[3.4]Living Saint: Tanky Aurabot - Leaguestarter / Endgame viable

Forget the power of loot-filter and poe.trade, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned.
Forget the promise of Atlas-progress and Challenge League Rewards, for in the grim dark month's ahead there is only the grind.
There is no peace amongst the price-fixer, only an eternity of 820-spamming and carnage and the laughter of Chris Wilson.

Greetings Sisters of Battle!
I have taken the liberty of adapting this Guide from my PartyJesus Aurabot,
now that the Ascendant basically stole my Identity (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻.
This Guide is also filled with Warhammer 40k Meme's, as it is inspired by the Living Saints of the Adeptus Sororitas.

To be conform with the Codex Astartes the Guide is split up into the following "Chapters":

Pros & Cons

Pros:
- a great Leaguestarter if you play with your friends
- can start with minimal Investment and support all Endgame
- purges the Atlas from Xenos for the Glory of the Emperor
- doesn't give a damn about physical Damage
- tanky
- righthanded

Cons:
- Playstyle is not for everyone (but you already knew that)
- vulnerable to Elemental Damage at the start of mapping
- not fun to level solo as this build
- lefthanded
- Charakter Portrait

Guardian vs. Necro vs. NeGua-ScionAurabot:
Here we have a little Rundown on the Features one can expect.
The Values are for 140% inc. Auraeffect on 6 Auras and 90% inc. Auraeffect on the other six.
All Buffs affect Allies (Partymembers and Minions)

Necromancer:
- 30% inc. Damage
- 20% inc. all Elemental Resistance
- 72% inc. Attack and Castspeed
Commander of Darkness & Auraeffect

Guardian:
- 18% phys. Reduction
- 4,2% Lifereg
- Bonus ES ~300
- Bonus Armour ~1600
- Allies are Stun Immun
- 10% Attack/Spellblock extra
- Generate and share all the Charges
Unwavering Faith & Auraeffect

NeGua-Ascendant
- 72% inc. Attack and Castspeed
- 18% phys. Reduction
- longer Vaal-Aura
- Party-Conduit
see the Links above as to how Ascendants Boni scale with Aura Effect.

My thoughts:
I have played different Aurabots for the last two Years.
In my opinion Necromancers tend to feel a lot more squishy and I dont see this getting better as the Offerings got nerfed in 3.2 to be only 50% effectiv.
Another reason is that Commander of Darkness lost it's Movementspeed Buff, which was very noticeable while map clearing.
All in all it comes down to the fact that the Necro shines where no one needs her to: while running low maps with some random's, whereas she always had problems with the sustain in more dangerous Bossfights.

This is where the Guardian shines.
Beeing burried in high quality Defense your Party can charge through even the most suicidal maps with gay abandon. All the while you dont die during Bosses, which means the Party doesnt wipe either.
This makes for a more relaxed Gameplay all in all.

Update Ascendant:
Now while all the above in my Opinion still is true, the Ascendant merges the strongest Parts of both while still boasting some serious Defense for herself.
Sure, your Partymembers will loose ~4% Lifereg and 1k6 Armour, but I am unsure if you would notice in Endgame Situations. Meanwhile you yourself retain the reduced Curse Effect and Spot-Regeneratin from Guardian & now also have access to Offerings, of which 2 are fine Choices.
With all the inc. Energyshield from the Tree I planned I would say that Spirit Offering looks quite solid.

3.4 Delve Skillgems, Passivtree & Uniques

3.4 Skillgem Reveal Post
Smite (!!!):
Aura-Tag - this means the Aura-Area and Effekt Nodes from the Passivtree will increase the Aura "triggered" by your Melee hit. A lvl 20 Smite grants Damage equivalent to a Lvl 18.5 Wrath Aura.
It stands to believe that this Buff will stack with Wrath fully.
Is it overpowered? Let me explain further...
So unlike the Wrath-Aura Smite's Aura also grants Chance to shock with 19%.
It grants Lightning Damage. So UNLIKE Wrath this flat damage is added to Spells.
BUT THERE IS STILL MORE.
The Flat Damage added to Spells will then be increased by the Wrath-Auras 20% more Spell Lightning Damage.

And as everything in the wording is layed out exactly like a normal Aura it will probably benefit from Generosity too. It is also (obviously) an Aura, which means it will provide the PhysicalReduction and/or Haste Boni from our Ascendancy as well. I will just call this Wrath-Double Dipping.

TL;DR: IMHO this skill is the most overpowered Support-Shit since The Vigil got buffed in 2.6
So a Level 20 Smite with Generosity-Gem on my Build will net:
+266 (27-506) Lightning Damage, +43% chance to Shock.

Summon Holy Relic:
No Information about the values for the Life-regeneration.
Is it Percent or Flat? we dont know yet. But if IF you have a free Socket, why not use it.
I'm unsure if this could be Supported with Curse on Hit to have a moving Orb of Storms.

Keep in mind that we dont yet know anything about the Helm-Enchantments for Smite and the other 3.4 Skillgems, which could potentially be very nice.
With the Aul's Uprising Amulet fully negating the cost of a Damage Aura, we once again have the Helm-Slot free for other Enchants.

Warcry Passive Nodes:
Meh. Probably not worth the Passiv Investment to travel there.

Crown of the Tyrant:
Your Animate Guardian wants this. Please also keep in mind that the Lightning Damage here also counts toward Spells.

Aul's Uprising:
This seems like a worthwile contender for the Eye of Chayula slot. Especially if you play Guardian and get Bonus Flat ES from your Reservation. This would probably force us to a Abyss Belt with Chaos Resist to negate the Resist loss.
Supposedly there will be a Hatred and Anger Version of this too. Depending if these other Amulets loose the increased Energy Shield to something different (and whatever their Aura-Bonus is) Lightning might be the best overall choice.

Required Gear

Required:

+ Conqueror's Efficiency.

Recommended:

Filthy Rich:

+ Lvl 21 Purity's, Anger & Wrath

Leveling

As this Build is specifically made to start a League and level with Friends.

The Skilltree progression outlines the basic Progression I would follow. Keep in mind, that depending on your personal Situation you should adapt it.
Feel that Physical Damage is a Problem ~lvl 40? Maybe consider rushing Iron Reflexes. Although in generell it can be said that Aura-Effect is simply your best investment, as it tends to all your needs, aswell as the Party's.

Ascendancy Points:
2 Points: Since we cant reach anything significant I suggest getting the 2 Stat Notables.
4 Points: Now its either Guardian or Necromancer.
While Necromancer adds valuable DPS and some Defense with Offerings, I think I would prefer Guardian since it gives the Spot-regeneration and phys. Damage reduction (right bevor Kitava), also while sharing charges.
6 Points: claim the other Soul
8 Points: Enable the Guardian Location for some nice Defense and Lifereg.

Here are a few Items you might consider:
Lvl 04 - The Vigil socket Vigilant Strike and grant your Allies up to 26s Fortify.
Lvl 12 - Victario's Flight Use while leveling, later your Animate Guardian can wear 'em.
Lvl 16 - Shaper's Seed Very nice during Leveling and in Labyrinth.
Lvl 17 - Aurumvorax fixes your Resist's till Endgame.
Lvl 17 - Solaris Lorica get one around Lvl 31. Once you ascended reserve an Aura with Bloodmagic Supportgem and Beef up your Allies with tons of Armour. Be prepared to skill Zeloth's Oath here and run Disciplin. Your ES is now your efficient healthpool and you need to keep your Resistances maxed!
Lvl 52 - Victario's Influence as soon as you can, aquire a decent rolled one and dress up.
Fix your Chaos Resistance BEFOR!. Rearange your reservations in such a ways, that you do not reserve more then ~50% HP. If need be sacrifice the least popular Dmg Aura.
Lvl 68 - Prism Guardian higher Level and higher priority then Alpha's Howl. Switch Haste, Grace and Determination in.
Lvl 64 - Alpha's Howl Enables one additional Aura, have Discipline and Vitality here.
In the long run you want one that has the Mana-reduction Enchant for one of your Shield's Auras.

Skilltree and Aura-Setup

Skilltree

Pastbin for Path of Building
https://pastebin.com/7rPi2m84

Aura Setup
For the Vaal-Aura I recommend using only one as they share souls. In my case I prefer Vaal Grace, since the Duration of Vaal Haste was nerfed to be laughtably low.
Vaal Grace manages 64% Spell and Attack Evasion with very good uptime once you support it with Inc. Duration!

Customize if need be!
The Aura-Setup posted is what I plan on running in 3.2 in regards to my Friends Characters.
If you support someone who uses Elemental Equilibrium its probably better to disable a DPS Aura.

If you support mainly a Poison/Chaos Build United in Dream is certainly great. You can socket Generosity and Blood Magic into the Item to support it's skill.

Dual-cursing is possible (let's see what the Fated Windscream has in store) but expensive if you want to skill the passiv.

Skillgem links

Helmet
Discipline
Vitalit
Inc. Duration
Vaal Grace

Chest Armour
Anger
Wrath
Hatred
Purity of Fire
Purity of Lightning
Purity of Ice

Shield
Haste
Determination
Grace

Weapon
Animate Guardian
Minion Life
Stone Golem

4-Link
Ball Lightning
Curse on Hit
Enfeeble
(another Curse if you need)

4-Link
Vigilant Strike
Cast when Damage taken - might be you prefer to selfcast this
Spirit Offering
Phase Run - or Immortal Call

Ringslots
Rejuvenation Totem
Movement Skill / Enduring Cry

Bandits and Pantheon

Kill all Bandits

Pantheon
Minor God - Soul of Shakari, upgrade asap for Poison Immunity (T13 Desert Spring Map)
Major God - Soul of Solaris or Soul of Arakaali, depends on Situation

The Pantheon Wiki

Flasks and Jewels

Flasks:
I used Rumi's Concoction but didn't really feel it added a lot. As big Elemental hits seem to be the only Danger I would recommend:
+ Topaz, Ruby and Sapphire Flask.

Jewels
Next to the Unique Jewels Watcher's Eye, Conqueror's Efficiency and The Vigil we use Jewel's to fix our Resistances and stack Energy Shield.
- Resistances
- flat Energyshield (Abyss Mod)
- Intelligence
- % Energyshield
- %inc. Armour if you havent killed recently (Abyss Mod)

Energy from Within can be a good option too.
Try not to let your unreserved Life drop below ~1200HP. And keep Chaos Resist maxed!

Gear Gems and Jewels from 3.3 Ascendant

"
iQiix wrote:
you mentioned in an earlier comment you are running purities in alpha's howl now instead of chest. how did you make this gem switcheroo? could you update the gem setup page or post it here? :) thanks, enjoying the build so far (not even lvl 60 yet)
ty in advance

Well this is my Setup right now:

Passiv Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAUtCdkNfA5IEHsRLxFQEZYXLxhWGGoZihqPGyUc3B0UHaohYCLqIvQnCydzKPoppSsKL281kjboOVI8S0CgQYdDY0PIRnFGt0mxS65PBFIpVdZV4FfJWAdYF1haWK9ca13yXhNhUmTnZp5odGjybAttGW1sbztwu3FNdPF4DXjHeu9_xoCkgseDCYO2hEiExYZghtGMdo8aj0aTJ5SgmK2az5uhm7WhL6I-pwinK6lutAy1SLXytzG3PriTvjq-isAawQDBxcM6w23KRsrT02_WXdfP2E3YvdkT2VvaYtsa4FXhiOKt53TpAuq662Pr7uwY707viPVL9tr3wffX-Tf56PrS-wn-Cv5J?accountName=Karunga&characterName=IP_Cihuacoatl

I get 6 additional reduced Reservation from corrupted Jewels.
This plus a Helm Enchant for either Wrath or Anger (because of Empower) - and we are fine.

Sorry for delaying this Information for so long, but it took ages to get the Helm Enchant and I didnt want to corner my Market.

That beeing said: You can use just about any Helm Enchant (or none at all) if you get 2 more corrupted Jewels:
https://poe.mikelat.com/#RmT6snKd/9b.DU6c/9b.KgXb/9b.wBf/9b.47p

You can get there with the Abyss Belt and 2x corrupted Abyss Jewels.
These (decend ones with ES and more) you will probably have to corrupt yourself.

Gear and Stats from my 3.2 Ascendant

Defense Screenshot

Path of Building Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/h2TSAtg9

Gear and Stats from my 3.1 Guardian

Defense Screenshot

Path of Building Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/QcSq8h9Q

Victario's vs. Shav's & Blood Magic

"
Completed 8 ChallengesShablo5 wrote:
Hey Mate. I'm trying to decide on blood magic vs your build.

From what I understand, the idea behind your build is that because you use victarios, you give some amazing auras and have to buff your health just incase you get hit with a nasty chaos hit right?

Where as, going blood magic, you go shavs and thus cant run victarios.

What is your opinion on blood magic/shavs vs victarios?

So if you use Shavronne's you lose out on max 15-25% Aura Effect. Why is that important?
Well with Victario's I reach 240%, this combines with lvl 23 Purity means +12% max Resist.
You cant reach that with Shavronne's. Than on the other hand you need a +1 vaaled Bodyarmour + lvl21 Gems, so its expensive anyways.

You could also try .
This will unfortunatly hinder you a lot, since you lose the reduced reservation from Prism Guardian (and the +2 Level). Keep in Mind that having 0/0 Mana does count as you having full Mana, but you cant reserve below 36% Life and also you probably want to reduce your manacosts for skills to Zero, since casting with life would mean you maybe drop below and loose the Chaos-protection. So its a bad option.

If you wanna go Blood Magic - here's what I would do:
1) Use Shav's ( but you will need a 5L or 6L, since you now have to socket Generosity Support - and loose another 10% Effect).
2) Bye Skyforth You dont profit from Lifereg anymore, so you cant use Rejuvenation Totem, Enduring Cry, Vitality. You use Spirit Offering and invest into faster start of Energy Shield Recharge!
3) Get a Watcher's Eye with 40% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge and skill the passive Essence Surge.

Your Sustain mechanic now relies on not beeing hit for 1,5 Seconds.

4) Shavronne's Revelation becomes an option.

But all in all you see where this is going:
You get 1-3 extra Auras, but lose up to 25% Auraeffect.
You'll need a 5L or 6L Shav's, probably Skyforth and maybe want a Shavronne's Revelation (Offleague).
Standing in the front and taking hit's is no longer safe, since you lose life regeneration.

So it's gonna be way more expensive, but you can have more Auras. If these Auras have an impact on the Builds you are supporting depends...

Buildoptions, Totems and Shenanigans

The Vigil + Vigilant Strike:
Dont know why I dont see this in more Support Builds but this combination grants AoE Fortify for You, your Partymembers and Minions, for up to 26 Seconds and it costs you a Jewel Socket.
it is by far the biggest Defensiv Boost I can imagin and YOU WANT IT!

Harmony of Purpose + CoH + Elemental Equilibrium
The newly buffed Harmony of Purpos is a dream come true and due to it's on-hit mechanic easily combinable with a Curse on Hit setup and Dual-Curses. Personal preferences aside I would recommend you to always use Enfeeble
As to the Spell: Ball-Lightning and Firestorm both work excellent due to them hitting very often.
Im afraid there is no good choice for cold based spells.

Animate Guardian
A popular Choice to gain 3 Auras more and with the recent changes to Minion Life Support and my Auras I found him to be quite survivable.
See that you can get the Gem to lvl 21, Quality doesn't matter.
Remember: if the Guardian dies, the Items are lost, and switch him off in Labyrinth, Halls of Grandmasters and probably Uber-Atziri.
Here are the usual Itemchoices:
- Leer Cast
- Dying Breath
- Victario's Flight
- Kingmaker expensive at Leaguestart, fucks with Cullers
- Lightning Coil because of phys-convertion
- Cloak of Flame because of phys-convertion
- Zahndethus' CassockCreates Consecrated Ground + Chaos Resist
- Ambu's Charge cheap Regeneration
- Death's Oath Fashion Choice
- Dyadus Support Burn-Builds, this Weapon needs to be in the Offhand.
- Southbound for the inc. Life
Otherwise focus on Chaos-Resist and Life on the Gloves and Boots.

Rejuvenation Totem
This Skillgem has the "Aura" Tag and will scale with your Aura Effect and Area Nodes.
It provides great upkeep during early Bossfights and is noticeable even in Lategame.

Devouring Totem
This Totem "leeches" Life & Mana to you, which circumvents the Zelot's Oath Keystone, thus recovering your Life if you run a Chaos-heavy Map or Desecrated Ground.
I keep one in my Inventar for such Occasions.

Decoy Totem
Always a solid choice. Tanky like a Fortress with your Auras.

Scorching Ray + Storm Barrier Support + CwC Another Way to Support. Reduce Fire Resist and apply a curse while Storm Barrier beefs you up. Only allows for one Curse and doesnt Work with Harmony of Purpose since Scorching Ray does not hit.

Ancient Waystones + Reduced Mana Support + Aura-Totem
This combination (the Supportgem needs to be max Quality) reduces the Manacost of the Spelltotem to Zero. Keep in Mind that a Spelltotem will only ever cast one Aura, so linking multiple Auras has no effect. Also Spelltotems can't be supportet with Generosity!

Vacuum Warchief with Empire's Grasp
Sacrificing heavily on your Gloves-Slot this Setup was fun a few leagues back and was used by Champion-Supports until they came out of fashion! Might need further investment into the Fending Notable to make it great.
Warchief Totem + Faster Attacks + Inc. Area of Effect + Knockback/Blind Support.

Conversion Trap
Your Friends will be anoyed but it is super-fun "stealing" some Aura-Rares or Invincibility-Totems.

Dominating Blow
In regards to the upcoming Beastiary-League probably better. Still anoys your friends.
You will need Faster Attacks with this one, to keep the Debuff on the Monster as it dies - IF you can reach said monster bevor your Party deletes them.

in Memory of John "Total Biscuit" Bain

Current Version #3
Changelog

03.03.2016 - Created the Build, Forumpost.
07.03.2016 - Updated Leveling Skilltrees
01.06.2016 - Updated with Perandus Char. Removed corrupted Prism Guardian.
01.12.2016 - Updated with Essence Char. that runs EVERY Aura
08.12.2017 - Updated for 3.1
19.01.2018 - Updated Skilltree with more ES fokus, Watcher's Eye
27.02.2018 - Cleaned the Guide, Skilltree re-route and W40k.
28.02.2018 - Adapted for the Ascendant
02.03.2018 - Added Skillgem links and "Shav's vs. Victario's"
31.05.2018 - Added Total Biscuit
19.06.2018 - Added 3.3 Gear
30.08.2018 - Added 3.4 Delve Section
Last edited by Karunga on Aug 30, 2018, 7:02:45 AM
Last bumped on Oct 20, 2018, 12:21:31 AM
hmmmmm i might suck one of ma friend's d*** xd
Last edited by kredel on Feb 28, 2018, 3:28:54 PM
whats elemental equilibrium for as an aurabot?

also for the guardian ascendancy, about sharing charges. im hearing the person who is the conduit must be the one to generate the charges? so should we also be using doedres elixir?
Last edited by Gaarashatan1 on Feb 28, 2018, 11:16:27 PM
How good is the survivability vs chaos dmg in general and without presence of chayula?
"
also for the guardian ascendancy, about sharing charges. im hearing the person who is the conduit must be the one to generate the charges? so should we also be using doedres elixir?

As far as I know, what you've said is 100% accurate. In order to "Share charges" between party members, the person with Share Conduit (aka Guardian Ascendency) has to be the same person who generates the charge in the first place. So from what I can see, Deodre's elixir is probably the best option to generate charges for your group. I don't know Support too well so I'm not sure if there are any alternatives, but this definitely seems the best way to do it.
"
Gaarashatan1 wrote:
whats elemental equilibrium for as an aurabot?

Elemental Equilibrium I pick because of my Friends. Depends on Your Party obviously, but if you run Hatred, Anger & Wrath you practically forze Elemental Damage onto your Friends - which you can support with EE.

As for how sharing Charges works:
If you skill this as a Guardian effectivly EVERYONE 2 Screens away from you has conduit.
Thats how it works. Someone gains Frenzycharges? --> You all have them.
As many Builds create their own Charges anyways, u usually dont have to do anything.
-That is how it works on Guardian, I assume it is the same for the Ascendand, since the wording is the same.

Charge Generation you can do:
Doedre's Elixir
Enduring Cry
Stormbarrier
Frenzy

As for the survivability without Presence:
Keep your Chaos Resist max. (Chaos res.can be a cheap stat on ES Gear because of CI)
and Chaos Damage wont be a problem. Chayula gives you a lot of ES, so most likely you will feel Elemental Damage then. Especially at the start of mapping that happened to me.

How do you level at the start of a league while playing in a party, still using vigilant strike without the treshhold? or just using auras and ee to buff your party pretty much.

From what I understand, the idea behind your build is that because you use victarios, you give some amazing auras and have to buff your health just incase you get hit with a nasty chaos hit right?

Also, POB says you are over 100% mana reserve.
"
Completed 8 ChallengesShablo5 wrote:

Also, POB says you are over 100% mana reserve.

Hello,

Well glad you asked that question as im sure a lot are torn between these two.
I will probably go ahead and include my answere into the Guide itself, so here goes:

So if you use Shavronne's you lose out on max 15% Aura Effect. Why is that important?
Well with Victario's I reach 240%, this combines with lvl 23 Purity means +12% max Resist.
You cant reach that with Shavronne's. Than on the other hand you need a +1 vaaled Bodyarmour + lvl21 Gems, so its expensive anyways.

You could also try .
This will unfortunatly hinder you a lot, since you lose the reduced reservation from Prism Guardian (and the +2 Level). Keep in Mind that having 0/0 Mana does count as you having full Mana, but you cant reserve below 36% Life and also you probably want to reduce your manacosts for skills to Zero, since casting with life would mean you maybe drop below and loose the Chaos-protection. So its a bad option.

If you wanna go Blood Magic - here's what I would do:
1) Use Shav's ( but you will need a 5L or 6L, since you now have to socket Generosity Support - and loose another 10% Effect).
2) Bye Skyforth You dont profit from Lifereg anymore, so you cant use Rejuvenation Totem, Enduring Cry, Vitality. You use Spirit Offering and invest into faster start of Energy Shield Recharge!
3) Get a Watcher's Eye with 40% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge and skill the passive Essence Surge.

Your Sustain mechanic now relies on not beeing hit for 1,5 Seconds.

4) Shavronne's Revelation becomes an option.

But all in all you see where this is going:
You get 1-3 extra Auras, but lose up to 25% Auraeffect.
You'll need a 5L or 6L Shav's, probably Skyforth and maybe want a Shavronne's Revelation (Offleague).
Standing in the front and taking hit's is no longer safe, since you lose life regeneration.

So it's gonna be way more expensive, but you can have more Auras. If these Auras have an impact on the Builds you are supporting depends...

@Mana-Reservation:
Can't tell right now as im at work. Check the Mikelat-Link, its accurate.

Can you please put a gem links drop tab in please would be greatly appreciated thanks

Gonna use this as my 3.2 starter!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info