want to give +12% purities on generosity.

This is my chest:

I don't have lvl 21 purities because my Victario's is not +1. That's what I mean about it being a moot point. If this Victario's was a +1, then I would buy the 21/20 purities, and I would give 87% resistance. But I haven't made that chest or bought it, so I don't. But if I did, I still could get rid of that Devotion node, but only because it's a 15% Victario's. Right now, with Devotion, any 12%-15% Victario's would give 87% resistance to the elements if it's a +1 and I stick in Lvl 21/20 purity of fire/light/ice.

In my mind, that's the real reason for going for this build. You want to have stuff in the armor that you give away to justify having Victario's. Now, 1558 unreserved life and 11104 ES at level 96 isn't bad for a support. But here are my jewels:

Obviously, I value having +% increased maximum life on jewels. And the reason I have 1558 unreserved life isn't an accident. When I have the chance to put it on gear, I do.:

If you look at my calculations page, I have 1555 total base life, with a total increased of 116%. My total increased energy shield is 459%.

So the amount of ES I get from Presence of Chayula is:

1555 x 6.75 (4.59 + 1.00 + 1.16) x 0.20 = 2099 ES

Remove that item, with how I geared life, and that's what I lose.

If you take a look at my calculations page again, you'll see that without casting 2x desecrate and then spirit offering, I have 10159 ES.

But cast desecrate 2x and then spirit offering whenever you want (right before you fight the boss), and you get:

1555 x 6.75 x 0.09 = 945 extra ES and an instant heal

Plus, it lasts 9.1 seconds. (7 secs for 9 corpses consumed with 20% quality gem and 20% skill effect duration from ascendancy).

That's from not overlooking the value of life. Now, would I do this if I went BM? Probably not. But take a look at my Watcher's Eye. I probably wouldn't be able to use that either. I just bought that last level.

Now, if I do a boss where I can't use vaal auras, and I'm in the mood, I'll swap out one of my jewels without resists for The Vigil, and swap out Increased Duration from my gloves for Vigilant Strike.

Now with regard to an extra flask, a stibnite does seem interesting. But I'm at 44929 armor with 85% physical reduction with the rejuvenation totem. It would only matter with regards to an elemental attack, and that's IF i don't get to use vaal grace.

And yeah, there is an advantage to being selfish and sticking purities in Alpha's Howl and keeping purities to yourself. It isn't necessary to give 87% resist to ele damage from purity alone. And elemental damage would be the only thing that is likely to kill me. If there is one temptation for me to go Shavronne's instead of this build, it's that. But that's only going to be if no one in the party gives any purity AND the boss doesn't die. And that's really only going to happen with a bad party. Since we don't have leech, our really only job is to stay alive and give the party auras. We don't have to tank ele spell damage or stand in front of the boss. And 2x desecrate, then spirit offering gives us an instant heal. We can throw 2 desecrates on the ground, and wait for the damage to come, then immediately heal ourselves.
Last edited by Zindax on Apr 28, 2018, 1:07:11 AM
I just switched over from leveling to my aura setup and the problem I have is that I only have like 3,7k ES and 370 HP fully self buffed. I know I'm just level 71 but how are you guys getting 9k+ ES? Just because of watcher's eye?
"
xBattlefear wrote:
I just switched over from leveling to my aura setup and the problem I have is that I only have like 3,7k ES and 370 HP fully self buffed. I know I'm just level 71 but how are you guys getting 9k+ ES? Just because of watcher's eye?

3k7 ES is normal when you make the transition.
A Big part of your ES is the Disciplin Aura, if you get a lvl 20+ that will make a difference, other then that, its the Presence of Chayula.

370HP seems very very low. Are you reserving anithing via Blood Magic Gem?
Or what are the Auras in your Prism Guardian?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info